Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving text notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Alta Hr today. Everything syncs except text messaging but it vibrates with a phone call.  I've tried disconnecting Bluetooth, made sure my iOS is up to date, rebooted the device and nothing works. Help please. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

Hello @BMICKEY, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Are you receiving text from the iMessage app in your phone or from another, 3rd party app? Have you restarted your phone as well as your Alta HR?

In this particular case I would like to suggest you to go to your phone settings and check the following:

• Bluetooth. Bluetooth is what allows your mobile device to communicate with the tracker so make sure it is on. 
  • Do Not Disturb. This feature prevents your mobile device from pushing notifications so make sure it is off. 
  • Notifications. Your mobile device must get notifications before they can be sent to your tracker. Check these settings:
    • For Phone, Calendar, and Messages, make sure Allow Notifications is on.
    • For Messages, also make sure Show in Notification Center is on, Show on Lock Screen is on, and you've chosen Banners or Alerts as an alert style. 

If this is already checked, we will reset Notifications on your phone and device. Please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if Alta HR is on the list of paired devices; if it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device, then restart your phone. Open the Fitbit app, tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications and enable them once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
I have already tried all the above mentioned solutions. I receive calls but no texts. I also put in a message to tech support. I'm wondering if it is and ios issue...thank you.

Sent from my Disney infected iPhone 6
Best Answer

Hello @BMICKEY, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. 

I'm glad to hear that you have already contacted our Support Team, have you received a response from them already? I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you further with this situation. 

Please keep me updated and if there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S7 and message+ it had been working fine since I purchased my Alta HR a few months ago and stopped Thursday. Calls come in but not texts, tried all previous mentions, no response from support team yet

Best Answer

I do have the same exact problem, even after performing all the steps for fixing this issue.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. They replaced my alta hr and still didn’t work. I thought it might be my iPhone 6. I just got the iPhone 8 and still doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem not getting text notifications on my Fitbit. I am getting phone call notifications as the call is coming in. Already reported this to Fitbit "help desk" and was told that I'd get a response when there was a fix. This was quite a few weeks ago. I've done everything already requested and even reinstalled the software on my iPhone. Still no text message notifications. 

Best Answer
My text notification were somehow turned off in application settings,
nothing to do with the Fitbit but since the app wasn't notifying there
wasn't any data for the Fitbit to share
Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Alta HR and am having the exact same problem. I receive calls but not text messages. It is so weird because I was receiving them fine since I bought it and then a few days ago they just stopped. I have tried everything that was suggested. Why won't Fitbit fix this problem? That is what I really want to know. Maybe it is an IOS app problem with the IOS update.

Best Answer

I have done everything you suggested and I am only receiving calls and not texts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here -- checked all the settings, etc. Just updated to IOS 11.2.1. Dunno....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me - started on 12/20/17 - it's got to be a problem with the tracker if we all have different phones

Best Answer
0 Votes
Somehow my tracker or my phone got straightened out. It does have to do
with settings though. I had been fooling with my settings to save battery
power and To try and fix this problem with the Fitbit. One of the things
that was wrong was actually something my phone did with an update.
Best Answer

Just got a new smartphone for Christmas. Set it up today.  Was not receiving text message notifications...AND...then not receiving phone call notifications either. That is new today. Just going into overal Notifications Settings on the phone didn't fix it. So eventually went into the Fitbit app on my new phone...and THERE I had to set up my preferences for notifications...AGAIN.  Anyway...the notifications are working now for calls and texts. Sigh.

Best Answer

I am experiencing the same problem currently. I've had the tracker for only 7 days, and it stopped working today. 

Will contact customer service for support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem with Alta HR & iPhone 5S. Under my bluetooth settings I saw my previous fitbit was listed as disconnected. I selected "forget this device" and after restarting the iPhone, was able to set my notifications to show calls and texts. Hope this might help others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, only I’m not getting call notifications, either. 

I’ve checked all my device and Alta hr notification settings and followed the instructions above for resetting the pairing and nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here until I got a new phone and now everything is working. Also no help from the Fitbit help desk. No followup, nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided above. At this moment I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on your tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Alta HR > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the Alta HR Options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

If you're still not getting Notifications, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and reply to me with a screenshot of what you're able to see here so I can check this further. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer