Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641
I tried all that when I was on Customer Service. The Fitbit is now dead, Bluetooth can’t connect it, the app can’t find it.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. It ticks me off that it was working fine untilI tried to update and now it wont work at all. I can't even turn it on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue w/ my charge hr. [ Half downloaded and green flash of light] I spent hours working to get it fixed and finally got it to work while on the phone with tech support. Keep it charging. It says that it is not charged but mine was full. Tech support had me delete my fitbit bluetooth connection on my phone. Then I deleted my fitbit (forget this device). [Click on the little credit card icon, upper right corner] Started it up [ setup a device] and let bluetooth find it. It’s just fine now.
Don’t know if this works with any model except Charge HR
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks to all who gave advice. I tried exactly as described but can’t get it to turn in at all, even though it is plugged in and has been charging for a while. I will try again tomorrow since I have nothing to lose.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried your suggestion after getting the same error msg and it worked. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

In my case I wasn't trying to upgrade the FW, I am trying to perform the original set up. In addition to this error, during setup I do get a 4 digit code but my IOS appears to lock at this point with my having to turn off the phone and re-start to be able to do anything with my Apple. I assume both problems are related.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I encountered this issue with error 18 message while trying to update a Charge. I tried many of the suggestions but nothing seemed to work.

Then I found a tip to go to bluetooth settings on iPhone and "Forget Device". After doing this I went back into the  FB App and selected Update again. The firmware update recommenced and the Charge is now working correctly.

Thanks to whoever originally posted that tip. It did the trick!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has happened to me. My Charge HR is now completely dead - won't turn on, even after I have charged it overnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s not an isolated problem.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me! Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I've been unable to use my Charge HR for almost a week now due to a frozen update and this fixed it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!! It worked 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting this solution. I’ve been without my Fitbit for two days because it was stuck. Your solution worked for me. I was getting increasingly frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yay!!! I felt so excited to get mine fixed too!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for the Charge HR, iPhone iOS 11.1  Much Appreciated, KateFitbit and Dawn126.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me! Thank you so much, i thought my Fitbit was good for the garbage about 2 weeks ago when I first did the update and it kept failing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for my Charge HR! Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution of forgetting the HR Charge in my iOS paired blue tooth devices worked for me Thanks

iPhone 7 plus iOS 11.2 Beta2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Stuck 1/2 way through download.

Fitbit Charge

iPhone 6s

iOS 11.1

Verizon

Tried resetting phone and Charge

No Bluetooth connection 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked on my charge:

Then I found a tip to go to bluetooth settings on iPhone and "Forget Device". After doing this I went back into the FB App and selected Update again. The firmware update recommenced and the Charge is now working correctly.

Best Answer