Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

This issue has just started happening (over the last week). Are others having this issue and is there anything we can do to fix it? It is really frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the past 3-4 weeks the FitBit app on my iphone requires me to login with email and password EVERY TIME I try to access it.  I've reported this before and was told that "the engineers are working on it" but that was a couple of weeks ago.  I have stopped entering my food data because it is just so annoying.

When will this be fixed???

Best Answer

I no longer have to sign onto the app on my phone every time, but continue to have to sign in on my iPad mini. Very frustrating!

Best Answer

Did you do anything that made it stop on your phone? Mine is still driving me crazy!

Best Answer

You don't need a screen shot. After a while when we check our Fitbit on the iPhone it takes you to the login page. I akwsys stayed logged in for weeks. Now I have to log in adverse times a day.  Getting ready to look for a competitor that doesn't do

this. You have a big problem 

Best Answer

Where is the fix for this?  It has been a long time ---  Is it posted somewhere?  Please let us know an expected timeline.  thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I have also had this same issue of being logged out. Is this an issue with a certain Fitbit or just the app?  I am using the Fitbit Blaze. 

Best Answer

I haven't been able to log in for almost 24 hours. I keep getting an error message when I try to log in. 

Best Answer

I have to update and let you know that my iPhone FitBit app is working again. My iPad app still thinks its connected to the FitBit as well, but I'm unwilling to change anything as long as the iPhone is talking to my FitBit and logging in data. I can't explain why it is working. I didn't do anything. Just wanted to let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is getting worse. I logged in prior to a work out and it had logged me out before the workout finished. Less than an hour later. It was a bike ride so it didn't track the distance. This is now past annoying. Doesn't anyone use an iPhone at FitBit? This should have been caught in beta testing. Not a minor glitch. I stay logged in at multiple computers all the time, but I can't take them with me on workouts.

Best Answer
Reviewing?? How about working around the clock to resolve. I have had 3 Fitbits over the years and will not get another. You have ruined customer loyalty.
Best Answer

Could you undo the update that caused all this?

Best Answer
My iPhone is secure, the app doesn't need to be. Having to login daily is a huge hassle! They could have at least added Touch ID, if they're going to force login. This unexpected app "feature" was a really bad decision.  They should have focused on making sync work better. At least once a week I have to power cycle my phone to get it to find my Fibit. 
Best Answer

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

You've known about this since 8/15 & still no fix???

Best Answer

Doubt it - I started getting that error this morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't been able to make it work for about a week or so. How come there is no fix yet?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app on I phone 5s is still logging off frequently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been almost two weeks. That is eternity in the tech world. I guess this indicates where iOS users rank at Fitbit. Sad.

Best Answer

Fitbit any further updates? I can't even login on my phone even though I'm using the right login details. Keeps saying error. Need my points to update urgently for my medical aid rebate. Please advise. 

Best Answer