Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex 2 app keeps asking for update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I just received my new Fitbit Flex 2 yesterday. Since then, I have been prompted four times to update the app on my iPhone before I could proceed. It gives me an option of now or later, and says it may take up to ten minutes to complete. It really only takes about ten seconds when I hit "now" but is this normal? Thanks!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RobertGJr I can confirm that this problem was fixed with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.32.

If you haven't already updated your iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Hello @westmainmusic, have a warm welcome to the Community!. 

Have you been prompted to update the app or your tracker? The message indicating the update will take up to 10 minutes generally appears whe your tracker is updating. This is perfectly normal. When it comes to the app, our development team is constantly releasing updates but these updates will be available on the App Store, the app will not ask to update. 

If you're asked to update your app or your tracker again, I would appreciate if you could reply with a screenshot of the message you're receiving, this will be very helpful to me to investigate this further. 

I hope this information had been helpful, keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I received my Fitbit flex 2 on December 25 and it has asked me to update maybe 5 times already. Also the battery life is more like three days. 

Best Answer

I just read I can turn of the swim settings and get a little longer battery life but the app crashes when I tried to click swim settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_5789.PNG

Hi Marco, this is the prompt I keep getting.  

Best Answer

That is the same one I am getting. 

Best Answer

I get this exact same message 4-5 times a day when the Flex 2 syncs with my iPhone. It's a tad bit annoying. 

Best Answer

Same...getting this message every other time I open the iOS app. I proceed with the update, the screen with the loading bar progresses pretty quickly, then it goes away. Keeps coming back though.

Best Answer

Same thing with my wifes Flex 2 she got for Christmas..

Best Answer

Not normal. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app and tracker. Keeps asking to update the tracker when the app is opened..

Best Answer

I read through this thread and have the same problem. With the same notifications. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app. I have reset Flex 2. Same issue.  Multiple times a day I am asked to update. And it never seems to finish.

Best Answer

Add a "me too" from me. Version 24.27.2

Best Answer

I was able to fix the issue by logging out of the Fitbit app, doing a soft reset on my iPhone (pressing and holding the power and home putting simultaneously), then signing back in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!! I just tried this 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Soft reboot did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same for me. Same version info as well. 

Best Answer

Same for me - This has been going on for about 4 weeks.  I will try the reset of my phone, but I am not holding my breath.

Best Answer

Me too..  I'm having the same issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes

OMG finally someone with the same problem I have. I have called FITBIT Chatted and basically no one can tell me why this is happening. Its a constant loop of update, the error message and then update again. Sometimes my tracker with sync with my phone but for the most part not. I have Flex, but the sam error over and over. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As anticipated, I tried the reset.  Just like agreeing to the update, it works for a few hours.  Disappointing.  I'm sure Fitbit could have a patch for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes