Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641
Thanks everyone, all fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is like this too. HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the blue tooth on your phone and forget the device. Reinstall app and Fitbit. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

thanks Dawn This worked 😃 Im so glad. I've been so lost without my fitbit the last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.

Cheers,

Cara Malki
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome! Finally my Charge HR is syncing again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen with mine.  The first time it happened I couldn't find any information on how to correct the problem because I wasn't getting an error message, my fitbit just stopped in mid update and had a line though the face, half solid and half empty.  I thought it was dead so I got a new one and it just happened again!  Luckily I had the error message and was able to google it and find this forum.  I updated my ios, deleted and reinstalled the fitbit app and preformed the "forget device" on Bluetooth.  it is working now.  Thank you.  Much frustration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are wonderful!!! Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!!!!

This error was driving me crazy!

All fixed now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked.  I did have to turn Bluetooth back on though. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You Dawn. Is this only a problem with iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dawn,

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the great information on this fix.  It is very helpful....  Now I am back on track with my unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if you have it figured out yet but you need to take your watch off of bluetooth (forget this device) and then you should be able to do the update.  I had the same problem.   Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Teri123

I am so happy that this solution worked for you. I’m glad I was able to help.  Have a great holiday season.  ~ Dawn (Dawn126)

Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot Dawn. This actually happened to my Charge HR while downloading latest update and then I turned off the Bluetooth on my iPhone during the update by mistake.

My fitbit was showing a progress bar on its screen with an 'exclamation point' symbol in the middle and it was frozen on it.

Following your steps made it complete the update.

Thanks again!

Sam

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you happy holidays

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! My carrier is Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any solution yet?

I got the FBBluetoothErrorDomain 18 after being prompted to update in the Fitbit app

i kept my phone and Fitbit near each other and plugged in charging for over 30 minutes and the update got stuck half way thru and never completed

now my Fitbit shows a half way charging screen with a !  No time or recording of activity for a few days now

and when i try to reconnect blue tooth it can’t find the Fitbit 

Fitbit charge HR

Version 122

ios 11.1.2

verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had to reconnect Bluetooth as you recommended here and it worked. Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won't even tune on now. It is fully charged, but will not respond to anything. Junk!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes