Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

18 October 2017

Charge HR

iPhone 6, iOS 11.0.3

MTS

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am seeing this same error code after trying to update my Fitbit HR on on October 18, 2017.

I have a Fitbit Charge HR.

I have an iOS 11.0.3.

I use Verizon.

It is stuck it looks like halfway thorugh. It won't let me turn the bluetooth on.

Please let me know as soon as you find a solution. I will really miss wearing my Fitbit.

Thank you,

Julie

Best Answer
  1. When did you first see this error message? 10.17.17 at ~9 pm CDT
  2. What device model do you have? iPhone 6, FitBit Charge HR
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? 11.0.3
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? AT&T
Best Answer
0 Votes

First saw the error message today 18.10.17

charge hr 

ios 11.0.3

giffaff

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TanyaHicks1 Don't hold your breath, mine has been since Friday 13th and still no go.

The fix that FB support has offered hasn't worked either. (I had tried it before only around 30 times tho..)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the issue too.

1. Just purchased phone on Saturday, October 14th.  Has never worked.

2. Blaze

3. 11.0.3

4. US Cellular

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks everyone for your reports on Error 18, our team is reviewing why there seems to be a spike in this currently and I will update this thread as soon as I hear more. Thank you for your patience. 

If your Charge HR is freezing after the firmware update that began rolling out on Monday, try the troubleshoots in this article.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. When did you first see this error message? This week (October 17)
  2. What device model do you have? Ionic/Iphone 6s
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? 11.0.3
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? AT&T
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFitbit wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.pngHi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from syncing. If you are experiencing this issue can you please reply with the following information? Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

1. When did you first see this error message? 
  2. What device model do you have?
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? 
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)?

Saw it while trying to download the update on my Charge, running IOS 11.0.2 on the sprint network. 

Fitbit Ian frozen half way through the update download. Won’t reset, won’t charge, won’t sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing just happened to me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same error 18

Showed up while updating Charge HR on 10/18/2017

IOS version 11.0.3

Verizon network

FB started rebooting repeatedly while trying to update. Now bluetooth keeps toggling between Not Connected and Connected. FB only shows charge bar and nothing else seems to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the "official" way from fit bit to re-set the device for this Error18

Please be advised that it is imperative that they should be followed according to the numbered sequence:
  1. Turn off your mobile device's Bluetooth
  2. If your Alta HR appears on your Bluetooth paired list on your phone's Bluetooth settings, tap on it and select "Forget this Device".
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Restart your Alta HR as strictly outlined in http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186
    • NOTE: When pressing the button, the brief pausing between the presses is vital. The Fitbit logo has to appear and the Alta HR should vibrate to confirm that the restart has been successful.
  5. When your mobile device turns back on, turn on the Bluetooth and search for the Alta HR.
  6. Start the set up again using http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873

However it doesn't wok with mine. 😞 Never has done.

Thought I would share with the community as the support team don't appear to be sharing anything to resolve this Error18 problem.

If thi works for you then you are the lucky ones.. Hope this helps.

Come on FB support guys! Get your act together. Call this "support". Think again.. 😞 

This has been going on nearly a week and no one has put anything on here to try rectify this problem or offer any solutions for FB users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 6s which is on iOS 11. I am with Virgin Media.  

My Fitbit is a Charge HR. I noticed yesterday (18 Oct) that there was an update and proceeded to press the red update arrow. Rather than taking 5 - 10 minutes to update it seemed to get stuck 25% of the way. I checked it in the middle of the night some 5 hours after commencing the update but it was in the same place. This morning (19 Oct) I have the FBBluetoothErrorDomainError18 message. The screen on my Charge HR is showing a status line with an exclamation mark in the middle. Please advise ASAP on how to get my FitBit up and running again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

1. When did you first see this error message? 10/18/17 @ 6:30 pm EST
2. What device model do you have? iPhone 6s+, FitBit Charge HR
3. What iOS version are you currently running? 11.0.3
4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am based in the UK so noticed the error message this morning 19 Oct 2017) at 08.45 GMT.
My phone is an Apple iPhone 6s, my FitBit a Charge HR which I’ve had approximately 6 months. My phone is updated to the iOS 11.0.3 and my mobile phone provider is Virgin Media although I was using my home WiFi which is Sky to do the update.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just happened  when trying to install new update. 

19th October 17 15:30 CET

FB Blaze

i phone 6 not updated the new IOS so on 10.3.3

On BT uk network. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never received that message but for the last two days I haven't been able to sync. I have the most recent updates on my phone and fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed last night that it wouldn’t sync up my steps… And this morning it won’t sync for sleep tracking or anything else

Best Answer
0 Votes