Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641
Did you perform the ‘forget Bluetooth device’? My update also got stuck half way, with a bar and ‘!’ shown on the display.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, Dawn126! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing is happening by I mine. Has anyone worked out how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s listed in the comments.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome!  Thank you!  Worked like a charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes
U need to go to your Bluetooth on your phone and forget this device then re install it. See a post from Dawn126. That’s what worked for me

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
@KenRad

I am so grateful that it resolved the issue with your FitBit. Have a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes
It actually didn’t fix mine because had a fatal error, but it did fix others who Fitbits were hung up.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here. Fitbit HR Iphone 7

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to Bluetooth on your phone and forget the device then reinstall. Worked for me! Look at post from Dawn126

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Perfect thank you!

Best Answer

i am also experiencing the same issue with my Fitbit charge HR. I just updated the app to 2.42 and it prompted me to update my Fitbit. The Fitbit was half way through loading the update when I received this error on my iPhone (iOS 11.1). Now the Fitbit is stuck on the upload screen and can’t be used.
I’ve read the linked posts from above and tried forgetting the Fitbit from the Bluetooth menu but now the Fitbit isn’t detected at all. Please help!
Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unpair the fitbit from the phone
restart the phone
restart the fitbit app

it worked for me
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Keep going! You have to tell it to Forget This Device, (little credit card-like icon in upper right corner). After that, Set Up a New Device at same menu. Then go back to Bluetooth to have it sync. This is what everyone that fixed it has done.
Best Answer

Thanks it worked for me 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this I followed what you said and it’s finally worked 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit appears to have stopped mid update. The screen on the devise is a bar partially completed.I have tried your initial suggestion and I can't get past that after trying several times. Any other suggestions?

Best Answer

Worked perfectly.  Thank you Dawn!

Best Answer
0 Votes