Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

I have not been able to sync my fitbit for two days now... either on my computer or through iPhone app... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

The apps on my iPhone and iPad have logged out and will not log back in. Nothing will sync to my computer. No sync since 9/5. Anyone know a reporter? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit does not seem to want to support iOS devices with any enthusiasm. This should have been fixed in a few days.
Best Answer
It should never take the software department this long to fix something that worked perfect in all other previous versions. 2.40 didn't fix it either.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I had to restart the fitbit (blaze) and my iPhone - hope that works for you. 

Best Answer

I sent a message to NBC5 in Chicago. Their consumer reporter got back to me and asked some questions. I hope this will lead into a inquiry at Fitbit and we will finally get some help!

Best Answer

Wow hadn't thought of that, maybe if we all contacted our news stations around the country, they would respond....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi iOS users- We hear you- please know our team is actively working on this issue and is aware that users are eager for a fix.

As I mentioned in my post on Tuesday, our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, but this has still not been resolved for all. I'll update the thread as soon as I hear further. Thanks again for reporting this issue and your patience.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I had been looking forward to the 2.40 update that "promised" to solve signing out issue and I updated the app as soon as it was released. Now I feel cheated. Nothing has changed.

It was a whole month since I reported the issue. My patience runs out and I am sorry to say that my next device won't be Fitbit.

Best Answer

I didn't have this issue until the 2.40 update now I have to login every time I open the app. 

Best Answer

Still doesn't work with 2.40. This is totally unacceptable. After years as a FB user, and 3 devices, I'm ready to dump my ChargeHR for a device that works. When are you going to fix this problem????

Best Answer

My app was working fine until I updated to 2.40 Wednesday (9/13).  Now it keeps saying "Looking..."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since 2.40 the app will not load on my iphone 6s+. I tried deleting and reloading but nothing. Sure hope it is up and running soon. This is my third fitbit but I am now questioning my decision.

Ok so just tried it again and it is working, fingers crossed it keeps working

Best Answer
0 Votes

12 days now that my iPhone app just logs off for "security reasons."  Won't log back on for several hours. Desk top still not syncing. How much longer can they allow this to go on? It is painfully obvious Fitbit does not employ the best engineers. So, lets see if we can help them. What do all of us have in common? Mine is listed below...

Charge 2

iPhone 5

Macbook Air

My Fitness Pal

"Horton" Security

No problems at all until 9/5. I have had 3 Fitbits. The above has remained the same. They won't let me use the correct security name, but it rhymes with Horton...

Best Answer

Still unable to log into the 2.40 app. Just an error message. Still unable to sync on the desk top, says there is no internet connection. Fitbit has become completely useless. How are the sales of the new Ionic?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I powered off my iphone and restarted. Now the app works for me :-).

Mary Lou Toler
"We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do."
Best Answer
0 Votes

Most have tried powering off. See how it works in a couple of days. Not so good for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems not to be consistent. It affects some, but not all. My wife's iPad logs her off. Her iPhone 5 stays connected. My iPhone 5 logs off. My Mac mini has never logged me out.

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your continued input. I highly recommend restarting your mobile device as @mltoler mentioned if you haven't already. 

We continue you to work on this issue. I'll update this thread next week on the status. Thanks again for your continued patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have powered off the phone and reset the Charge 2 several times. No change. I have deleted and reloaded the app. No change. All other advice followed. Nothing. Why another week? Go back to the app before the problems...

Best Answer
0 Votes