Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

I have the logout problem. This retired professional is trying to give the young bucks an idea what might be a contributing factor.

So, shoo, I wasn’t talking to you.

Best Answer

I can see why you are retired. Not sure about professional. No need to be rude. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

[I noticed that someone else inserted himself into the discussion. My previous post was addressed to the person who directly addressed me. He was] causing anyone who read [HIS] post to think that MY post wasn’t related to the logout problem (it is), which could then result in the insight I provided being ignored.

THAT is rude.

So, [to the person who inserted himself in the posts between us], mind your own business.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged in again and it seems to be holding. My wife's iPad also. I had removed the app; then reinstalled it. I will keep you updated. So the software bug may have been removed. Please don't do that again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still experience the issue with latest version 2.40.1

Best Answer

Again disappointed. Another version another failure. Still have to log in now appears every time. 

Best Answer

Sadly things with version 2.4 are WORSE not better... Bluetooth is erratic and won't pair or won't sync... Sometimes i can finagle it to work by removing both devices (charge 2 and one) from either my ipad or iphone and trying to connect on the other, turning off bluetooth on one device and trying to repair on the other, etc., etc. Still logs me out, won't sync, or won't find the bluetooth/loses the bluetooth connection.  I have never had a device so unrealiable.

This is my third posting on the matter over the past month and in each I've tried to be patient.  However, this has been going on for so long that I can't blame those leaving in droves to other devices. I am on my third purchased fitbit device and have worked out/logged every day for more than three years--so any decision to go elsewhere is not one I make lightly. This is not a novelty or toy for me... It is how I manage my health!

Please FITBIT.  No more vague comments that "you are working on it and appreciate our patience".  Tell us WHY you can't roll the app back to the version preceding 2.39, which worked just fine--at least it appears for most of us. Tell us WHAT you are doing to fix this and if you expect continued patience, tell us why it is so difficult.  Tell us if there is something we can do to help. Tell us the REAL prognosis for fixing. Please!  Just TELL US!

Best Answer

The logging out issue resolved when I uninstalled the app. Then reinstalled it. I am running iOS 11 on an iPhone. So is my wife. Your mileage may vary. Also I got almost instant response when posting on their FB page. Not so much here.

Best Answer

Hello Everyone

We have been chatting, in a really dysfunctional way, and it has been great having total strangers who were sympathetic and supportive.  Thank you for your replies!!  Fitbit hmmmmm.  Not so helpful.  I am linked to a couple of these chats and probably get 10 to 20 emails a day!

This will be my last 😞

This has not gotten the results from Fitbit that I thought it would.  After sending this I will block the emails and move on.  Good Luck to everyone.  I will always remember my Fitbit as the best fitness tracker ever - until it wasn't 😞  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem initially about a month ago, but I haven't had it since.

I logged out once and had to re-login. 

It hasn't happened again, I am on the iPhone 5s currently.

Wonder why it's so intermittent. As a developer myself it intrigues me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My IOS just updated and logged me out and not can not log back in. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it with the same error 

IOS 11.0.1

IPhone 6S

Fit Bit App 2.40.1

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

At this moment if you're still unable to log in to the Fitbit app (v. 2.40.1), please try the following:

• Turn off WiFi on your phone, try to log in using your data. Once log in turn on WiFi again.
  • Turn off Bluetooth while trying to log in to the app. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. If I have more information to share with you I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly and if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does wifi cause issues then?

Might that be why I sometimes have trouble getting my Charge 2 to connect to my phone when starting a bike ride?

Best Answer
0 Votes
This worked! Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having issues on the iPad Air, and iPhone 6s. Did not have this issue when "testing" iOS 11. This started when the gold master was released to the testers (and then the world). Very frustrating ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

what i do not understand is why I cannot log in with FB anymore?!! that is how i originally did why is there not an option to sign in with FB like on the webiste? if that can happen then there would be not problem!

Best Answer

I followed the steps provided and I am still unable to open the app. What else can be done to correct this issue? I am unable to log into the App. 

Best Answer
Its still crashing and closing

Amy Paccio
Best Answer
0 Votes

My app logged out on 9/5 and took about 2 weeks before it started logging in again. Fitbit Connect (desktop) then started working again. This lasted about a week and now the app keeps logging out and nothing will sync to the desktop, claiming no internet connection. Getting very frustrated. Time to research Garmin if Fitbit can't get their game on... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all your suggestions and still have to log in several times a day.  It doesn't work no matter what.  I think the post have slowed because we all have given up.  Sad for Fitbit as they have lost another customer.

Best Answer
0 Votes