Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App version 2.39+ keeps logging out

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update: 1/31/2018: After several mitigating fixes, this issue has been resolved in the recent update 2.45. Please update your app if you are experiencing this. We know there were a few that continued to experience this issue, thank you for you for your reports and patience. We will be closing this thread for further comments. If you are still being logged out after updating your app, please start a new thread and we will open a new investigation.

Fitbit update: 12/19/2017: Hi Everyone, with the release of iOS app version 2.44.1, the log-in issues have been addressed. Please update your app. If you are still experiencing this issue after the update, please let me know how often this is occurring and if you are seeing any other error message and I will review with our team. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: It appears that some users on 2.43 are still experiencing having to log in continuously. Our team has been alerted and I'll continue to update this thread. 

Fitbit update: 11/21/2017: This issue is currently resolved. If you are still having to log in multiple times, please ensure you have updated your app to version 2.43.

Fitbit update 11/15/2017: Hi Everyone - there have been some mitigating fixes, but the issue does not appear to be entirely resolved at this time and our team is still working on this. Thanks again for your patience, we know this has been an ongoing issue and hope to have it fully resolved soon. 

Fitbit update 10/31/2017: Our team continues to work on the issue of users being logged out of their app. While there have been some mitigating fixes in previous updates, we are aware that this issue is not resolved for all. I will continue to update thread. Thanks very much for your patience.  

Fitbit update 9/30/2017: some mitigating issues have been resolved in the latest update, however, we are aware the issue has not been resolved for all. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Fitbit update 9/12/2017: Our engineers have implemented some mitigating fixes that should help some with this issue in version 2.40, however, some people may still be experiencing this and our team is continuing to review. We truly appreciate your patience. 

Fitbit Update 8/24/2017: Hi Everyone - Thanks again for reporting this issue. Our team is still reviewing. I'll be updating this thread once we learn more, your patience is truly appreciated. 

Hi everyone! Thanks for reporting this login issue with the last iOS update version 2.39. I have brought this up to our team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we work on a fix.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
542 REPLIES 542

I couldn't stay logged in for weeks with the iPhone. Neither could my wife. On the other hand her iPad did fine. When I deleted the app from the phone for a few days. Then reinstalled the newest version of the app. No logging out for a week. Also upgraded to iOS 11. Not sure what is going on. They need to improve the reliability - the issue seems random. I got a lot quicker response when I posted on their FB page.

Best Answer

For the last few weeks I’m having to log in all the time with the latest version of the app - very very annoying! I’ve been using Fitbit for three and a half years now and never had this issue before, can you please please fix it so I can stay signed in?

Best Answer

I’m still getting logged out in 2.40.1. It’s really annoying when trying to use the app to log food. 

Best Answer

Has this problem been fixed yet? It irritates the fire out of me to have to log in several times a day, which I never had to do before August-ish 2017. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

my fitbit seems to be working ok since I did the 2 new iOS 11 updates. My problem was I had to log in EVERY SINGLE TIME I went into the app “due to security reasons”. This issue now seems to be resolved. For the meantime anyway. 

I have iPhone 5s

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

At this moment if you're still unable to log in to the Fitbit app (v. 2.40.1), please try the following:

• Turn off WiFi on your phone, try to log in using your data. Once log in turn on WiFi again.
  • Turn off Bluetooth while trying to log in to the app. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. If I have more information to share with you I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly and if there's anything else I can help you with, please feel free to reply. 

I tried your fix. Almost concurrently, Fitbit updated the app to version 2.41. I don’t know if it was your fix or the update or both, but this morning, I did not have to log in. Also, my Blaze has maintained conecctivity for exercise purposes.

I’ll let you know if the battery issue is also resolved.

I still suspect all three problems are linked and that all three were connectivity issues.

It’s too soon to say the problem is resolved, but things are looking good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KaraLee and @eye95, thanks for letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@MazAz and @dougcornelius, have you updated the Fitbit app to the latest version (2.41)? If so, please restart your phone and try these steps once again:

• Turn off WiFi on your phone, try to log in using your data. Once log in turn on WiFi again.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Still getting the "please check that your email and password are correct" error despite updating and trying without wifi etc. It's been more than a month and still no fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does not work! Please fix. This is ridiculous.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pleas fix the logging on everyday. This is crazy. No button to even select remember me. Month now this is painful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Minicooper61 and @Foosh, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you around @carlywSmiley Happy

@Foosh are you able to log in to the online Dashboard? If so, my best recommendation would be going to your personal settings and change the password through there. You can even change the email associated to the account if you like, then use the new email+password combination to log in to the Fitbit app. 

@carlyw, which error message are you getting? would it be possible for you to reply to me with a screenshot of the error you're getting? That will be very helpful for me to continue assisting you and check this further.

@Minicooper61 have you updated the Fitbit app recently? Are you still required to log in to the app every time even after the update? If so, please uninstall and reinstall the app making sure to sync your tracker before uninstalling it to avoid losing any information. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and reply to me in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

@KaraLee and @eye95, thanks for letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

@MazAz and @dougcornelius, have you updated the Fitbit app to the latest version (2.41)? If so, please restart your phone and try these steps once again:

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

I posted this already, but the post disappeared.

I spoke too soon. My problems are NOT fixed. I had to log on yesterday morning and again yesterday afternoon. I am still having to reestablish connection to start exercise. Batteries are still running down fast (a possible indication of many attempts to reconnect). Notifications to the watch still not working AT ALL.

I remain convinced that the underlying problem is connectivity issues. My problems started during a camping trip when I went several days without either Wi-Fi or LTE.

You need to FIX THIS!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit Thanks for your help on this thread, it's appreciated! 

Please note, in 2.41 we have done a few things which should mitigate the primary issue while we continue to work on this. Please update your app if you haven't already done so. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was happening months ago and then seemed to be resolved. Now the issue is back again. I’m also having days where the sleep cycles are not registering again. My app and iPhone OS are up to date. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I followed all suggestions including removing my Charge 2 and reinstalling. Now it will not install, saying there is an error. Now I have a wrist band that still tracks but is not recognized by the app or Fitbit Connect. As long as I look at the display before midnight I can see what I did for the day. Useless. Bluetooth on, off. Phone powered off, on. Charge 2 reset and removed. All apps up to date. Phone updated. What kind of circus is this? Obviously unable to sync. Fitbit has no respect for it's customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I should have added the Charge 2 would not even accept the update. Such a waste. Fool me once...

Best Answer
0 Votes

i can no longer sign in with FB when i try to log in it states username or PW is inncorrect. if i create a new account i lose off of my  contacts. why can we no longer log in with FB???

Best Answer

Hello. I'm on v2.41 on an iPhone 6+ with iOS 11.0.1 and I'm having the same issue of the app not keeping me logged in. Seems like it just started a few days ago, after I updated to 2.41.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine logged me out yesterday. It wouldn't do the password reset. I clicked Join again and now I am logged in but only have partial functionality and have lost all my friends, challenges, etc. However, I can see the notifications where I've met my step goals for the last several weeks. Part of my info is available and part is not.

Best Answer

I can login to the fitbit website with facebook but on the iPhone i have to use a username and password, but it does work. Could this be your problem as well?

Best Answer