Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit sync with Apples Health app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I would love it if it Fitbit synced with the Health app from Apple. Someone please tell me it does and how to do it. I can't figure it out.
Best Answer
459 REPLIES 459

Based on this response, I bought Sync Solver. But today, my fitbit battery died (it only lasts 24 hours despite me following all suggestions), so my steps are only recorded in Health. I synced, but my steps still aren't showing in fitbit. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app works for me BUT only in one direction. Fitbit sends Health info., but I need vice versa when my fitbit battery dies much sooner than Fitbit says it will and Fitbit doesn't send me a notice!

Best Answer

It won't sync health data TO fitbit though, which still leaves a giant hole.

Best Answer

Does it work in BOTH directions? I need to get my Health data TO fitbit.

Best Answer
From the Fitbit app under account/devices you can setup mobiletrak which will help somewhat but I don't know of a way to sync from health to Fitbit specifically for free. I think I saw some pay for apps that may or may not work.
KING_B
Best Answer
0 Votes
If your Fitbit/batter is defective I'd call support to see if they will replace it. I hear they are very good about that stuff. I use Power Sync and setup MobileTrak so if my Fitbit dies the phone counts steps that would be missed. I'm looking at other possibilities but haven't found anything I'm confident will be better so far and don't want to pay for extra apps either especially without guarantee since I hear some don't get updated to keep working.
KING_B
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm using Fitbit Sync, found it in the App Store & it's free. It sync data to my health app on my iPhone 6

Sent from my iP
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, hope you're doing great today! Fitbit does not currently have plans to integrate with HealthKit, but I would recommend up-voting and commenting on this feature request in order to express your demand for the integration.

Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Please add integration with Apple's Health App.
Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @alex326 Smiley Very Happy! As I've mentioned here, you can vote for this idea in our Feature Request Board.

Also, If you have more ideas or comments to share don't hesitate to do so. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think this is an issue with Fitbit. I think it's Apple not wanting Fitbit to be integrated with Apple since they see them as a competitor.

Think about it.... If Fitbit could be integrated with the Apple Health app, then more people may opt to buy a Fitbit rather than an Apple Watch, no?

Fitbit used to sell their products in Apple store, but Apple ended the contract when the Apple Watch was released. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apple ended the contract in stores because Fitbit wouldn't integrate with ios health.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rtifisr wrote:

Fitbit responds to this post stating that the problem is solved.

Fitbit has not solved the problem, they have chosen not to do anything about it.

Fitbit should be compatible with Apple's Health application, that is solving the problem.

Please enable fitbit to sync with Apple Health so that it is fully iOS compatible.

I don't think this is an issue with Fitbit. I think it's Apple not wanting Fitbit to be integrated with Apple since they see them as a competitor.

Think about it.... If Fitbit could be integrated with the Apple Health app, then more people may opt to buy a Fitbit rather than an Apple Watch, no?

Fitbit used to sell their products in Apple store, but Apple ended the contract when the Apple Watch was released. 

Best Answer

If this was an issue then apple would not have APIs and SDK for healthkit. Because you can implement data transfers between apps into health. Health app only reads the data in apps. It DOESN'T pull data directly from the device. You would still need to have the Fitbit app installed on the device. A lot of apps download your fitbit data and sync it to health. Fitbit can easily cut all these "middleman" apps and directly dump the data into health themselves but Fitbit doesn't like to listen to its customer. There's over 134 pages on this thread and I'm sure over a thosand replies to this but they still refuse to add support for this.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more that Fitbit is incredibly slow to listen to its customers and implement upgrades. The company needs to be more foreward thinking, and much faster. Technology moves at lightning speed these days and integration is key!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Power Sync has been working like a charm for me, and it's free 🙂

@King_B wrote:
I use Power Sync and setup MobileTrak so if my Fitbit dies the phone counts steps that would be missed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I must admit I was gutted when I was playing with my new Blaze to discover that it didn't sync and nor did any other fitbit. I had hoped to be able to play with the data my fitbit generated. Had I realised this was not possible I'd have thought much harder about buying this. 

Best Answer
Read above it states they can't sync 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes
No because it syncs with jawbone so that theory doesn't seem
Roght
Best Answer
0 Votes
Seem right
Best Answer
0 Votes