Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is not connecting to my iPhone. It does intermittently.

My Charge 4 had no problem.  

Anyone having this issue?

---------------

Deleted my pairing to the Charge 5 and restarted it, then re-paired it in the app seems to have fixed the problem..  yay

---------------

Actually I am still having this issue.  I’ve unpaired, restarted iPhone and fitbit.  Re-paired.   Restarted.  Bluetooth takes a long time and mostly never connects to the charge 5.  My charge 4 worked perfect. 

Moderator edit: merged replies + word choice 

Best Answer
241 REPLIES 241
Damm well I’ll be calling support today to see how the company plans on rectify this

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Let us know what they say. Although by my read while doing research for this they just seem to give canned responses. 

Also there are other threads noting the same sync / Bluetooth issues so this has been going on for a while. Which obviously isn’t a great sign. Still unclear to me if it’s software or hardware related. 

Mine does eventually sync just constantly connects and reconnects but as long as the data goes to the app guess that’s all I need. Just don’t know if it will successfully install the next update with all these connection issues…

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for sharing all this information about the problem you've been experiencing with your Charge 5. 

There are some general recommendations and troubleshooting steps listed here that have been useful for other users experiencing something similar. In addition, please make sure to check the compatibility requirements listed here and to keep the Fitbit app and the firmware updated to the latest version available. 

It seems that many of you have already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance. If you already followed the recommendations to resole syncing problems, I recommend that you continue the communication with them if you already have a case created. They will let you know how to proceed. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

In the specific case of the device getting disconnected from Bluetooth, the team is aware of it and they're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. Thank you for taking the time to share all your feedback about this. 

In case you're also having trouble with the notifications, make sure to follow all the steps listed here, and keep in mind that you won’t see notifications on your Fitbit device if you turned on the Do Not disturb Icon or Sleep Mode. 

Have a good day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
What happens when this doesn’t work and you’ve done it time an time again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to return mine for C5 for replacement. It also wouldn't sync properly. I could see how it connected and disconnected in couple seconds. Didn't menage to update and the next day after receiving it, it just died and stopped turning on the screen. And now I'm waiting for a MONTH for replacement. Multiple calls to Fitbit, problems with FedEx and I still don't know when it's gonna end. So if you decide to go for a replacement, be prepared that it can be quite painful:)

Best Answer
0 Votes

except sometimes when needed, it doesn't connect!  That's the point.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  It’s worked fine for a couple months until yesterday, now suddenly won’t sync or charge.  I’ve toggled Bluetooth, restarted the watch, deleted and reinstalled app, turned offf iPhone, etc with no luck.  46% battery… hope it gets fixed before it’s dead, Jim.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with me. Chatted with a few agents and the sad part is they will not even acknowledge that they know it’s a problem! Even after me sending screenshots of this forum the agent still skated around the issue and continue to troubleshoot things that I told him that I had already tried. I’ve been a Fitbit user since my first charge 2, but I guess I will go ahead and return this now that I’ve read everybody else’s complaints.

Best Answer

Just commenting to bump it as being a continued issue. 

Enjoyed a few lovely months with my Charge 5 which I really love using, after updating from a number of Charge 3s with the same screen issue. However, as of a few days ago it’s stopped uploading sleep & exercise, but it does upload steps & heart rate with no issues.

I think the reason this is so frustrating is that I love the device and I know the Fitbit itself is working and it does sync! ..Just not all the information that it did before. It’s unfortunately the key information and I really hope this can be resolved, I will wait.. but not for too long. 

In the meantime, it would be helpful if Fitbit agents could just acknowledge the issue on private conversations and provide updates on the progress of this. 

Best Answer

I totally agree. I love the device, just wish it would function properly. 

Best Answer

Inconsistent syncing, and when it does sleep data is not processed all the time.

for example: The tracker is recording everything - you can see awake and restlessness but only got one night fully processed this week to provide a sleep score showing sleep phases etc.

why can’t this math be processed locally on the watch so you can see your score when you wake up?  Is this because they want to lock you in to a premium subscription service and tie you to your phone app? 

Tried to install an app to the tracker but that failed. Has the company offered an extended timeline for the “premium” services to anyone, since the product does not yet offer those services it advertised? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, thank you for all the information provided and for sharing your feedback about this. 

In this case, since you already tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in the forums to resolve syncing problems and you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this if you haven't done so already. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I’m have an iPhone SE also and have found the same syncing issues. I tried restarting the Fitbit and phone and all the suggestions. One thing that seems to consistently ’fix’ the syncing problem is to have my phone about a metre away from the Fitbit when syncing. Works every time. Can’t give you any tech reasons why but it’s working for me.

cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my first Fitbit (Charge5) and super disappointed that it also wasn’t syncing to my iPhone 11. 
BUT! I just restarted the device (the Fitbit, not the app) and it’s syncing now! Thought I’d share in case anyone is still running into this issue.

Best Answer

I did it too, sometimes it works but usually the problem is back after a few hours 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll jump in here as well. Just got the fitbit charge 5 to replace my very old fitbit flex which was rock solid, albeit a much simpler device. 

While this new fitbit looks nice and promises more functionality, it seems unable to maintain a bluetooth connection with my iPhone 11 pro running ios 15.2, at best the connection is maintained for 2-3 hours and then I notice I am no longer receiving text notifications. When checking my phone I then have to manually reconnect the fitbit. I also see spurious syncing errors, "unable to synch". This rarely if ever happened with the fitbit flex. 

I've power cycled my phone and fitbit, remade the bluetooth connection and the behavior is the same. 

It seems that this device is not yet ready for prime time. Any other suggestions, or should I return it to Costco? I see I can buy an old fitbit flex on ebay for 14 bucks! At least I know that model works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still have the same issue with my Charge 5. It had been working perfectly since I bought it as soon as it was first available, so that’s what…4 months or more? So I suspect the problem is associated with a recent software or firmware update. For me, it is worst in the morning the first time I try to sync after waking up. Then, after going through the same procedures you outline, it eventually is able to routinely sync with little or no problems the rest of the day. I still have to log out of my account & log back in if I want the battery charge to show on my App correctly.

I’m being patient because Fitbit said they’re aware of the Bluetooth stability problem & have their team working on it. BUT, it was over a week ago that they said this. Now that the holidays are past us, I would hope the Fitbit team is close to a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

It would be nice if Fitbit would comment that there are known issues. 

If there are not known issues, should we just return the device, and wait until it is debugged and ready for prime time?

this is silliness. It disconnects randomly. Today the heart rate monitor stopped working, and I googled that and found numerous threads of complaints about that issue. It seems that we are paying for an alpha quality device that is not ready for sale. Please advise. Waiting to speak with support for a brand new out of the box device is not how I like to spend my time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am about ready to put mine back in the box and return it to costco. Perhaps when this device is tested and ready for users I would consider again. It is BUGGY!! I do not recommend buying at this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know what to tell ya for the two weeks I seem to only disconnect at nite then after I turn off Bluetooth an reboot my phone it’s fine

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes