Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

You did well getting out and responding right away. But the lack of resolution almost 3 weeks later is puzzling at best. You have programmers and engineers. The latest update caused this problem. The programmers should see what the changes are between the two versions and at least complete a patch until they can develop a final repair. So where are they? Working on the development of future products? This will cost you in the long run. I regret the purchase. Can't afford an Apple Watch; yet.

Best Answer

It's been a month since the app update and the logging out issues have started. When is an update to fix this issue planned for release?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating. This is why people give up on Fitbit. Please fix this ASAP. 

Best Answer

My iPhone app logged out again. This time I can't get it to log back in. With a Charge 2 I need the app running for GPS. Still unable to sync to the dashboard on the laptop. FitBit seems to be ignoring these problems and will not respond back. Has anyone had contact with a real person? I am about ready to file a consumer complaint and buy a Garmin.

Best Answer
Hi - thanks for your reply. Actually, I rebooted the phone (several times) and the app finally started working. I'll say a prayer for you! God bless.
Best Answer

I called on this issue 4 weeks ago - how long do you want us to be patient?? If it is not fixed soon I will be shopping for a new brand of fitness tracker.

Best Answer

I am getting the distinct impression that Fitbit isn't really interested. Put the product out, make the $ and then move on. The Aria scale is unusable. The negative publicity will be bad for business so I don't understand the rationale. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still an issue as of 9/12/17.  

Best Answer

Still a VERY ANNOYING issue as of 13/09/2017. Please get this fixed asap. Been an issue since last iOS update. I have an iPhone 5s.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone, An update, our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

@HikingGrandma I moved your post here for better visibility. Sorry to hear this is still an issue, thanks for your patience, we are working on it. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I was so excited to see the 2.40 version expecting the login issues to be resolved.  They are not.  You still have to log in every time with my iPhone app.  Again is anybody doing QC (quality control) before releasing these versions.  How many customers will you lose?  The main issue was login and that issue is not fixed.  Sad to see this happen.  Will not recommend this product.

Best Answer
I understand that this can be quite technical. But my when I get logged out, it sometimes tells me it is for ‘security reasons;. That indicates is was a deliberate change that someone slipped in there. I already have to log into my phone, I don’t need to log into the app but once, ever.
Best Answer

Yes, still logging out randomly, won't log back in. Says "no internet connection" on the desktop to sync from phone. Running version 2.40.... I hope all the data can still be recovered or I've lost over 100K steps and more!

Best Answer

Add me to the list of people still being logged out. 

App version 2.40
iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.3

Fitbit Blaze and Fitbit One

App force quitted, and phone reset. Still being logged out randomly. 

Best Answer

I got the recent update 2.40 and it did not fix the issue that I keep getting logged out every time. Really it shouldn't take your technical team over a month to correct an issue that didn't exist before update 2.39. 

Best Answer
Same here. Ugh! I was hoping the new update would fix the problem. This is getting ridiculous!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is really turning off on Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same exact situation for me. Everything is up to date. Still being logged
out every 6-8 hours. getting a message saying it is for privacy reasons.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 will sync to my phone, when the app has not logged out. However, it will not then sync from the phone to my laptop. It says "no internet connection." I tried a forced sync by using the desktop icon. Same thing, no internet. My laptop has not seen any updates since 9/5. So, I have no past history. I just installed the app on my iPad. It will not log in saying there is some type of error. Has anyone else experienced the no internet connection message? Any solutions? And, yes, all apps are up to date as well as the firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Realize that Fitbit focus is on the roll out of their new products, not maintenance of the old. Their software people can't be released from development for repair. If they could, this would have been fixed in a week. Especially since it was induced by one of their updates. Feel the love? 

Best Answer
0 Votes