Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

Having issues also, had my fitbit 2 weeks, it just randomly stopped syncing with my S8, all software upto date. Had to delete the fitbit app, The bluetooth then couldn't find the charge 3, found all my neighbours devices no problem, found my tv, tablet everything, just not the fitbit. Found my receipt to take the fitbit back for a refund and it randomly worked again. Fitbit need to sort this out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SueMar24, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience with your Fitbit device. I'm glad it's working now. In the future, if you need further assistance,  I would like to suggest you check our Android App Board for more information about this issue affecting your specific phone.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues. I even removed the device and tried to re-add it. It won't connect. I have logged more hours trying to get this junk to work when I could have been exercising. I have far cheaper trackers that never have any issues syncing andI never have me needing to restart my bluetooth or unpairing other devices nearby. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 still isn't syncing after following the recommended fix. I have reinstall the application, restarted the Fitbit charge itself and reconnected in as a new device replacing it. My charge 3 still will not sync...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Barders and @eraser81112, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread. 

@Barders, at this moment I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this further and determine what we should do next, please reply with as much information as you can:

1. iPhone model you're using.
  2. iOS version running on your phone
  3. App Version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

@eraser81112, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same issues; followed all the instructions but no progress...
Using the app on iPhone 8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all these steps, three different phones and tablets but still no joy.

If I try step 8.I will lose all my history as Charge 3 has failed to sync since Nov 25th.

HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I had other devices ( other Fitbit’s I’ve owned) were still connected to my phone wouldn’t they show up on my Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those cannot pair / sync, best to get Firmware update for Charge 3   

I tried mine and finally it can be paired with Samsung S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply and advice. I took my charge 3 back to the shop I purchased it from and got a new one. My new charge 3 is syncing, although I lost all my history and tonight I was forced to repair my charge 3 to the app! When I opened the app it showed the first screen as if I just downloaded the app for the first time. I put it down to Fitbit releasing a softwsof update to fix the bug that I assume they have with the charge 3. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your post was helpful. My new Charge 3 lost connection over night when an update became available. All is good now, thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
When and how did you get an update? I never got that ability. And Fitbit service just said I’d have to wait and be patient. Oh No not this time
I requested a new C3 from Amazon and they gladly agreed to send a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got notice of the update in the fitbit app.  I thought it worked the first day but it did not.  I'm back to the same crap.  I've been a fitbit user and fan for 5 years but now I'm getting disgusted with it.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me Too! It’s BS

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back and let us know that after updating the firmware on your Charge 3 it was able to sync. I'm very glad. 

For those who haven't updated the firmware on your Charge 3, please check this post with instructions and troubleshooting steps. If after performing a firmware update you're still having trouble syncing, please let us know. 

Finally, I understand some of you feel frustrated about this situation but please refrain from using foul language, let's keep things civil. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Learn how to troubleshoot before throwing in the towel.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hello @Kaisercat, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for coming back and keep our members encouraged, I really appreciate it! 

Happy stepping! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iPhone 6S wouldn't sync to my Fitbit Charge 3 but the software update worked for me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting, which software update and which version? The Fitbit app or iOS?

Thanks...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try erasing all data on your device and then trying again? That is the fix for many. I at times have syncing trouble on my cool looking Fitbit. Instead of complaining I just restart my iPhone. In the very beginning a few months ago I could not sync or update but that was due to my having 2 devices paired. I have asked many times for Fitbit to make the fonts larger or have a CLOCKFACE devoured to a particular stat such as steps which would be larger font.

Funny how some have returned their Fitbit 2 or 3 times and continue to have problems!

Good luck to you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes