Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Will Not Pair with iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got brand new Charge 2. It just won't pair with my phone. It will pair with my iPad, which is useless because I don't carry the iPad for tracking exercise. I'm ready to return it. Any suggestions. I tried EVERYTHING suggested on the website.
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you around @rmgitzlaff, I hope you're doing well.  I noticed @Kmransom123 provided you an excellent recommendation for your situation; if it was helpful to you I invite you to mark the post as an accepted solution to show your support and let other members know about it. If you need further assistance, please let me know, I'll be happy to help!

Happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

@rmgitzlaff  Make sure you remove the Charge 2 from your Ipad's bluetooth before trying to pair it with your Iphone.  (They can only be bonded to one device at a time)

Hope that may help~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around @rmgitzlaff, I hope you're doing well.  I noticed @Kmransom123 provided you an excellent recommendation for your situation; if it was helpful to you I invite you to mark the post as an accepted solution to show your support and let other members know about it. If you need further assistance, please let me know, I'll be happy to help!

Happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have an ASUS mobile phone...will not pair with my Fibit Charge 2.....why not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JOELAUDI, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

In this case I would like to suggest checking our list of compatible devices to verify if your phone is compatible with the Fitbit app first. If it is, please restart your tracker and your phone and try to set it up once again.

Give it a try and keep me posted if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also not able to pair my Fitbit Charge 2 with my iPhone 7 plus. I tried this solution and it will still not work?  Help!

Best Answer

Hello @Skyjokona, thanks for joining us, it's great to see you around. Smiley Happy

If you have already restarted your Charge 2, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Plug in your tracker and make sure it's charging.
  4. Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the process.
  5. Set up your tracker as a new device:
    • Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account tab at the bottom of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
    • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
    • When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Give it a try and if this doesn't seem to work, my best recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know the steps you've performed so far, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

I hope this can be helpful, in case you need anything else feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Finally, thank you, the answer to my frustration at not being able to pair....'They can only be bonded to one device at a time'. Disconnected the bluetooth link to my old phone and finally, now, I can pair it with my new phone!!!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got the Charge 2 to sync with my Iphone again.  The comment that it can be paired with only one device was the key.  I unpaired it with my IPad.  Then restarted the Charge 2.  It then paired once again with my Iphone.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sharris21 and @atc182, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to see new faces around! Smiley Happy

I'm glad that your issue has now been resolved.  If you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super, 

I followed step by step instructions and my tracker and iPhone seems to be paired:-)

great

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pantarhei, thanks for joining the conversation and the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear your issue has now been resolved by following the steps in my previous post. If there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to reply, I'll be happy to help and in case you'd like to get to know more about the Community and get tips for a healthy lifestyle, I would like to recommend you to check our Discussions board where you can find many people willing to help you with your fitness and wellness goals!

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I have still one not resolved question about activation of GPS.
Whenever I choose excercise and walk I get an answer, that the GPS will not be turned on?
Best, Rado

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pantarhei, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

If you haven't already done so, please check the following three GPS-related settings on your iOS device:

1. Make sure your device can track your activity when you're out of wi-fi range. To do so, tap Settings > Cellular and make sure Cellular Data is on.
2. Make sure the app can track GPS when your device is locked. To do so, tap Settings > General > Background App Refresh and make sure it's on for both the phone and Fitbit specifically.
3. Make sure your device is able to identify your location. To do so, tap Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure it's on for both the phone and Fitbit specifically.

I hope this can be helpful, if after checking this you're still getting the same message, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue helping you. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The problem of pairing is solved:-)

But I'm still in the dark regarding the use of GPS on my charger.

I don't really undestand what is the procedure to activate it, because

1.  If I start an exercise with my tracker and I have also my iPhone with me- ready for syncronization- on the end of exercise(walking) there is no map on my iPhone.

2. If I start an exercise on my Iphone without activating exercise with tracker, on the end there is a map on my iPhone

3. If I start an exercise both on my tracker and on my iPhone then I get a map on my iphone.

My question is, what for I need GPS on tracker if I don' see the map without acivating the exercise also on my IPhone and why the result is the same in case  of procedures 2. and 3.?

Did I miss something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pantarhei, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

Your Charge 2 has connected GPS, what this means is that in order for the tracker to trace a map when you select a GPS exercise such as walk, run or hike. Please keep in mind that all GPS devices, whether your phone or your tracker connected to your phone, require a direct path to these satellites in order to receive their radio transmissions. If the signal is being blocked—either because you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects—GPS will not work.

Once you select an exercise on your Charge 2, it will need to find the GPS signal first before it can start tracing a path. Check the following screens to know when your tracker has connected well:

GPSCharge2.PNG

Now, when you use only your phone and MobileRun to record your exercise, your phone is the one using its integrated GPS which means the path will be more accurate and it's harder for a phone to lose a GPS signal.

Finally, I do not recommend starting a GPS activity on your tracker and your phone at the same time because they will rewrite themselves causing data to be lost during the syncing process as 2 different devices are tracking the same activity at the same time.

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know, I'll be happy to help. Robot Happy 

Best Answer

Hi MarcoG,

Thanks for a prompt reply.

You are very helpfull (magician), I checked today again the screen you suggested and I've got the first time such a screen, never before appeared a phone icon in the first row.

I'll tray to use in this way the tracker later today or tomorrow morning (now is too hot- 33 degrees C:-)) and I'll let you know the findings.

Have a nice day,

Rado

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
It's working properly, I tested one short track with activation of tracker and the map came out:-).
Ok also about your recommendation not to activate both i.e. the tracker and the phone. I did this because I searched the proper way of activation of GPS. Now I'll activate or tracker or phone depending of gps signal.
I connected Fitbit app also with Strava, synchronization works perfect:-)
Thanks for your help and have I nice day, now I know the right address in case of potential troubles in the future.
Best, Rado

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pantarhei, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're the best! worked for me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes