Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

@Nalabanana

image.jpeg

If yours looks like this, "forget your device" should get you to complete the update.

Step 2 on this article

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047

Forget your device video
https://www.imore.com/how-to-fix-bluetooth-iphone-ipad

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
just use you pc to fix this problem. Ins. Do rt your usb (basic station) in one port on the next usb port insert your fitbit . Do the update from the dashboard on your pc
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge HR and experienced the same problems when trying to upload the new version of software to the fitbit. It jammed and gave me the same error reading on the phone.

The solutions given did not solve my problem. However I then removed the fitbit as a paired device, turned off bluetooth on the phone, and removed the fitbit app from phone. Then closed down the phone. Restarted the phone and re-added the fitbit app. Then turned bluetooth back on and let it pair with the fitbit. It worked!

Best Answer

Thank you I was in despair that my old charge would not work when I need it for my 2018 resolution!

This worked - wonderful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad everything worked out for you @l1ndsayH

Check back soon, check in often as there's lots to learn on here. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge hr that won’t update. I e tried everything. I’ve tried removing the device and now it won’t connect again. It has the dreaded half way thru update bar on the screen. Plugged it into my pc and it won’t even show up on my dashboard. Tried all the resets and it’s stuck on the bar halfway. I also can’t reconnect to my app on my phone. My phone is running. IOS 11.1.1. When trying to reconnect it just sits on connecting to tracker. Any ideas on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Dawn126!  This worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nalabanana - this is exactly the problem that I was having.  Check out Dawn126's post on 10/29/17 (copied below).  Her solution is what worked for me.  

1. Go into settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR (or the device that you have) is listed. If it is select the device and choose “forget this device”.

3. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone

4. Have your FitBit in hand. Open the FitBit app on your iPhone and as it syncs it should tell you that there is an update. You have to select update now and this should end up downloading the new software as well as sync with your Charge HR. This may take a little while.

*Note*
If the update doesn’t download the first time, definitely try it again as it may be stuck from the previous time.

If you get the error that your phone won’t sync with the FitBit because Bluetooth is off then at that point go back into your settings and turn your Bluetooth back on.

Best Answer

When I tried to reinstall the app it states that I have an account already so that I can not complete the set-up how do I get around this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to frantztx for the above post. This solved my problem. I’m up and running again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know. I sent it back. It just shouldn’t be this difficult.

Beth Cantrell
Sent from Beth's IPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please I need help with this issue error 18

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Neyfibbit

Try this step by step procedure:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/FBBluetoothErrorDomain-error-18/m-p/2387368#M75889

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer

Thank you very much. It worked !

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Neyfibbit

Your Welcome

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Just try this. Insert the usb base station ( the small usb you got with the Fitbit) on one USB port on your PC ( forget for a while your mobile)also on an other USB port plaque your Fitbit. from the base station dashboard do the update it worked 
Good luck 
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I fixed error 18 then got error 3 and now I’m getting a update firmware message. Let’s hope when I get that fix it will be the end of it.
Rosannas60

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@All

Click on the link in my signature and choose "Let's Talk" you can talk to customer support if this doesn't fix your problem on here. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have s Charge HR, which I have just started to reuse, after an absence of about a year, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, turned Bluetooth off and back on, but sm unable to pair my Fitbit with my phone - it’s not showing as available. My Fitbit has s long bar across the middle with an ! (Exclamation mark) in the middle. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edmonli

Here is the fix I showed Alice and it worked for her. 

Update-error-Fix

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes