Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta HR not receiving text notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased the Alta Hr today. Everything syncs except text messaging but it vibrates with a phone call.  I've tried disconnecting Bluetooth, made sure my iOS is up to date, rebooted the device and nothing works. Help please. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
136 REPLIES 136

I am using Alta HR on iOS 11.4.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Reidy0588, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide me the screenshots and information requested. Smiley Happy

I have checked with our Support Team and it seems you have already chatted with them so I went ahead and updated your case with the information you have provided so they can be aware of the troubleshooting steps you have already tried. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit thank you 

it has started working today. I did nothin new and didn’t mess at all last night. Maybe it was because I was out of the house and away from any other smart devices (TVs WiFi etc) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Reidy0588, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Fitbit HR on 10/5/2018.  I also could not get the text message part to work.  I went to notifications on Iphone6 and under messages turned all notitications on.  This had been done earlier in the evening except I had not turned  on "show in history"   After turning this on and then going to the fitbit app, I did a manual sync.  At the moment both calls and messages are showing on the fitbit hr. 

Thank you to all for the suggestions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @brodgers, thanks for joining us, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for having taken the time to share your experience. I'm very glad that after enabling "Show In History" you were able to receive Notifications. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here’s what I think fixed it on my iPhone. When I went to iPhone settings,  I clicked on my Apple ID at the top.

Below there is a list of “my devices”, and my iPhone was listed twice.  I deleted one of them, and now my text notification seems to work on my Alta HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @VixKiller, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining us and letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you took in order to fix your issue. I'm very glad yo're now able to receive Notification. I'm sure your steps will be very helpful for members of the Community facing the same situation. 

If there's anything you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not receiving text messages alerts on my Alta Hr. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @lilrainbow01, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Are you only experiencing issues with text Notifications or with Notifications in general? Which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Please note that on iOS 12 some settings have changed, so I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > Notifications > Fitbit / Messages and make sure the following is enabled:

NuNot.png

I hope this can be helpful, please give this a try and keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of the troubleshooting steps.  Even tried to set up as new device on another phone. Device syncs exercise data to the phone but no calls/events/text notification.  I've had this same device and phone working for more then a year and now it stopped working,

Ideas?

UPDATE:

I don't have "show in History" in options in my fitbit notification settings on my Iphone 8.  

UPDATE 2

I do have notifications set as listed above for IOS 12.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LINDALOU77, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and that you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread and checked your phone Settings as well. Please note that our team is aware of this issue affecting Notifications on iOS 12. Please keep an eye on this thread where our team will post more updates once we have more information to share about this situation. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here’s what worked for me:  

1. Unpair device from the phone’s Bluetooth and from the Fitbit app. 

2. Delete the app and restart the phone. 

3. Plug the Fitbit into its charger and reset the device to factory. 

4. Install the app and pair the device. 

5. Go into the app and disable texting notifications then swipe away the app to close it. 

6. Launch the app and enable text notifications. 

I hope this helps you as it has resolved my text notification issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Chapman8tor, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you've taken the time to list the troubleshooting steps that were helpful for you. I'm sure they will be also helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

Thanks for your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR is not receiving texts or calls, or calendar things (not that I have any) so it's not receiving any notifications. I tried the things you suggested, still not working. Can you help me here? If so, much appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Our usernames are similar.

(#akward)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ItsMeAva, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to report this to us and let us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps on this thread. At this moment, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the Alta HR and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted.

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem.

Iphone 6, fitbit alta HR. Tried all steps nothing works

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have had this a week and it was doing calling notifications and is no longer doing call or text notifications and I have followed all the attached steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Littlepuma85 have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. 

I appreciate you have taken the time to report this situation. Tell me, are you also wearing an Alta HR? Have you restarted it already? If so and as you mentioned you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread, my best recommendation would be setting up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between the Alta HR and your phone. Note that none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Give this steps a try and let us know the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes