Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is not connecting to my iPhone. It does intermittently.

My Charge 4 had no problem.  

Anyone having this issue?

---------------

Deleted my pairing to the Charge 5 and restarted it, then re-paired it in the app seems to have fixed the problem..  yay

---------------

Actually I am still having this issue.  I’ve unpaired, restarted iPhone and fitbit.  Re-paired.   Restarted.  Bluetooth takes a long time and mostly never connects to the charge 5.  My charge 4 worked perfect. 

Moderator edit: merged replies + word choice 

Best Answer
241 REPLIES 241

Yes @Dckn, @TMTCNya, and @KlimentToshkov your tracker should not stayed connected to the phone. This is to save battery life. 

Your tracker will connect when needed, then disconnect. 

So yes you are seeing what you should expect to see. 

The benefit is a longer time between charges. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously you have no idea how does this work. 
I that was the case then all previous models would have be doing this. And oh, we wouldn’t be having realtime notifications. 

Best Answer

True.  It’s an issue when Bluetooth takes forever or doesn’t connect to your phone.  Like I said my Charge 4 was fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Garmin Venu Sq and am thoroughly enjoying it. It has a lot more features than the Charge 5, costs the same, and doesn't have an issue syncing. My wife will probably switch from her Luxe to the Garmin as well. Sorry Fitbit but you've lost two customers.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Brook1000 and @KlimentToshkov.

Thanks for the details and screenshot provided. I apologize for the experience that you've had with your Charge 5 and your interaction with our Support team. Our team continues working on this matter to bring a fix to all our affected members. Please know the feedback shared in the forums hasn't gone unnoticed and will be passed along to our team to keep them informed.

@Brook1000 Because your tracker screen isn't working correctly, may I know if you've tried restarting it? If that's correct, I'd suggest contacting our Support team so they can investigate on their end. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer

Any update as mine still isn’t working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned my charge 5 for a new one and all seems well. 

Best Answer

Nice. Was it relatively painless?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not any resolution that I’ve seen. I ended up sending my preordered Charge 5 back to Fitbit for a refund that I’m still waiting to have paid. Instead I bought a new Charge 5 from Best Buy that I could return for any reason during a 14-day period. That Best Buy Fitbit has been operating as expected. No issues whatsoever. This has simply taught me never to directly buy from Fitbit as you have to pay to have it returned and then it’s quite some time for them to handle the repayment. Lesson learned. Hopefully you can get your Fitbit working right! 

Best Answer
Thanks for you reply, sadly couldn’t get my Fitbit to work at all ,
contacted both Amazon and Fitbit. Fitbit are now sending a replacement out.
Fingers crossed this one works!
Best Answer

How did you manage to convince them to send new one? I had numerous chats with their live chat and all I got is “we will tell our higher level support about your problem “ and live chat agent definitely refuses to replace it. @LizzyFitbit please help!!

Best Answer
Well it was literally brand new yesterday, I charged it add it to the app
then nothing. 6hrs later I was beside myself so contacted Amazon who them
connected me to Fitbit after going through the exact same steps I’d been
trying myself. They said that I could have 50% off my next purchase or a
replacement. I wasn’t settling for the discount as my Fitbit was brand new
that morning so a replacement is on its way.
Best Answer
If it’s anything like my one you’ll be constantly trying to pair it. I’m
not sure if Fitbit will rectify the situation so my advice to you would be
to report it or return it back to where you go it from. I’m currently
waiting on a replacement hopefully that one is ok. If not I’m going back to
charge 4. Had no issues with that at all. Was a great tracker.
Best Answer

I just received my Charge 5 today and cannot get it to sync with the app.  

I've tried:

- turning the bluetooth on/off

- turning the Charge on/off

- restarting phone

I enter the four digits from the Charge to my phone. The charge spins on syncing and then shows a red x, then the app shows options to try again, which I've done.  

The app has been updated, I unpaired my old device, the new Charge is fully charged.

Any other suggestions?  I've spent an hour on this and it's very frustrating

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ElizabethLewis.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I am sorry to hear about the frustration this situation has caused. I was able to see that you have already contacted our Support team regarding this. Please continue working with them since they have already all the details and special tools to continue assisting you. 

You can confirm our complete troubleshooting instructions in Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I am just wondering how you resolved the problem. I pretty much have the same. Installation process takes like forever but afterwards it seems to be added to the Fitbit app, but pairing doesn’t work…Really frustrating. Tried every…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, me too. I want to know if you eventually resolve this and how 

My Inspire, which I had for years, synced well. I've now removed it, expecting to switch to the Charge 5, but the Charge 5 won't connect to Bluetooth or even show up on the app. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps that you described. It simply won't sync.

The Inspire wasn't completely waterproof and I've started to do a lot of swimming. That's why I'm switching. But at this point my only alternative is to give up on the Charge 5 and switch back to my Inspire.

If there's a solution, I'd love to know what it is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems ti be a common problem with the charge 5.   Mine loses Bluetooth connectivity several times a week.    I go thru the steps to correct it but they take many tries before they  work.   This is very frustrating  

Best Answer

Same thing here.  Returned errors during sync, but finally did.  Intermittently synced for 3 or 4 days then stopped.  I Removed the device from the account, reset it and tried new sync- just gives errors.  Really frustrating because if the device worked, it would be really nice.

Best Answer

As a general comment, I find that new Fitbit models add new features that I don't care about while not fixing fundamental problems like erratic syncing and the UI (tiny type, impossible to read in sunlight, too much information).

Just give me something reliable and readable that counts my steps. That's all I ask for.

Think I can return this thing? I kind of ripped up the packaging, unfortunately.

Best Answer