Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving text notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Alta Hr today. Everything syncs except text messaging but it vibrates with a phone call.  I've tried disconnecting Bluetooth, made sure my iOS is up to date, rebooted the device and nothing works. Help please. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

I am having the same issue! I was getting text and call notifications on my Alta HR from my iPhone 6s with no issues for weeks. I did an iOS system update and then lost text notifications. I’ve recently upgraded to an iPhone 8plus and am still having the same issues. To say I’m frustrated is an understatement. Ready to throw my Fitbit in the trash!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Like many others, after upgrading to iOS 12.3, all phone notifications from phone (txt, calls, calendar) are NOT showing up on my Alta HR.  I have done everything on the thread from rebooting, removing, reinstalling, re-setting up as new device.  No notifications.  Folks at Fitbit, this is not only happening on my device but my wife's too.  All after upgrading to iOS 12.3 on our iPhone Xs.  Based on community report too, there seems to be an issue for sure!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased a Fitbit Alta HR today and I am unable to receive any phone notifications. I have tried every “trick” on this thread and nothing is working! Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit alta HR is not letting me know when i get a text!! i have been watching and reading how to make it work but nothing is helping! help me!😭😂

Best Answer

I spent several hours on the phone with Fitbit and got no solution from them. Horrible customer service. Anyway, I eventually realized that it was because I put my contacts in fancy fonts, so I had to go through my contacts and remove the fonts and emojis. So if you have emojis and/or fonts in your contacts then removing them should help.

After doing this, the problem happened again. This sequence worked.

1. Go into your Bluetooth settings and forget your Fitbit. Also delete it from the Fitbit app.

2. Plug the Fitbit in and click the button on the charger three times until it powers off.

3. Power down your phone.

4. Turn the phone back on and go into the Fitbit app and setup your Fitbit again. 

This worked for me, but you need to do it in this sequence for it to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I spoke with Fitbit customer service and the girl was super helpful. On my
phone I had to go to notifications and make sure I had all the options
checked. (See pic below). I also had to have it set at persistent, not
temporary and that corrected my issue!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Samsung S9 had an update this week and I receive the text alert from the sender but the message no longer reads out.  I have removed the  Fitbit app and reinstalled, turned on notifications, etc.  Can you tell me how to reset my Fitbit Alta HR watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a iPhone but finally fixed my issue! Go into your settings and then
to notifications. Once in notifications, scroll down to find the Fitbit
app. Click that open and make sure you have all the banners, badges,
notifications checked and that they are set at persistent, not temporary.
That’s what fixed it on my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  Were you able to resolve and if so what did you do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing; were you able to resolve and if so how?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes I just waited a few days and it managed to sync my phone. I don’t have any issues now

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of these suggestions and nothing works.   REALLY pisses me off.  I might as well have bought an apple watch as this thing doesn't do much of anything now.  An Apple upgrade shouldn't render this thing useless.  Ridiculous and Fitbit is of NO help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue after I did the new update ios13. I have a Fitbit HR. I tried everything nothing works as far as my text messages on my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I have tried everything suggested here. Am receiving call info but no text notifications. Anyone have any new suggestions for resolving? So annoying! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue since the iOS update as well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fix mine without having to return it, I just forgot how I did it

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I do Snapchat notifications on the Alta hr??

Best Answer
0 Votes