Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698
Ya I think something may be going wrong. Since this latest update, there are times the Fitbit won’t sync. I try again an hour later and it does sync!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

It is now more than just not able to sync and I have tried all the suggestions several times and now the time is off by about 30 minutes. Then I could not even remove it to try to start again. I have gone back to my Alta and it is working fine. I am going to try to return it and get a new one but from the sounds of it that may not help. It was a Christmas present and what I wanted. I just want it to work! Very frustrating especially since apparently many others are having issues as well.

Best Answer

Try turning your WiFi off and do it the sync via mobile data. It's fixed for me

App seems to hate WiFi for some reason

Best Answer

This did the trick for me. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. 

I appreciate you have kept us updated about this situation and have provided your feedback about it. I would like to thank those of you who have let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad.

At this moment I have gathered all your information and forwarded it to our development team so they can check this further. Once we have more information to share with you about this issue, we'll make sure post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a nice day.  

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My C3 did not sync last night. The blue bar would go from left to right but steps were not shown. I did a complete shutdown on iPhone 8+. Still would not sync (this had always worked before when there were syncing problems). Didn’t bother to check Bluetooth settings. Went to bed. Next morning opened up Fitbit app and blue bar completed and yesterday’s total was there!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

If it doesn't sync again, try doing it with WiFi off and mobile data on 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Charge 3 for Christmas. The device itself seems to be working fine and so are the others that the rest of the members of my family received. However I am constantly having issues when I try to sync it. 

I have an iPhone. I have removed my old Fitbit from the list of devices, I’ve made sure the app has been updated. I have restarted and rebooted the app, my phone and my Fitbit. I have also tried to sync it to my windows laptop. (I turned Bluetooth off on my computer when trying to sync to my phone and vice versa). I know it is syncing at some point in time because it will say on my phone I have a small portion of the steps that my Fitbit has recorded. However, that doesn’t do me any good for what my family is trying to use them for. 

Do you have any suggestions beyond what has already been said? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of the suggestions weeks ago, and I tried it again after updating the app. Nothing works. It seems to be connected to the app because it claims to be syncing, but I still need to update the tracker and it has the same Bluetooth error when I try to update the Charge 3. I’m beyond frustrated. Running up against my 30 days to get a refund from Amazon. I need this thing to work. Come up with a real solution Fitbit!

Best Answer
I am haing the exact same issues and no matter what I try the C3 only syncs once and goes back to the same problem. I am using android.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Marco 

tech support over 3 weeks ago removed my fitbit from my tracker and I STILL can't get it to even pair with my s9+ ... I am beyond frustrated, they said they have an issue and it's been over 3 weeks since it's been reported and they tell me it's widespread. I have cleared the data from the device, and tried to repair and nothing. I have removed the app from my phone and reinstalled it. I have gotten to the pin screen once and put the pin in that shows on the device and then it says searching and it never sync.s I have had this device since Oct when they came out but it's not been syncing for about 3 weeks before I reported it in Mid Dec-(unfortunately I didn't realize it wasn't syncing)  The tech tried his best I think but i'm stuck. do you have any ideas at all? 

Best Answer

I got my Charger 3 for Christmas too and it was working well until one day it stopped syncing. I got a new one today, exactly same fitbit and I synced it with my phone. I wanted to make sure it worked so I unloaded and tried to sync again, but it completely stopped. I reccomend to not bother getting a new one at all and switched to a different fitness. It has way to many syncing issues and it's a waste of time. I switched back to my Alta as well and it works perfectly fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try syncing without WiFi on and use mobile data

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree that would be a good solution

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 hasn't synced since November 27 and none of these suggestions or steps has helped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a hit or miss for me, at that point just get the money back and get a different tracker.

Best Answer

I had to have my cell phone right next to my fit bit to get it to charge, and that helped.  I have the Charge3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and provided your constant updates about this situation. In case you haven't done it yet, please update the Fitbit app as we have recently released a new version. Keep in mind that if you have other Bluetooth devices around, these might interfere when trying to sync. Additionally, you need a strong WiFi or celullar data signal for the Charge 3 (or any other tracker) to sync as well. 

Please note that this thread and board are dedicated to iOS devices only. If you have an Android phone, please refer to the Android board, where you can get more dedicated information about this OS. Thanks for keeping our boards organized. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you're doing well. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

How often are we expected to do this. I have uninstalled app, reinstalled, logged out, restarted phone and device  3 plus times.  It works and syncs for a day then loses it again.  Getting intermittent notifications of text messages and when i turn off wrist wake up it lights up anyway all through the night. Only had it two weeks but my 20 pound device is more reliable

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marco, hello everyone. First, sorry that I post it here, because I have a Versa, not a Charge 3, but I've suffered a similar problem. I decided to write it here because this thread is "live" and the solution which you, Marco, have placed here in the second post is the same as the one you provided in he Versa topic:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Versa-won-t-sync/td-p/2650106

What I'd like to say is that I think you should add one more tip for users who suffer problems with inability to sync the device. I'd like to share my story – I bought my Versa almost a month ago and it worked great for almost 3 weeks. Then, suddenly, it stopped synchronizing with my iPhone. The data were still being collected by my watch but it was impossible to send then to the app. I've tried ALL the tips from this forum and took ALL steps from "accepted solutions". But sadly it gave me nothing. I was completely disappointed and sad because I loved my Fitbit in the first sight and really appreciated its awesome functions (especially sleep analysis). I've kept on reseting the device, Bluetooth, even my iPhone for 3 days, but still it didn't work at all. I had even already decided to gave my Fitbit back to the shop and get a refund. I was so upset. And then my fiancé hit on an idea: "Let's try to reset our WI-FI!". And guess what. IT HELPED. Within a minute my watch synced back with the app. I was so happy and glad I could keep my Versa. But I also had a feeling that I could have saved 3 days if only I could read it earlier on this forum. NOBODY in the internet has written to try reseting the WI-FI router instead of the Bluetooth, a watch or a phone. Nobody. And I'm still reading that people keep on returning their Fitbit watches to the shops because they felt helpless. 

That's why I think you should definitely add a sentence to your "accepted solution" and mention that anyone who suffers from inability to sync the device should also try reseting the WI-FI router as well if the other tips don't help. I'm sure this will help many people who have similar problems whichI used to have.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes