Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698

This is happening all the time.  I cannot restart the phone several times, restart the Fitbit, restart the Bluetooth over and over again every time I want to sync.  It’s supposed to sync all day.  I cannot spend an hour trying to get the thing to sync.  A real solution I’d needed for this.  

I am considering returning the charge3 and going back to using my charge2

Best Answer

Hello @JoyceW, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve this issue. At this moment, I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this situation further, please reply with as much information as possible:

1. iPhone model you're currently using.
  2. OS version running on your phone. 
  3. App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  4. Charge 3 version (go to Account > Charge 3 to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit has firmware version 28.20001.44.33I have an android phone version 8.0.0 and an iPad that is not with me at the moment so I cannot verify the version.
The problem occurs at anytime but is easier to fix if I am not near any other connected bluetooth devices.  
It happens on the iPad and I have no devices, other than the charge 3 connected to that.  It happens on the Android phone even when I am away from home and not connected to other devices.  
Sometimes restarting the bluetooth will work but not usually.  Restarting the phone works more often but not al lm the time. Restarting the Fitbit works occasionally but is the least likely to work.  
I've found that restarting the phone when I'm not in the vicinity of other bluetooth devices is the most likely way to get the sync working but not 100% 
None of these options are practical especially when I often have to try them a few times.

Joyce
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only 1 device should be paired.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn't matter if I have it paired to the phone, iPad or both.  The problem remains.  I only tried the iPad because it wasn't syncing with the phone.  There are bluetooth problems with the charge 3.  Besides not syncing, I often loose notifications.   These are features that are advertised and I expect from this device.  
Best Answer
I had problems syncing only when I had both my iPhone and iPad paired at the same time. Just be sure you have removed your device from all Bluetooth settings. Then pair again on only 1 device.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

That has been done many times.  Many people are complaining about the same thing.  It is only paired to one the phone now and I'm not even in the same state as the iPad and it will not pair.  I've restarted the phone twice.    This is a bluetooth problem with the charge 3.  
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

UPDATE:

I've been wearing fitbits for over 5 years and never had these problems before.  I'm very dissatisfied with the charge 3. 

Best Answer
I was dissatisfied for the first couple of days. Unpaired my iPad and then re-paired my iPhone. Things working good now. Occasionally can’t sync due to some connection error. I fix that my restarting iPhone. This is probably a firmware update fix. I am satisfied with my CHARGE 3!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JoyceW and @Kaisercat, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back. Smiley Happy

@JoyceW, please note that as @Kaisercat mentioned, your Charge 3 should be connected to only 1 device, that means that your Charge 3 can sync with your Android phone and your iPad but will establish a Bluetooth connection with 1 of them. If your Charge 3 has established a Bluetooth connection with your iPad, you will receive Notifications from the iPad when in range and your Android phone might not send them to the tracker. 

At this moment, I would like to suggest to you go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and iPad, check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device on both devices. After that, restart the Charge 3 and pair it again as a new device on your primary mobile device;

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

When you want to sync with the other mobile device, turn off the Bluetooth on your primary one. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep us posted. 

Best Answer
If you read my posts you will see that I have tried all of that.   The fitbit is currently only paired to my phone and the iPad is not even in the same state as I am.  Yet the Fitbit hasn't been able to sync for over 2 hours. 
Look at all the posts on here.  This is a bluetooth problem with the fitbit.  Restarting the phone over and over again is not a solution.   
I'm going to have to return the fitbit if this is the best answer you can give me.  
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hello @JoyceW, I hope you're doing well, thanks for letting us know you've already tried the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. Smiley Happy

At this moment, I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this situation further, please reply with as much information as you can:

• iPhone model you're using. 
  • OS version running on your phone
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Charge 3 version (go to Account > Charge 3 to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have already supplied all of that information.   Please check the previous post.  
Best Answer

Hello @JoyceW, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back. 

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new fitbit charge 3 suddenly stopped synching to my iPad.  It also will not synch to my iPhone.  The iPad is older, the iPhone is much more recent.  All I can find on your support web-sites are about restarting devices, logging out and back into your app, turning off and back on Bluetooth... etc.  .....  none of that works.  Fitbit needs to fix the app.

Best Answer

I had the same problem. First of all you can pair with only 1 device. I had it paired to both iPad and iPhone 8+.

I went to Bluetooth settings on both devices and and removed the Charge 3. Then I paired again only to the iPhone and things work great now!

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @C_exercise, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @Kaisercat, again, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@C_exercise, I appreciate you've taken the time to share your experience with the Charge 3. Please note that your Charge 3 will establish a Bluetooth connection with one of your devices, which might make the other device have trouble syncing. At this moment, as @Kaisercat mentioned, please go to the Bluetooth Settings on both device and remove the Charge 3 from the list of paired devices, then go to the Fitbit app on your phone and enable Notifications or All-day Sync. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if you need anything else, don't hesitate to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, regarding this sync issue with may Android phone (fully update to date, etc, etc) I've joined the ranks of disappointed Charge 3 users.This problem should not be marked as "Resolved". Though the effort is appreciated, this solution is a cumbersome workaround at best, not a fix. Interestingly, I do not have the problem at all with my Huawei Mediapad 5...no issues syncing. I will try my Surface Pro tonight and if that works, then I will keep the Charge 3. If not, then I will return for a refund (thanks Amazon). 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That could be your problem, you have more than 1 device paired!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good suggestion, but only one of the two had Bluetooth enabled at the time. This does make me wonder if my Hauwei phone is not compatible, as it is not on the compatibility list, but neither is the M5 tab. I've got until end of January. Then I will return if no fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board, it's nice to see you too @Kaisercat, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with your Android phone. As mentioned earlier, this board is dedicated to iOS devices. Please note that both operating systems work differently and we can't assume that when an issue gets resolved on one of them, will be automatically be resolved on the other, that's why I would like to suggest you check our Android App Board for more information about this issue affecting your specific phone. 

As mentioned earlier too, when a thread is marked as resolved is because a member of the Community has marked it as resolved because they have found the instructions helpful and the issue has been resolved on their side. 

Thanks for keeping our Forums organized, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes