Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread as we rolled out the new dashboard. We have been monitoring all reports and made updates along the way. At this time the new dashboard has been rolled out to all. We do hope you will continue to explore the new experience. Since the new dashboard is now available to all, we will be closing this thread for new reports.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799

Can I get invited please? 🙂

Best Answer

So I downloaded the app today and I seem to have a different dashboard look to what my mum has. I don’t believe I was asked if I wanted the new look and if I’m being honest I really don’t like it

Best Answer

@oucesar great to hear your enthusiasm. Right now the invitation is going out to a small random amount of users, but the net will be widening soon. Please keep an eye out for it. 

Best Answer

My app was also updated and I was not asked/invited. I no longer have the options to see my steps or active minutes. I see where you can add things to the “Today” screen, but i have very limited options of which steps and active minutes are not choices.

Best Answer
I feel the older version is so much better, you can clearly see everything
a lot better
Best Answer

same here, but unfortunately I cannot get the old version back.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Totally totally agree I was NOT invited to opt in and do not like it one bit. It is longer winded to get around, it has dropped me out of current challenges with friends and harsher to view. It now disinterests me and makes me not want to log in tbh. I have not had an email or option to in yet and now left with no choice. I want the old dashboard back as did not opt in for a new one. 

Best Answer

I didn't opt in - the new version just appeared. It doesn't show ANY information - no step count, no flights of stairs, no active minutes. It just changed mid-day and there's no way to see the very basic information that a Fitbit tracks. What is the point?

Best Answer

@oucesar @ I was just about to write something like this to@KateFitbit and @AlessFitbit . I use the Android version of the app and forever ready to test anything and give constructive feedback yet I'm never invited to test anything. Fitbit keeps on inviting people who aren't ready, had no invite by email or any means and totally had no idea about this update, how do you expect them to be happy with it and give feedbacks? This is some kinda bad handling and it will give more people the impression of a very bad update incoming... . meanwhile I do not agree with that especially after reading the new experience flight notes, I think this is a good update the the Fitbit UI needs, yet still I don't even have the chance to use and share my technical opinions. You guys need to do something about this. 

FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer

Well, the new features added to my phone however, my steps, calories burned, active minutes are not loaded on it.  I am totally disappointed.  I now cannot see any thing on it except the workweek challenge with coworkers.  Why can't I view them anymore?

Best Answer

I’d like to be invited in the next round of users selected to receive the updated dashboard 

Best Answer

Update available I have tried and tried and does not work it comes up on end with a big x

so what is one meant to do I only brought this Fitbit a few weeks ago  so surely it must be the update and not me x feeling frustrated by it 

Best Answer

I don’t remember being invited, but I do have the new dashboard and it is very unattractive and less useful and informative than the previous dashboard.   Our goal turns dark yellow when you achieve it?  It no longer shows how much weight I lost, but only my current weight?  Where as the previous dashboard would show how much weight I had lost on the home screen, now I can’t find it easily. I also don’t seem to be able to have both body fat  percentage and weight show up.  I’ve been using Fitbit for years, but  these mandatory, no rollback, “Improvements“ that actually reduce functionality and attractiveness, might  very well make me change in the future 

Best Answer

Like the others I did not get any notification I just opened my app and had the new dashboard. This seems like a very intrusive way to get feedback. So if it’s feedback you wanted here you go. I have had several versions of the Fitbit and have been super happy with the product. It has been instrumental in helping me loose over 20 pounds. The new dashboard is awful and with no way to roll back (even tried deleting. and reinstalling the app) I have gone from loyal happy customer to unhappy dissatisfied customer. Whoever decided this would be a good idea to force this change on unwitting customers should be forced to use the new dashboard. That is the harshest punishment I can think of. Seriously it is awful. Please change it back or provide an option or you have lost a customer.

Best Answer

My fiancé was also not “invited” to the new version it just came up when he opened his app this morning for the first time.  He is a diabetic and decided to purchase a Fitbit Versa after seeing how much I really enjoyed mine in January.  He has since lost over 15 lbs and is now off of all of his diabetic medications because the Fitbit motivates him.  He gets up and walks every time he gets a reminder to ensure getting his steps and likes to see the stars showing how active he has been.  He was actually angry this morning after discovering that this was an update and he was un to go back to the old version.  He is not considering not using any longer because he isn’t so disappointed with the new version.  I am very sad about this and will not be happy if Fitbit hasn’t completely ruined this for him.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE as a community we beg of your company to change it back.  I would even pay a low monthly subscription for the old app back!

Best Answer

I hate the new dashboard redesign, You copied from the Versa visual to the new FitBit iOS app dashboard and i don't like it. I like the old dashboard better. Bring back the old interface in and I like the revert option that other member suggested. and there's no need to create the Help article. I think we can handle it by ourselves

Best Answer

May I please have an invite as well?  I have OO1 error code and charge 3 is no longer communicating with my phone.  Please help.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, we've seen that. The issue is that the app is not working as
documented for many of us. The things they talk about simply are not there.
Best Answer

this update coincided with my Heart rate tracker being wildly inaccurate suddenly.  Will this be corrected soon?

Best Answer