Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Flex 2 app keeps asking for update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I just received my new Fitbit Flex 2 yesterday. Since then, I have been prompted four times to update the app on my iPhone before I could proceed. It gives me an option of now or later, and says it may take up to ten minutes to complete. It really only takes about ten seconds when I hit "now" but is this normal? Thanks!

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Keep having to update every time I use the app 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Delete the app on your phone and reinstall
Best Answer
0 Votes

App is still asking me to update virtually every time I pull up the app -6-7x per day!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have. You deleted the app on your phone and reinstalled? That has been a fix for me and a few others. Support is aware of this issue and is working on a fix
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit released version 2.32 of the iOS app on January 30th.  So far this version has not prompted me to update the Flex 2, but I would like to see some additional feedback from other forum members.  

@MarcoGFitbit Can you check the Engineering Change Log for this app release to see if this issue was addressed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertGJr I can confirm that this problem was fixed with the release of Fitbit iOS App version 2.32.

If you haven't already updated your iOS App, click here to be redirected to the iOS App Store.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have tried every fix mentioned here and my fitbit app still constantly says my device needs to be updated. What next? Can I send it in for a replacement? @DerrickS 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you updated your app? The fix was incorporated into the update
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, my app is up to date. I have literally tried everything mentioned in
this thread.
Best Answer
0 Votes