Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 3 wont sync or update.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 stopped tracking sleep, syncing. Won’t recgnize Bluetooth after working fine for one week. I have reset everything and now it won’t see the charge even though all other Bluetooth devices work with my phone (iPhoneXS). Attempted to call customer service but can’t seem to get past the login because none of their associates can speak English well enough to input my email address. This is ridiculous. I pre-ordered this device and it has been a bust so far!! It fails to track my sleep for the past 3 nights and won’t aync at all!! 

Moderator Edit: Format + Word Choice

Best Answer
396 REPLIES 396

I have run out of ideas how to sync my charge 3

I have followed all the instructions that have been posted still not working 

Not sure what to do other than now resort to a proper watch 

Cant even adjust the time when the clocks go forward 

A complete waste of money

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit wrote:

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have already tried some troubleshooting steps and restarted your Charge 3 already. At this moment I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give these steps a couple tries and if you're still having trouble syncing, please let me know. 

I have run out of ideas how to sync my charge 3 I have followed all the instructions that have been posted still not working Not sure what to do other than now resort to a proper watch 

Cant even adjust the time when the clocks go forward A complete waste of money.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just leave it alone for a couple hours & then go back & try restarting it. That’s what I did & now mine is working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have left it alone a number occasions but when i try to sync neither the app or phone will conect 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try to set it up as a new Fitbit on your computer?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have tried everything but no success. Tried setting it up on another device but still no joy. So in a nutshell I have a pretty useless watch 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Open up a new fitbit account. You’ll loose all the steps in your old account but that might do it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that still not connecting. The fitbit is found and I put the number in but it just will not connect 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you take it back to wear you bought it & see if they will give you another one? Maybe try calling Fitbit directly. I’ve heard people say that sometimes they will replace it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Do you have more than 1 device in your BLUETOOTH settings? Only 1 can be paired with your C3.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you believe I have rebooted the watch again probably the 20th time and it has now sync

Thanks for the advice 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this but it still didnt work however I have rebooted it 20 or so times it is now working

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad you got it to sync. Glad to be of help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Smoooosh and @Kaisercat thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Smoooosh, I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband purchase the Charge 3 for me during the Valentine’s Day special. I couldn’t get it to sync and the Fitbit people said it was a Bluetooth problem with my device. They replaced it promptly. My new one was working fine for a few weeks and now I’m having problems again. I gave my Charge 2 to my daughter so I guess I’ll just have to deal with this very defective device. Very disappointed and will never buy a Fitbit again. Too much money and hassle for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try turning off any other devices nearby that are on Bluetooth. I’ve had problems on and off since early March but I’m also travelling through time zones so that hasn’t helped either. Also, go on your watch and flip through to Settings/About and reset...works for me

Karina
Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to sort it by clearing user data sinse then its worked fine 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my Charge 3 today. I have spent the better part of an hour trying to add it to my profile as a new device with no success. I have restarted my phone, turned Bluetooth on and off, tried synchronizing it with my computer only to get to my profile and have the rotating beachball of death at the "Tell us about yourself screen".

Ready to send this back to Amazon!

UPDATE:

Also tried setting up a new account under a different email....NOPE!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you have a Fitbit profile prior to the charge 3?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, I got my Fitbit in November and had no prior account or anything. It was working fine until the update in early March and then it’s been on again off again ever since. Seems to be ok now but I’m not holding my breath! 😂

Karina
Best Answer
0 Votes