Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

This worked for me...thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do I find the page to add a device? Should the fitbit be plugged into the computer for this to happen? 

@ST3PH3NSONwrote:

What worked for me was going onto the page where you can add a device and I pressed and held on my device. Update went through perfect. Before, I kept getting the Bluetooth error 18 and my fitbit was stuck with an update screen on it. I highly recommend trying it. Seems to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I 'forgot' the FitBit connection, turned off Bluetooth, then tried to update and the phone wants me to turn on Bluetooth.  I just hit OK (didn't turn back on) and it is stuck on 'Searching' for an hour.  Did I miss something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jerund If you haven't already, I would try force quitting the app and restarting the phone, then try setting up again. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've restarted the phone a few times.  This is all shortly after updating to IOS 11.  I am right next to my router and quickly get a wifi error, and trying Bluetooth results in error 18.  If I turn off Bluetooth (already did the forget this connection part) then the phone won't try to sync at all, it just says I need to turn on Bluetooth, no other option.  With it on it tries syncing for several minutes, and once in a while it will do a partial sync, like saying I have some steps, but not nearly what I had when trying to sync.  So with my WiFi on and connected, Bluetooth on (or it won't work at all), I'm just spinning my sync circle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not work, still same error after reinstalling 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit app says the last sync was two days ago, which is about right from the data.  I am getting partial updates, like getting 6000 steps when I am over 10,000, but the sleep function isn't registering for two days.

Today I deleted the Fitbit app and started over with a fresh download, but now the phone doesn't 'see' the watch when I try to set up Bluetooth.  The watch is functioning fine, aside from not lighting up anymore when I turn my wrist, which I think happened after swimming.  It is starting to feel like the watch isn't able to communicate with the phone anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I’d really advise you to contact FitBit directly about your problems with your device. I recently contacted them on a different problem I was experiencing and had a ‘chat’ session online. The advisor I was ‘chatting’ with was very helpful.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks Joy,

I checked the trouble shooting on the main site and found that I didn't have my WiFi set-up.  Once I did that everything fell into place- I've got the available update and I am syncing with reckless abandon.

HH/JJ

Best Answer

I have same thing.  It will has been going for hours and is almost done but stopped.  Now I can't even use my watch.  It's stuck on this blue screen.  NOT HAPPY

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been getting the error 18 since I tried to update . Deleted the app and re installed and no change ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18. Half way thur the upgrade I got this message . There is s bar with ! in the middle of my Fitbit window.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed app and reinstall. This alone didnt work. Called customer service and total call time of 7 min including wait was 7 min and problem resolved. Removed fitbit from bluetooth paired items, turned off bluetooth 10 sec, then turn on bluetooth, back to fitbit app to update and it paired and completed update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge HR had this error. I tried all the things this said and it wouldn’t work so I went to YouTube and typed charge he won’t update.   And thank goodness there is video and I did it as he told me to and it started working.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks. I have since relinquished and bought a new Fitbit. I’ll have a
go when I can, and give it to a family member if it can be resurrected.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Delete the Bluetooth connection to your phone and then run the update, then reconnect to the phone. Had same months long frustration now resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day! Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have come back and let me know your issue has now been resolved. In case you're still getting an 'error 18' when trying to update your tracker, please try the following:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and start the update again. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

After deleting the app from my phone didn't work, this Bluetooth solution worked perfectly. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello @jtreynolds, I hope you're doing well, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your experience and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't used my Fitbit in a year, and was having the same trouble.  I started thru the steps outlined, and as soon as I had my phone "forget" the device in Bluetooth, it started finishing the update.  I didn't have to do anything else.  Now when I looked at my Bluetooth devices, there it was, and everything is fine! And the Charge HR shows it is connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes