Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving text notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Alta Hr today. Everything syncs except text messaging but it vibrates with a phone call.  I've tried disconnecting Bluetooth, made sure my iOS is up to date, rebooted the device and nothing works. Help please. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

Hi MarcoGFitbit, thank you for your prompt response. I went to my phone Settings > General> Accessibility > Zoom, as you suggested and it was already turned off so this did NOT resolve my issue. I’m still in need of a resolution to receive text notifications to my Fitbit. I am receiving call notifications...

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working and now my calendar notifications aren’t coming through. And when they did the same one wouldn’t stop popping up!!😡 I want a refund!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ccumbo and @Kstute, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps I've provided earlier. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can forward it to our team so they can take a better look at this situation:

1. Phone model you're using.
  2. OS version running on your phone
  3. App version currently installed on your phone. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Hi! I’m using iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.7, and Fitbit 2.47. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone 7 Plus and OS 11

If it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

"i am using an Apple SE phone with 11.2.6  with FitBit 2.47.

Is there any time frame on getting this fixed.  My 30 return window is closing and I am thinking about returning it since the main reason i bought it does not function correctly.   I bought this over the AppleWatch b/c it still delivered text messages. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Devon1981@Kstute and @Ccumbo, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide me the information requested, I really appreciate it. Smiley Happy

At this moment I will forward the information you have provided to me to our team so they can use it to investigate this issue. Please be assured they're working towards a prompt and proper resolution for this situation. In the meantime, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure everything is enabled here, notification have been set to Banners / Temporary and at the end, the "repeat notification" has been set to "once". 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Was tech support able to help you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought mine today and I am having the same problem. I have tried the above. What will fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far no fix!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue with the notifications, texts not coming through. Chatted with support. Rebooted Fitbit Alta at the charger. Updated my iPhone 7 to iOS 11.3 and texts came through. Hopefully it continues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Support told me to reboot at the charger. Did that and updated my phone to iso 11.3 (iPhone 7) and it worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you reboot at the charger? I googled it and tried pushing the button three times as it was charging...didn’t reboot for me after several tries. I had it plugged into a wall charger though. Not sure if that makes a difference..?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t think it matters where your plugged into. I was plugged into an extension. You attach your Fitbit to the charger as usual and if you hold the Fitbit in your hand and push that reset button on the bottom of the charger, you can feel the fit bit vibrate. So you have to push the button 3 times, but slowly so you feel the Fitbit buzz and you see the battery icon blink I think. After that reboot your phone too and re-link to your phone. I had actually removed the device from my phone, then rebooted my iPhone, then rebooted the Fitbit. Then re-linked and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @GDwme, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Thanks for taking the time to reply @Ccumbo, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

@GDwme, I appreciate your help with this situation and I'm very glad your tracker is now receiving notifications. 

@Ccumbo, please try to restart your Alta HR as @GDwme mentioned and try to set up your tracker as a new device as she did. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

Ugh. Ok, I unpaired my phone and Fitbit, restarted both and re paired them. Now, not only am I not receiving text notifications, I’m also not receiving call notifications! I’ve checked to make sure notifications are turned on. So frustrating. I’m ready to just give up. My daughter has a Fitbit charge HR that has never recieved texts, only calls! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ccumbo, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

Additionally, please note that the Charge HR can only receive call notifications, not text ones. In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well.

Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried every workaround mentioned on this thread and still have the same issue with a brand new Alta HR — how do I submit a support request? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @txtootie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate you have already worked through the troubleshooting steps provided. At this moment I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes