Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with Fitbit app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The app cant find my fitbit charge 3, Already tried restarting app, restarting phone. Now I let my phone forget the device and read that storting “new” device was a suggestion, But then the app still canot find the device. I only got it for 1 day. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698
I was aware of the new update, and I downloaded it, but it changed nothing. I still get the same bluetooth error code. It still won’t update the tracker. It still does an “almost-pair” (best way to describe it — when I try to pair, it gives an error and says the operation couldn’t be completed, but then the tracker shows up in the app (but doesn’t show up on the Bluetooth list). It still won’t update. It still only shows the setup screen on the tracker itself. It still doesn’t work!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
How many times are you going to make excuses blaming other parties. I have updated app, tried wifi and data, tried turning off all day sync and upgraded software. It still doesn't sync when asked to do so.
I think it's time to look internally for the issue instead of continually sending customers 'how to fix' instructions that don't work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I was able to immediately re-connect my Charge 2, which I had my phone forget in an attempt to sync with the Charge 3. Clearly Fitbit is capable of making it work. They would apparently rather focus on sales instead of focusing on quality product development. I am disappointed, frustrated, and moving my conversation out of the community and instead onto social media. Maybe they will take better care of their customers when it’s been shared thousands of times.
Best Answer
I had to place my phone by the fit bit before it synced.  I want to find out how to check your sleep patterns and REM on the Charge 3?  ANyone know. 
Best Answer
0 Votes
No offense intended to anyone who has posted to this site/blog/comment area... whatever it is. I posted on a FITBIT ""support"" site, which offered NO ""support"". My wife took my Fitbit Charge 3 and my iPhone and worked on it for a few hours. It works now, but still not with my iPad--which I preferred to use to synch. Since then I haven't seen anything that helps to resolve the issue but I get 15 to 20 emails every day from other Fitbit customers trying to work through similar issues. I am not the FITBIT help desk. I will not ask my wife to retrace her steps. Fitbit makes all the money from their product, they aren't paying me to resolve issues with their product. When my Charge 3 stops working again and I suspect it will, I will put it in the trash and buy something else. Meanwhile... if there is anyone at Fitbit that is actually supporting their product(s)... please end this site/blog/comment area that started with C_exercise.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for providing your feedback about this situation. @JuloSBW, thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've performed in order to resolve this issue on your side, I'm sure they will be helpful. 

@SunsetRunner, which Bluetooth error are you getting? Could you please reply with a screenshot of the issue? 

@C_exercise, please note that if your device is syncing with one device but not with other, it's possible your device has established a Bluetooth connection with one specific device, which is preventing it from syncing with other devices, such as your iPad. To check this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then, turn off Bluetooth on your phoen and try to sync with your iPad. I understand you're receiving messages from other users but please note that we do not control the actions of the members of the Community, you can always have the option to select "Ignore" when they send you a direct message and to unsubscribe from this thread by clicking on the gear icon next to the thread title and click on "Unsubscribe". 

Thanks again for your patience, I have forwarded all your information to our team, once we have updates from them, we'll post it here in the official Forums. Have a nice day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I won’t be sending you any screenshots. I did a chat with a tech support person weeks ago, and he promised that you would get back to me via email. That never happened. I’ve done the app update, and I’ve tried to make this thing work for two weeks now. I’m through trying to do your job for you, Fitbit. I’m returning the Charge 3 and will keep using the Charge 2 until it dies. I’ve lost faith in you as a company.
Best Answer
No problem.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @Kaisercat, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate you have come back and let us know you've already contacted our Support Team. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused. In case you need further assistance, please feel free to contact our team again and provide the case number you were given, as they will be able to provide you more options. 

@Kaisercat, thanks again for your insight about this situation. have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything in the list 1 - 8.  The only thing that worked was #8 -  when I removed my Fitbit Charge 2 to from my account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices.  I did keep my Fitbit Aria scale connected.  Hope this helps!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive tried all of your steps. Fitbit has not synced since January 5th. Everytime I manually sync it it does not sync. Please help me.

Best Answer

Do you have any other fitbits on your account? Fitbit says you can have multiple devices on the account but I have found that it causes sync problems.  
I cannot promise it will work but try removing any other devices.  So far, this seems to be working for me.  

UPDATE:

I urge you all to make sure you remove your old fitbits from the app. 

I have been having problems syncing my Charge 3 since October.  I tried everything over and over.  It was so frustrating.  Since I removed my charge 2, a couple days ago, my Charge 3 is syncing like crazy and I'm back to living my fitbit.

If you try this please let me know if it works 

Fitbit support was no help in this discovery.m and have not acknowledged it as yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It didn’t work for me. I deleted every Bluetooth item from my phone
including the Charge 2. I restarted my phone, the Charge 3 (including the
long reset that’s not in the guide - tech support told me about it), and I
even restarted my WiFi. Nothing worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not from your phone. From the fitbit app. Go to account and you should see your devices.  
I tried deleting bluetooth devices from my phone too and it did not help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed it from the app, but interestingly, it never showed in the phone. i always got an error when trying to add the Charge 3, so it showed in the app, but never in the phone under Bluetooth settings.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 only syncs using my data not Wi-Fi.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never connect my phone to wifi but my iPad is on wifi and it syncs on that.  
I just know that I've tried everything that was suggested and a whole lot more.  
Even though the old charge 2 wasn't even paired to my phone or in the list of bluetooth devices i found the Firbit app was still trying to sync with it. I removed from the app and now my charge 3 is syncing all the time.  
I really hope this helps everyone who is having problems.  I know how frustrating it is.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This still does not work - there is a fundamental problem with Charge 3 and syncing! Very Disappointed - I have even rung the help desk they just tell you to do the same as you have said. My Fitbit has not synced for over 10 days - it is a complete waste of time and if I could I would return it for a full refund!

Best Answer
I'm so sorry. I was so excited when I finally got mine working.  I was really hoping that it would help end the frustration for everyone else.  
Now that I'm not fighting to get mine to sync, I really do love it. 
Best Answer
Mine never synced. At least some of you got it to work at all.
Best Answer