Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542
I have restarted my iPad mini numerous times & it hasn't stopped the problem. It shouldn't take this long to fix a problem that wasn't existing until an update was done.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed to @LukeZhang. Feel cheated as you promise 2.40 will fix this but won't.

I don't know if Fitbit staff uses its own production or not. If they do, they must know how annoying this issue is. Fixing it should be the highest priority, no doubt. Version 2.40 will be great even if you don't provide any new feature but only fix this bug. But you didn't.

I'm a software engineer from China. I do know about App development. This bug is a disaster and should not wait for a regular release (like you did every month). The hotfix should be released immediately. From my side, the only explanation is that iOS users are not necessary for you!

Because I use Fitbit from China App store, I at first think it was caused by local Chinese dev team. I saw the US version had 3 stars in App store (vs. 1 star in China App store), so may not have this critical bug. But I was wrong. Just would like you to know how Chinese users are frustrated about this.

Anyway, who will be patient for this incredibly annoying bug for over a month if the band was not so expensive?

微信图片_20170917101106.jpg

Best Answer

Back when I worked in the tech sector, we had to have to have a roll back version of the software we were updating, in case the new version didn't work as expected.

I have an iphone 7 with IOS 10.3.3

fitbit version 2.40 (714)

I have a Blaze, but I think the issue is with the app, not the Blaze. 

i've restarted both, the fitbit app on my iPhone is still doing the same thing. It will start to sync, then log off, and if I want to see my information, I am forced to log into the app. As my phone already has built-in security, I really don't see the need to have to login to the app every time I want to use it. 

BTW, did you know the apple 3 watch comes with a 2 year warranty, unless you buy the really expensive one, then it's a 3 year warranty? 

Best Answer

Have you fixed this problem yet? You probably have thousands of users with this problem. I have tried your suggestion in this thread dozens of times. Sometimes, I even added rebooting my Blaze.

The app also forgets my notifications settings, so every time it logs me off, after I log back on, I have to go to my app notifications settings, and the app suddenly remember I have 4 app notifications turned on.

But it forgets by the next time I should be getting a notification.

Your app has a problem. Fix it.

signed,

a former computer programmer.

Best Answer

Yep, this is still a very irritating (new, thanks for the "up-grade") problem. Very hard (for a non-programmer) to grasp why this can't be easily fixed.

How about instructions on how I can go back to the previous version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have version 2.40. I rebooted my phone. No luck. logs me right out. Since the app says it is logging me out for security reasons, this must be a change that was purposely implemented not understanding what a problem it would be. Looks like you have people working the new products. This is going to cost a LOT more in brand reputation than money saved by not throwing enough talent at the problem. Maybe you just don't really care that much for iOS users. Unfortunate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can’t you just roll out a older version of the app(which we used just fine before the new update ruins everything with the log-out problem) on the App Store for download before you fix the current problem once and for all?

Don’t migtigate the problem, fix it. 

Best Answer

I also recently updated to the new app and was then asked to log in but upon doing so I got an error message about my password being wrong even though this was the same login/pswd I have been using for 5+ years. Then, after trying to utilize the reset email link, I found that the link isn't working because the email never arrived; this was after numerous tries. This has been going on for about 5-6 days now, ever since I updated my app on my iphone and ipad. I have emailed and called fitbit twice and after a bunch of fancy foot work, I was finally told that it's a known issue, it's being addressed and that they have "no estimated date" for it to be fixed. I have worked in software development for 15+ years - this is the mark of some insanely sloppy work.

Best Answer

Me too. So annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the extra security because Ftibbit was hacked??  Is our data safe?  I don't see any other reason to alienate your customers by adding security levels that previously were not needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Using IOS 11, the problem persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated my app to v 2.40 on 9/13 and have been having to log in multiple times/day ever since. Very annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this? We're almost a month out from being told a fix is  coming. It seems like every time I want to use the Run or Walk features of my Blaze, I get the "Check FitBit App" message and -- of course -- have to login again. Between that and other issues that seem to be common lately -- missed app notifications and activity tracking stopping for seemingly no reason -- I'm really beginning to look at other products. I've been a FitBit fan for several years and was considering the new Ionic, but I've pretty disappointed in FitBit lately.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Everyone, Our team is still working on a fix for all, while I don't have a timeline to share, this is a top priority. I will continue to update this thread. I understand this is a pain and truly appreciate your patience. 

@Vermenergy rest assured your data is safe and this is not due to any security breach. You can read more about account security here

@Catey unfortunately, we are not able to roll back this update at this time. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry. I gave up. I deleted the app and now I have an expensive watch that shows my heart rate. I will probably be mailing the Aria scale back to you also as it was a mess too. 

Best Answer

I am still having the issue with latest app (21-Sep-2017). It is not only annoying to log on every time. It costs Fitbit’s main features. I am no longer warned when calls or new messges come in. Please help to fix ASAP. 

iphone7

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just applied the 9.22 update they deployed annnnnnnd it did not fix my issue. It's been over a week - I am so tired of dealing with this issue and being told something different every I email or call fitbit. I've been a loyal fitbit owner for 5+ years but I'm considering moving onto another vendor at this point.

Best Answer

Some additional observations that may help identify and solve the problem:

The Bluetooth connection seems to weaken over just a few hours (several times each day). Restarting the app restrengthens that connection.

Several months ago, when I started an exercise session on my bike, after my Blaze tries to connect to my iPad, I was often getting a “Check Fitbit App” message that alerted me that I needed to restart the app, after which the watch would connect just fine.

Lately, what happens is that the watch connects, giving the “Let’s Go” message, but the connection icon is red and shows one bar. When this happens, the watch cannot get GPS tracking information from the iPad (speed shows constant 0). If I restart the app and the exercise session, the icon is green, and everything works fine.

A second  apparent result of the connection issue is that the batteries on both my Blaze and Flex run down much faster now than before. They are likely wasting a lot of battery trying to reestablish a connection than cannot be fully reestablished unless the app is restarted.

A third apparent result of the connection issue is that I have stopped receiving ALL app notifications on my watch. When I go to the app settings for the Blaze, I notice that my app notifications have gone to “0”. Selecting that item brings up the app list, on which the 4 apps from which I want notifications are still green. Returning to the previous screen, app notifications once again shows 4, until the next time the connection fades out. Despite the apparent correction of the problem within the app, I still am not receiving any notifications on my watch AT ALL.

Could the inability of the app and the device to maintain a good Bluetooth connection be causing the app to log out?

Please respond to let me know if this information helps find the root cause or just turns out to be an unrelated issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

eye95  You might have a separate issue. I haven't had any problems with connection - just logging out. If you restart the app, does it ask you to log in? Mine never did until this issue came up with the app updates. Even now, once I log in, I can exit the app and come back without having to repeat the log in until the random period of time logs me out. 

Best Answer

UPDATE - It has been 48 hours without any problems. No logouts, syncs to my desktop. I have not changed anything anything since 9/5 when this started. Lets hope the problem is fixed. Also, I complained on the Fitbit FaceBook page. They saw that I followed all procedures to correct the problem. Fitbit has sent me a new replacement Charge 2. I will get it set up soon and see if it works. Good luck everyone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes