Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving text notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Alta Hr today. Everything syncs except text messaging but it vibrates with a phone call.  I've tried disconnecting Bluetooth, made sure my iOS is up to date, rebooted the device and nothing works. Help please. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

I just got mine today and it is doing the same thing.  No text or phone notifications.  i have tried all of the steps multiple times now 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also tried all the solutions offered here, to no success. I got my Alta HR when it came out and everything worked fine. Then when I updated my iOS to 11.2 I no longer received text notifications. Calls, alarms, and activity notices all work fine, just not texts. 

I double checked all all my settings, then tried unpairing and resetting, then checked settings again. I was ready to believe it was an iOS problem, but it seems to be affecting other phones too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine working last night. I had to turn on “show in history” on my phone notifications. I then forgot the device in Bluetooth, closed the Fitbit app, restarted the phone and opened the Fitbit app and turned notifications back on. So far so good. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every step mentioned in this thread and cannot get mine to work either. Help would be appreciated. 

Rebekah S. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue right now with my iPhone 8+. Not getting calls OR texts. I tried everything that was advised. Still no luck. 

Best Answer

I finally got it to work by turning off all other items in our home that use Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR is not receiving texts and I have tried ALL of the trouble shooting tips. What shall I do???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Shaynes099@jaybeksacran and @Snarfdart, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

@jaybeksacran, I appreciate you have taken the time to let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad your tracker is now able to receive Notifications. 

@Shaynes099 and @Snarfdart, would it be possible for you to let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will be very helpful for me to determine which steps should we take next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks for your help,
I have tried updating my phone. I have tried unsync it and then re-syncing my fit bit. I have tried turning the notifications on turning them off. I have checked my notifications on my iPhone to make sure that their correct. I have tried turning the Bluetooth on and turning the Bluetooth off and re-syncing.

I think I’ve tried almost every troubleshooting tip that I found on the message boards.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Shaynes099, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply with the information requested. Smiley Happy

At this moment, I would like to suggest you to reset Notifications from the Fitbit app following these steps:

- Restart your Fitbit device.

- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on tracker. Then tap on Forget this Device. 

- Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. 

- Open the app again and tap on Account > Your Tracker > Notifications. You will receive the following Pop-up:

BTPairing.jpg

- Then, once you tap on Set Up, the app will begin setting up your tracker with the Bluetooth on your phone, which will prompt the next pop-up:

BTPairing2.jpg

- Tap Pair

- Once you get back to the tracker options, tap on Notifications an enable the ones you'd like to receive. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured out what the issue was. I had to turn off the setting that blocked my phone from getting on screen display notifications of what my text messages said— not just allowing them to pop up but allowing anyone whose looking at my phone to see what they say.

Samantha Brinley

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine didn't work until I turned off the bluetooth speaker in our living room. I didn't mess with the bluetooth setting on my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again for your help. I just tried this a few times, by beginning with re-setting my Fitbit, and it did not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Shaynes099@jaybeksacran and @Snarfdart, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@jaybeksacran and @Snarfdart, I appreciate you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved and the steps you took in order to resolve it, I'm very glad! 

@Shaynes099, thanks again for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Shaynes099, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

You're very welcome! Please keep me updated and let me know in case you need anything else, I'll be happy to continue assisting you.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

did you manage to get the issue sorted? I’ve tried all the troubleshooting techniques and still don’t have text and calls working 

just wondered how you managed to fix the issue 

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Reidy0588, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have reported this issue to me, are you also using an Alta HR or are you using another Fitbit device? Would it be possible for you to reply to me with the exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That will be very helpful for me to check what should we do next. Additionally, please go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit and take a screenshot of what you're able to see here, this will be helpful as well. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

5CE9C597-0012-4158-8C3F-9AEB7C38A2AF.png39D36A7F-0D5C-495B-A6D5-3629A29598FC.png

UPDATE:

I am using Alta HR on iOS 11.4.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

39D36A7F-0D5C-495B-A6D5-3629A29598FC.png

Best Answer
0 Votes