Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

This is becoming so annoying, I am getting tired and frustrated with having to log in every single time I want to use the app. 

If they enabled Touch ID that would make it easier! 

Every day I'm checking to see if there is an update to the app. This latest one is a disaster with the log in issue and it draining the tracker battery so quickly. 

Best Answer

Huh, I've gone a whole day where I have not had to login to the app to access it. Maybe it's fixed? I think I've fallen out of love with my fitbit. I was willing to put up with the rash from the band, but with the issue of needing to login multiple times a day, the sleep data issue and the data that is missing or wrong, I think the love is gone.

Best Answer

I feel the same way - I go days now without logging in - then find the battery is dead and there is no data. 

So sad, my Mom and I both have them, she is almost 80 and lives in a different state.  I have used this for years as a gauge of her health.  I have started shopping for a different company for us! 

I think I have switched from frustrated to resigned to the fact that this will never be "fixed" and it is how this product will function now.  

Best Answer

I updated my ios app and its logged me out then it told me my account wasn't recognised even though ive had this account since about June! Ive now lost all my data since June and i am really devastated! Can anyone help me please? 

Best Answer

Looking for updated information on this topic. I still have a flex which means I have to go through the full log in process anytime I want to check my steps.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get a white screen when I open the app whenever I'm in an area with no cell signal. As soon as I have a signal the app opens but I'm logged off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, switching off wifi works on my iPhone 6. Something wrong with titbits connection over wifi

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long might it be before I can check stats without having to log in?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was actually ok after about a week. I hope yours will be also.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Maorj
After logging in and restarting it has returned.
Bogue
Best Answer
0 Votes

Take a hammer to the piece of **ahem**!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still being logged out at least once a day.  I've restarted my phone.  Nothing seems to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone app has shut down twice. My main problem is it will not sync with my laptop, saying no internet connection. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, me too (3x+/day). This is a REAL pain in the...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is me too on 9/09/17 - did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No solution found. The iPhone app is spotty. The web app has not updated since Tuesday, says "no internet connection", when I'm on the internet. I will be researching other fitness trackers for a purchase. So tired of FitBit problems...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, live chat to.d me that my ipad 2 was the problem, dont think so! Any suggestions? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have had 3 FitBits over the past 2 years and never an app problem or sync problem until the past week. No, it's their problem and they will be bleeding customers and money soon if they can't get a fix. Blaming the customer is the wrong approach. I spent over 30 minutes on chat and the guy said it was an app problem with my computer. I have changed nothing in 2 years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same for me, i was over one hour on chat
Its ok on my cheap android phone
And It syncs without me having to login on my ipad, go figure

Val Sullivan

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. It worked when I switched off wifi (WLAN) and used a normal phone data connection to login to fitbit/or use the app. You will have to switch off wifi whenever you want to sync/connect to your Fitbit device. It's not much of a solution, but until Fitbit fix the problem, it's all you've got.

Best Answer
0 Votes