Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

Kaisercat, yes, did all that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good evening, you may recall after trying to troubleshoot the syncing issue with my new charge 3 it didn't work, I returned it to the store and swapped it for a new one. Annoying my new charge 3 has syncing issues too 😔 it does sync ventually but I need to "pull to sync" approximately 8 / 9 times before it syncs, or I come back to it later on. Originally thought it was my home Wi-Fi but it had happened using other Wi-Fi connections and my own 3 / 4G connection. This is a current problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would say it was a network issue but since you tried syncing using another network I am baffled. Did you re-d/l the Fitbit app while using the other network?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to give it a day or two longer before I delete or reset 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello 

ive tried all of this. Resetting both my phone and device several times. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times. Letting both devices fully die, the fully charge and trying again. Nothing. My charge 3 won’t appear in my Bluetooth devices on my iPhone 8+ and I can’t get it to sync. When trying the “add a new device” it’ll get to the point of locating the Charge 3 and the 4 digit number showing up on the Fitbit but then after typing the number into the app it just sits there and won’t go any farther. I’ve only had this device for a little under two months and have had so many problems with it already. Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same. The product seems to have big design or build quality problems. I took mine back and got a refund.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

still having sync issues, have tried all suggestions, only downloaded app on 26th Dec 2018. !!!!

smart phone is Noki 5

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had my iPad paired to C3 and when trying to pair with iPhone 8+, same problem as you. Would enter 4 digit code but would not pair. My fix was to un-pair iPad device in its settings.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 has never been able to Sync all day or receive texts. I have tried these instructions and the steps in a more recent post from you. No luck. Now my Fitbit does not show up in Bluetooth on my iPhone either. I can get as far as setting up pairing and it just keeps trying. What else can I do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. I would like to point out some things that will be helpful for you:

1. Your Fitbit device will not sync nor pair through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone, only through the Fitbit app, if you see it on the Bluetooth Settings of your phone as a device to be paired and you tap on it to "pair" it, nothing will happen.
  2. Deleting the Fitbit app on your phone will not delete all the information from your account. This information gets stored in our servers and not on your phone.
  3. Your Fitbit device can store up to 7 days of detailed information, meaning that if you haven't synced in less than 7 days, once you sync it, the information will still show up in the app. 

With that said, I would like to gather some information from those of you who are still having trouble with your Charge 3 so we can check this further:

• iPhone model you're using. 
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Charge 3 version (go to Account > Charge 3 to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply. I played with this yesterday for two hours with no success. In fact at one point I could no longer use “Sync Now”. At that point, I decided that receiving text messages on my Charge 2 and having all day sync was not that important. Interesting, though, when I moved the phone to a different location in the house and went on with my day, sync now reappeared. Could it be a poor service situation? We do not have strong signal here.

I am using an iPhone 8Plus on a Charge 2 Fitbit that I have had for two years. Phone is updated to iOS 12.1.1. Yesterday I deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit App, Stopped and restarted Fitbit twice, doubled checked that notifications were activated on both devices and double checked that the App was no longer on my previous phone that my husband is now using.

I do enjoy my Fitbit and the motivation it provides me to keep active and get enough sleep. If you can suggest anything else to try, I will; but I am still very happy with my Fitbit. The notifications work for everything else which is what matters most.

Thank you and Have a wonderful 2019!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
I have an IPhone 8+, running IOS 12.1.2, version of the app Fitbit 2.84, and I have the Charge 3. I was trying to download the update for my charge 3 that the app said that it had and it would never download the update. In trying to fix it to get it to instal my husband unsynced my charge 3 from the app and it won’t sync again. Please help!

~Yuki~
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this and there is no update available. Still having the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not a tech person

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Neither am I. You don’t have to be a tech person to troubleshoot. If you are using an iPhone I might be of help troubleshooting

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a relatively expensive consumer product. It should “just work”. 

Best Answer

This worked to sync my steps, etc. from today.  But not from yesterday. I've tried re-syncing 3 times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting us know some of you are still having issues syncing your Charge 3. Thanks to those who have come back and let us know your issue has been resolved. 

If you're still having trouble syncing and you have tried all the troubleshooting steps on this thread, please reply to us with the iPhone model you're using, OS version running on your phone and App version installed on your phone. This will be very helpful for us to determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit synced both days after a few hours.

Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been silent on this up to now but I have just started having problems syncing my Charge 3.  It's about 2 months old and only since the last firmware update a week ago it has failed to sync.  (Prior to that it was slow and occasionally took a couple of times but it eventually always worked.)   I'd be happy going back to the previous firmware - but of course without syncing I suppose that cannot be done!!   I've tried all the suggested steps except wiping the device for current info.

Charge3  Version 28.200001.49.45  Model FB409

Android Nexus 7 with V 6.0.1

R

Best Answer
0 Votes