Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is not connecting to my iPhone. It does intermittently.

My Charge 4 had no problem.  

Anyone having this issue?

---------------

Deleted my pairing to the Charge 5 and restarted it, then re-paired it in the app seems to have fixed the problem..  yay

---------------

Actually I am still having this issue.  I’ve unpaired, restarted iPhone and fitbit.  Re-paired.   Restarted.  Bluetooth takes a long time and mostly never connects to the charge 5.  My charge 4 worked perfect. 

Moderator edit: merged replies + word choice 

Best Answer
241 REPLIES 241

Yeah, I'm not willing to do that.  Well, it would be nice to hear confirmation from fitbit that they understand the bug and have a fix. Thankfully Costco has a generous return policy. I wasn't so sure about getting an apple watch, but my understanding is that is reliable, connects and stays connected to the phone. This fitbit is a hot mess of needing to reset  the device and reconnect throughout the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Problem with Apple Watch I bought one for wife your charging it every day

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This has worked for me for the last 5 days, where I have discovered no loss of bluetooth connection. I am very happy !!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 does this too. Has anyone tried to return their Charge 5 because of this problem?

------------

I would rather be able to see texts & calls coming in and just charge my Fitbit as needed!

------------

Is it still staying continuously connected?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing the same issue with my Charge 5 and iPhone SE. Synching almost always takes a very long time and ends up failing on well over 50% of the attempts (I've seen the "Couldn't sync your Charge 5" message in the fitbit app an astonishing number of times). It would be nice if there was a solution to the problem, especially since the issue seems to have been around for a couple of months.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the comments and updates that you've shared so far about the problem you're experiencing with your Charge 5. 

As it was mentioned sometime earlier in the thread, keep in mind there are some general recommendations and troubleshooting steps listed here that other users experiencing something similar have found useful. If you haven't done so already, please make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app and the firmware updated to the latest version available. 

It seems that many of you have already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance. If you already tried all these suggestions and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance. Click here to get connected. 

Keep in mind that for the specific problem related to the Bluetooth getting disconnected constantly, the team of developers is already aware of this and they continue to work to find a solution as soon as possible, but we haven't received other updates for the moment.

Thanks again for all the feedback you've provided, and please know that all your comments are greatly appreciated. 

See you around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
In other words “It’s not us, it’s you”.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi guys

For me the update to iOS 15,2,1 has had a significant positive effect. 

Best Answer

Good Luck!  We all feel your pain.
Amazing that Fitbit seems to be the only manufacturer I've come across that still can't get Bluetooth to consistently function.  I have the Charge 5 that was purchased in November 2021.  I have had Bluetooth issues with it from the start.  It stopped syncing again two days ago.  Over this two-day period, I had to do the following to get my Charge 5 working: rebooted the Charge 5 seven times, turned my Bluetooth on and off multiple times, turned off and restarted my phone three times and deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit App once.  It was after rebooting the Charge 5 the eighth time that it started syncing with my phone.  Inexcusable!     

Best Answer

@FitBilly1117 Thank you for sharing your feedback about this. 

As mentioned earlier, the team is already aware of this problem reported by users about the Bluetooth getting continuously disconnected and they're working to find a solution as soon as possible. 

@MichaelT62 That's great news, thank you for sharing this update! 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem!

Best Answer
Oh wonderful, yippee only been going on for a long time

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am experiencing the exact same issues and followed all mentioned steps too. Very frustrating and **ahem** unhappy

Best Answer

It would appear at this point that fitbit has no interest or intention to fix this issue. It must be faulty hardware as software fix would have been out by now. They must have decided to allow those with bad devices to suffer or go thru a process of returning them and thus avoid the recall embarrassment. Personally I returned my moms and the other I had bought for Christmas and left a bad review on Amazon for buyer beware. Sad that they have abandoned the loyal customers since I have owned every charge they offered… looks to be time for an Apple Watch.

Best Answer
I synced mine once while it was charging. Since then I have no problems
syncing so long as the Fitbit and phone are about a metre apart.--
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Good to know. Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree. I will probably return mine too. So sad.

Best Answer
Very disappointing too. I love the fitbit watches
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your feedback about this, @Harley00

Any updates about this will be shared here as they become available. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes