Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

This could work, but my Fitbit is locked up and won’t turn on anymore. It won’t charge either. And the button on the side of mine doesn’t work anymore, so I can’t do a factory reset on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This fixed my tracker:
Go to phone settings > forget device for your tracker > switch off Bluetooth > switch on Bluetooth > open fitbit app on your phone > then the update completed for me and then started to sync with my tracker.
Best Answer

I have the same problem, have you found a fix yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted the bluetooth and removed the device and deleted the Fitbit app. When I brought everything back it worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

iPhone 7+

ios 11.2

Fitbit: I think version 122

So I'm also having that same exact error code but, I also am having issues with my Fitbit. I have the Charge and on the screen of the watch it has a download bar that shows the update is half way done but, it has been this way since yesterday when I began the update. It will not update any further and it will not let me reset my Fitbit. When I plug it in and hold down the button it should restart and tell me the version of the Fitbit but, it will not show anything but, the download bar. I have tried multiple times hitting retry on the update but, nothing happens. So I have removed the Charge from my Fitbit app and "forgot device" in my iPhone settings. Still can not get the Fitbit to show me anything but, the download bar. What do I do from here? 

Best Answer

Yes I'm having the same problem. It is stuck in it syncing. It shows half way done but, won't go any further. Ugh...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have click "forget device" and removed the Charge from the fitbit app. I have plugged my fitbit into an eletrical source and held the button on my fitbit to restart and it will not do anything. It continues to show me a download bar half way done. It will not let me reset it either so I can not even find it now when searching devices on my iPhone. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Find my post done a few days ago. It worked for me

DANORA Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Check post from dawn126

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You also need the Bluetooth to -forget this device and reacquire it. You may need to do the steps slowly more than once. It took me several tries as well but when it actually worked it really was only 10 minutes

DANORA Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
On one USB port on your pc(forget for while your mobile)insert the Fitbit base station on the next USB port insert your Fitbit . Do the update from the base station dashboard.

Στάλθηκε από το iPhone μου
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It worked 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had same error. Following step solved my issue on ios

go to settings>bluetooth

if you see your device listed in there, click on it and select ignore. Turn off and on bluetooth and restart fitbit app and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you SO MUCH!  This worked like a charm. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also removed my device from fitbit app and deleted the app. Then i re-downloaded the fitbit app, reacquired the device through Bluetooth. If you hold down the side button on the fitbit  to get it to reset do it for atleast 15 seconds when connected to power. It took me a couple tries too

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I have tried everything and instill am stuck the tracker is still stuck with the download halfway and I can’t reset it or complete the download on my computer a suggested. Time to get another tracker.

One day at a time!
Best Answer

Followed the instructions but receiving the message 'turn bluetooth on to allow Fitbit to connect to accessories' ?

Where do I go from here as my Fitbit is not working at all now!

Best Answer
0 Votes

EDIT: Resolved, charge HR counting steps again. I posted what helped a few posts down. 

I got this problem. 

Started to apply update on the charge hr devixe through mobile app (newest version of it) —> update on tracker is half way (shows the bar half way with an exclamation mark in the middle) and wont connect to mobile (will give the 18 error). It wont let me even do a reset on the device. 

I have tried all kind of things posted on this thread (reinstall app, forget bluetooth pairing, retry update). 

Device is currently useless.

edit:

thanks @ACG I now tried https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Error-while-updating-charge/m-p/2342411#M72246 but still not working. The app cant find the fitbit anymore, at all. Tried to unpair bluetooth, remove device from app and then adding it again, but it gets stuck at the ”searching...” screen. So now i wont get the error 18 anymore but something wrong in bluetooth nonetheless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Activeblactib

This is working for some of us to finish the update:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge/Error-while-updating-charge/m-p/2342411#M72246

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @Activeblactib

Try:

Restart your FitBit
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Restart your Fitbit Charge
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPvdDoWGckM

You might have to do this, I never had to. 

Factory reset
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606

Good article,
Why can't I update my tracker.
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes