Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799

What a pile of junk. I’m sorry, but you’ve really ticked me off with this “preview”. I just got a Fitbit for my son for his birthday. His first Fitbit. We installed the app and got this ridiculous version. You’re making changes just to make changes, not to make anything better.  Oh, and almost nothing works. You can’t swipe scroll up to see items below the screen - they come up for a moment but drop back down as soon as you let go. I invited my son to weekend warrior, and it shows up in his today section, but when he taps on it the food log opens up, so he can’t even accept the challenge. This isn’t not even close to being a testable version for users, unless it’s opt in only with the explicit caveat that this version doesn’t work and needs to be tested thoroughly. Please tell me how to revert back to the real app or I’m taking his Fitbit back to the store and buying my whole family (2 parents, 2 kids, and 2 grandparents) Apple watches.

Best Answer

Un-invite me now, I HATE it. Where is the Home screen where I could have all my stats displayed in one look? Now I have to tap Sleep, then tap Open; then tap Weight and tap open, then tap Water and tap Open, etc. This is ridiculous. Give us back our one page display

Best Answer

I must have got the invitation but I don’t like it. Is there a way to be uninvited?

Best Answer

Agreed! It’s hard to read and takes longer for my brain to process in that format. 

Best Answer

A CALL FOR PUSHBACK ON THE NEW DISPLAY (5/25/2019)

I agree that the new dashboard for smartphones is a major, major, major step backward in usability and analytics.  The new dashboard provides daily/weekly summaries with perfectly useless graphics, followed by an ability to drill down to a piece of equally useless information that feeds the useless graphics.

The display designer seems to be a social media addict who believes that Fitbit users want a quick, glancing summary of their data measured against goals ... only to then quickly move on to social media to challenge others to contests and/or to see the results of their friends' performances.

Not interested!  I want functioning graphics with drill-downs to data.  The previous smartphone display did a good job of providing functioning graphics with drill-downs to data.  BRING IT BACK!

By the way, I called Support.  All the "Advocate" had to say was the new display was a major update and that he hoped I'd get used to it.  What's he advocating and for whom?

Best Answer

Do NOT like the new home screen. The other version was much more user friendly and visually appealing. If it’s not broken, don’t fix it!

Best Answer

Like many others I wasn’t invited to try the new UI nor do I consider myself to to be ‘one of the lucky ones’ after finding I had the latest changes enabled.

Some will always find change difficult to accept so I’d like to try to be constructive in my criticism of the changes to the User Experience of this version.

For me I feel that this change can be summarised as:

1) a move away from a graphical UI to a more text heavy UI

2) a UI that now requires far more user interaction in order to access useful information due to the poor and inefficient use of the screen real estate. 

The old UI was far more elegant, concise and informative at a glance. Unfortunately this version takes more than one screen to display the same information because of its increased use of text and white space on the screen.

I’ve always valued the quality of the Fitbit hardware and most importantly the usability of the app, but if this is the future of the app then I think it’s might be time to reconsider that position.

Best Answer

I find the new format refreshing easier to read and what I'm looking for available on this page or no more than the old version of two taps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly! I’m fine with change if there is a purpose to it, or if it is beneficial in any way. 

Your points about UI are what I was referring to when I mentioned the visual appeal and user friendly-ness. 

Love your opinion!

Best Answer

Is there a way to revert to the old informative dashboard? My sleep and challenges aren’t there. This is so much less useful. The whole point was to turn the goals green and get fireworks. Where did that go??? And my challenges just listed without the progress or who has joined? Fitbit, you were useful and fun until you forced this on me two days ago. Please tell me there’s a way to restore it. 

Best Answer

I also did not opt in to be a tester of this new format. I cannot figure out where I am supposed to go to set new alarms. Help!!

Best Answer

@haileerenee you should be able to get to your alarms by selecting your profile at the top left of the today screen and then selecting your device.

Best Answer

I am not opposed to change and trying new things. That said, the new layout in my iOS Fitbit app is horrible. Layout is plain and I am finding that it randomly combines data from multiple days. It resets back a little later, but really inconvenient. Please scrap the new layout and give us the old dashboard back. Please. 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit I truly hate this new home screen layout and I was never asked to switch over so I’m not happy that this happened without my approval. Is there anyway to go back to the old dashboard that everyone liked? 

Best Answer

Same here. I didn’t ask for this and the new look is acting up. Not letting me peek in at challenges, blank dashboard with only the heart rate showing. It’s just nothing but issues for me.  

Best Answer

This new version just appeared in the morning and now I have a problem. It wouldn’t sync up so I tried to forget the device and then resync it but now it won’t connect again, when I try to set up new device it asks for the numbers on the watch and then the watch buzzed and shows tick like it connected but the app stays stuck on the pin screen. Help please????

Best Answer

@ShanJ  @Sareah  I had the same issues.  I had to sign out of my phone app, delete it, reinstall it.  Then I did a soft reset on my device, connected/re-added it to the app, let it update, then all started working again.  But WARNING, the new dashboard is super lame, you can't go back to the old dashboard, and essentially the message here is that no one likes change and you'll get over it eventually.  Good luck!  

Best Answer

Un invite me too!! Wait you never invited me and just thought it would be a great idea to mess with everyone’s accounts!! Fitbit so un cool.

The challenges don’t even work and I’m not in any current challenges and yet when I go to set one up it says I have reached my limit. I have been here since 2014 but this is it for me and I will be telling everyone and showing them this ridiculous new look. 

Best Answer

I have the new dashboard and  don’t like it! The previous one showed everything I needed, a single tap would show me my sleep, alone me to log water And food etc. Then new one you have to go to discover, choose your topic and then open it, very slow and cumbersome. And I can’t find the challenges I’ve accepted anywhere. I want the old one back!

Best Answer

I dislike it as well! Difficult to access and enter data. Fail!

Best Answer