Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing on iOS devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App not working on iPhone. Have tried switching phone on & off, deleting & reinstalling app, re -pairing Bluetooth connection. Any suggestions as to what I can now do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Hi Fitbit team,

This is occurring for myself also. Have tried all that has been suggested here. To no avail. Hopeful Fitbit resolves this as it seems to be impacting a few people now. 

Best Answer

Help! Anyone else having issues with the app! I’ve deleted it reinstalled it. Turned my phone off and back on but nothing!!

as soon as I click on Fitbit App it shuts down straight away?! Been like it all day?

any advice gratefully received 

Best Answer

Hello @Clarissaward and welcome to the Community.  I am merging your post with an existing thread on this issue.  It seems like a number of users are having this problem. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you 🙏🏼 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. It started yesterday. Running iOS 15.4.1 on iPhone 11 Pro. Have rebooted phone, reinstalled app 3 times, chatted with customer service, all without success. Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting. This just worked for me. I installed app on my iPad and did a sync. That somehow allowed the app on my iPhone to work. 

Best Answer

Thank you 🙏🏼 how do you sink them or does it just happen? 

Best Answer

I didn’t sync them. I synced the Fitbit to the iPad then closed the app on the iPad. I opened the app on my phone and it worked for some reason. I have no idea why. 

Best Answer

Thank you 🙏🏼 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just spontaneously started happening.  Never experienced this before. Restarted phone, no change.  Deleted app and reinstalled, no change.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly have the same issue.  App crashes, deleting app and reinstalling does nothing.  Turning phone off and on does nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports and efforts while working on this matter. I understand how you're feeling about this situation, and I apologize for the inconvenience. As mentioned before, our team is aware of this issue with the Fitbit app and they're working to get it resolved. Your patience is truly appreciated and this thread will be updated as soon as we have more details to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm, the first post about this issue was 18 April 22.  So it’s been a month.  How long will it take to resolve?  I rely on my Fitbit for quite a number of reasons.  I’m not feeling confident about the company’s commitment to resolution.

thanks

Best Answer

Hi.

I see this was an issue earlier in the month.  The app keeps crashing for me tonight.  I’ve tried shutting down my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, closing all other apps and the Fitbit app will not open.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. It started yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues on iOS 15.5 iPhone 13 tried deleting and reinsalling - nothing any ideas ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list of those having this problem. App suddenly started crashing on 13 Pro as I attempted to open it. Okay on iPad. Have tried shutting phone off and deleting/reinstalling app. Upon reinstall, it asks me to log in and then crashes. 

Best Answer

seems to have sorted its self

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for participating in this thread, and every step tried prior to posting. I see where you're coming from and let me share our team is working hard to bring a solution. Your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and rest assured we're keeping our team informed of this situation. Once we have more details, we'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem started for me this evening. Tried all the usual remedies. Nothing working. What’s going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes