Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex 2 app keeps asking for update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I just received my new Fitbit Flex 2 yesterday. Since then, I have been prompted four times to update the app on my iPhone before I could proceed. It gives me an option of now or later, and says it may take up to ten minutes to complete. It really only takes about ten seconds when I hit "now" but is this normal? Thanks!

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I recently got a fitbit flex 2 and the app asks me to update the tracker almost every day.. sometimes several times a day. Is there a fix for this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening for me! It has a terrible battery life as well! What is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too was getting this message every time I opened the app and sync'd.  What corrected mine was to set up the Flex 2 again to my account.  Haven't had any problems since.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes
I deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled/added again. So far so good. Battery life is terrible.
Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing and it is annoying any solutions yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try deleting the app on your phone, then reinstalling. Worked for me.
Best Answer
I have no solution except throw it away!! I have uninstalled, reinstalled, app. I have turned everything including fitbit on and off. I have set it up as a new fitbit. I have done everything but buy another one.. and it still will not complete the update. Ugggh Very disappointed in the lack of customer service from these folks.

But yet I will keep on WALKING!!! [😓]
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did this and so far so good!! 😃

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like everybody else also has this issue, disappointing that they don't monitor and respond to the thread after the first incorrect advise.  I just delated the app and reinstalled to see if it will stop asking me to update the software on the Flex2

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased the Flex 2 on Saturday 1/14 to replace the Flex I have been wearing for the last two years.  I am seeing the same update dialog screen as above once each morning since syncing the new Flex 2 to the same iPhone and Fitbit account used by my previous Flex.  @MarcoGFitbit have you forwarded this issue to Development to determine why version 24.27.2 is triggering the update screen on iPhones? 

Best Answer
No I haven't. Had hoped they were monitoring. Will do though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  I'm really enjoying the size difference between the Flex 2 and Flex.  The Flex 2 fits much better under my dress shirt sleeves and the move reminder is great for us cube dewllers 🙂  If I can be of any help to Development in testing a resolution to this issue, please contact me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did find a resolution for the battery consumption- turn off all day syncing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, and my sincere apologies for the delay in the response. 

Having gathered the information you provided and after consulting with our team I was able to verify that the pop-up many of you are still receiving to update your Flex 2 is part of a bug that's affecting the app funcionality. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you. I appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Update:

I logged in with the Windows 10 PC app and hopped over to settings and updated the tracker.

1) Seems to have worked.

2) However now the Fitbit App on the PC won't connect to the tracker.. I guess this doesn't really bother me because I never use the PC to conntect to the tracker anyways.

Will montior and advise if the iOS app askes to update in a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the app on my phone, rebooted my phone, and re-installed the app.  The re-install seemed a little quirky, but I suspect that was just downloading my data when I Iogged in.  It has been 3 days, and so far this has worked.  Thanks for the tip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

I uninstalled the App and reinstalled it on my iPhone and it seems to have stopped the constant requests to update my tracker.  I know others have tried this and it didn't work but it seems to have worked for mine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fitchris2@Indyshark and @jdc115, it's nice to see you around, I hope you're having a great day. 

@Indyshark and @jdc115, Thank you for keeping me updated and letting me know you're were able to access to the Fitbit app, I'm very glad. 

@jdc115, I'll be waiting for your reply, although if I have more information available before, I'll let you know so you can try log in to the Fitbit app on iOS. 

Thank you so much everyone for your patience and understanding, rest assured our team is working to solve this issue as soon as possible. 

If there's anything else I can do for you, let me know. Smiley Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue with the App always wanting to update my Tracker has been resolved by deleting the App and reinstalling it.  No issues now in over a week.  Now my scale is a different issue for a different thread

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:

Tracker is once again asking to update.

Will call Fitbit and request a replacement devise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes