Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving text notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Alta Hr today. Everything syncs except text messaging but it vibrates with a phone call.  I've tried disconnecting Bluetooth, made sure my iOS is up to date, rebooted the device and nothing works. Help please. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

Hi. I bought my Alta HR yesterday and it isn’t showing any notifications at all. I tried the things you said to do md it’s still not working. This is a feature that Is actually a selling point for me so this is disappointing that it doesn’t work. 

Notification screen

Best Answer

I had the same issue when I upgraded to the Alta HR on Christmas, only I received no notifications. I went through all of the troubleshooting recommendations and was able to corrrect it only to have the texts stop coming through (calls still worked) in the last week. I went through all of the recommendationed steps without resolution. I finally just tried one last setting in my phone notification screen and turned the “show preview” to “never” and that worked, although I can’t say why. I’ve attached a screw.

It is incredibly frustrating to have this issue continue as I depend on these notifications for work when I cannot have my phone sound on. 

Best Answer

Well, y'all, I have an Android phone now (Christmas present)...and after a month of working just fine...now my Alta HR is not receiving phone OR text notifications. This happened just after my phone software updated to Android 8.0.0.360(C567) the other day. Also my Fitbit stopped syncing to my Android phone at the same time and I had to annoyingly allow Google notifications to let me know on my phone screen that Fitbit is running in the background. Duh, we know that. There is no option to "forget this device" on Android...at least not on mine. I just did a "re-pair" of the Alta HR to my phone after force stop of the Fitbit app. Still no phone or text notifications. There's gotta be a way around all this that works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem for awhile as well. It's worse now as I'm am no longer receiving phone notifications. I have an iPhone 8 with the latest version of iOS. This form will not allow me to insert a picture or I would upload the screen shot as requested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this back to my attention, would it be possible for your to let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps you have tried in order to resolve this issue? That will help me determine which steps should we take next. Additionally, if you'd like to reply with a screenshot, please follow these steps in order to do it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not all phones follow the same instruction set...that said, I think I might have found something that is causing my issue with not getting text notifications. Once I got into my car and my phone paired to my car's bluetooth, I noticed that the Fitbit Alta HR wasn't giving me my text notifications afterwards. This happened on a previous phone, too, and it took me some sleuthing to remember that it happened then as well. I still don't think it's the phones because we all have different phones using different phone operating systems. Maybe there is a setting in the Fitbit software somewhere that resets when the phone's bluetooth connects to another device. I've also noticed that the synching between my phone and Fitbit needs to be forced when all the settings are correct. I should haven't to continue to shut down both devices all the time. Anyway, just trying to troubleshoot here.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Touch on the pic of your Fitbit in the upper left hand. Go to Notifications and  it will ask you to pair. Once done pairing, you can go into the notifications tab and select your settings!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenR32wrote:

Touch on the pic of your Fitbit in the upper left hand. Go to Notifications and  it will ask you to pair. Once done pairing, you can go into the notifications tab and select your settings!

Following the initial setup is not the problem, it's an intermittent problem after setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought an Alta HR yesterday.  I have unpaired the device as you suggested.  I have restarted my phone. I have done everything but I am not getting text alerts.  I get phone and calendar alerts.

I was having this problem on my Charge 2 but thought it was b/c  I had done something wrong.

This is super frustrating and could be enough to have me return and try another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, also having the same problem, on my mom and my Fitbits. We’ve tried removing the device and resyncing them, exchanged and got new Fitbits, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, unpaired and repaired to Bluetooth, and with my moms she gets notifications for calls, but not texts, and mine I only get text notifications occasionally. Not sure what’s going on as my Fitbit has worked fine until about a couple weeks ago... has anyone been able to get it to work or is it a software issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JanelleK93 and @Devon1981, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. At this moment I would like to ask you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of what you're able to see here, then reply to me with the screenshot so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here’s the photo of the setting for my Fitbit. My moms is exactly the same.

Janelle

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've updated my phone and I am still only getting phone call alerts & calendar alerts.  No texts

I tried to post screen shots but keep getting an error.

I phone settings have all the notifications on except "show on lock Screen" and Fitbit settings have all notifications turned on

Best Answer

Hello @JanelleK93 and @Devon1981, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. After checking this with our team, I've been informed that they are aware of this situation and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Once I have more information to share with you about this issue I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t seem to attach a screenshot. But I followed the instructions and still no text notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue! This is ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Kstute, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate it you have already tried the troubleshooting steps described above, Our team is currently aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. If you would still like to submit your screenshot, please follow these instructions

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with my newly purchased Alta HR. I have tried all suggested fixes. I will check back frequenlty for a fix as text notification was one of the primary features for purchasing and this is a major disappointment. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU. I’ve been trying everything and THIS finally worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Busalaja88 and @Ccumbo, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@Busalaja88, I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@Ccumbo, I understand your concern about this situation, at this moment I would like to suggest you to got to your phone Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom and make sure this feature is turned off. This seems to have resolved this issue for some members of the Community.  

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes