Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Everyone - After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for all of your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

Since the latest iOS app up date I have to log in to the Fitbit app every time I use it 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem

Best Answer

Me too. Super annoying. I hope they fix it soon. 

Best Answer

I am now having this problem with my iPhone 5s. Happened after I reset network settings. It's very irritating. 

Best Answer

Me too. Very annoying. Needs to be fixed asap. 

Best Answer

Yes! It is soooo frustrating! But I'm glad to find out it is a bug that others are experiencing and not just an issue with my iPad.

Best Answer

I'm getting logged off on my iPhone 5S all the time.  Ridiculous. Please fix this

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am using an iphone 7 plus. A few days ago, I woke up and noticed that I was logged out of my fitbit app. I could not log in or use forget password function. There is always an error, "operation cannot be completed". I restarted my Fitbit Charge HR, uninstalled and installed my app and turned bluetooth on and off several times but I still get the same error. What else should I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer

Hello @gemflowers, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know about this issue. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

mine logged me out, wont let me back in even tho I have the correct information, and when I click "send new password" it says it sends and I get no email.

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. It does not allow to log in with FB, That is how I originally signed up. I use the email for my fb to try to create a new account, however, it starts me all over again and i have NONE of my friends or contacts.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue as you Carly

Best Answer

Is there any update on this situation? It's frustrating that I am not able to login on my app and sync.

I am a developer so I do understand that these things take time, but its almost 24 hours now. 

Best Answer

Morning, I too have woken up with the same issue this morning "Oops, something went wrong, please try again.   An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection to the server cannot be made", however no matter how often I try, it won't accept log-in and password.   

Fingers crossed the engineers will fix it soon.

Best Answer

Hello @buttonbox, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll make sure to forward the information to our team. Although I don't have an estimate time frame for this situation to be resolved, I'm sure our team will be able to find a prompt and proper solution as soon as possible. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

It's been almost a week now, and the app still crashes every time I try to launch it. I've deleted and re-downloaded several times, but nothing seems to work.

Can someone at FitBit please update on this situation?

Best Answer

I can't seem to be able to log into my app on my iPhone.  It keeps telling me my username or password is incorrect.  I changed my password and it still won't let me log on.  I can log on from my computer; but not my iPhone.

Best Answer

My app is just a white screen won't do anything.   

Best Answer