Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799

Had a discussion with someone with Fitbit live chat and they said it was my phone and it wasn't on their list of 'phones' approved for the Fitbit app.  Even though my phone wasn't on their phone list, the app never had a problem before the update.  All the phones I had was never on their phone lists and never had a problem running the app.  It was suggested to switch phones on their list.  I feel that I don't need to do that (just gotten a phone contract in January) and I am not shelling out $300 to back out of it so I can get a phone from that list to run that one app when it was working before.  It has been supposedly escalated to have my phone brand put onto the list.  It is quite annoying to not be able to see my steps when I'm out and about.

I'm basically out of luck and was told to use the dashboard from my pc from now on.  The thing is, if I'm going on a 2 hour walk or on errands, where am I going to find a computer to check how many steps I have? Debating on whether I should just not use Fitbit anymore.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t like the new version...

Best Answer

My app was updated but I was never asked to opt in. I really don’t like this new version, I can’t see my steps anymore which isn’t very helpful with the Alta which doesn’t let you see an exact number of steps. Definitely preferred the old version this new version is far too complicated. This would discourage me from using the Fitbit app as often as I do.

Best Answer

Yah, I was under the impression that so long as what you are posting is highly relevant to the different groups you are posting it to, it wasn't considered cross posting. I thought cross posting was when you posted a similar message to unrelated groups. Not to mention my posts were replies to different people with the same issues. Couldn't one argue that giving the same "solution" to different people with the same problem on the forum be considered "cross posting" then? 

To Vote for a choice between the new and old dashboard, go to "Feature Suggestions" - then "Allow customers to choose between dashboards" should be near the top of the list.
Best Answer

I’m not sure if this is what I got but I got an update today. I tried to update but I keep getting an error message. It looked like it was updating but when I checked it hadn’t. It’s extremely frustrating since my steps aren’t showing either. I hope there a fix gif this as I’ve had numerous problems with this Fitbit. I’m almost ready to tell you where to put it. 

Best Answer

@JoeKII Your posts in the Android forum were removed due to repetition. Reposting the same content over and over is considered crossposting. If you would like to call attention to your post directing people to the feature suggestion board please create one post and @ mention each user you would like to mention. If you continue to create new posts stating the same thing throughout the thread it will be removed.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I was NOT invited to try the new layout but got it anyways. I really, really, really don’t like it! I prefer the old layout. It is really hard to find what I want  to see. I have an old notification that popped back up that I can’t delete. 

Best Answer

Well they have resourceful ways to piss people off 😂.

They are pros 

Best Answer

Don’t like the loss of heart rate tile on dashboard 

Best Answer

Hello @Btedford and @Rnelson856 thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Lymoon, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with the new Dashboard design with us. Thank you for your feedback about this situation, we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

@Rnelson856 please note that we have not remove the Heart Rate tile from the Fitbit app. If you're not able to see it, please tap on Discover > Health & Wellness. In here search for Heart Rate, tap on it and then tap on "Add to Today".

Give this a try and let us know the outcome.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

all these people who don't want the new dashboard, and here I am opening the app constantly wanting the new dashboard, Let people opt in, who want to beta test it!

Best Answer
Same thing I do here... hehehehe, true let people who are interested opt in the program. The mere thought of something new out there and not using it kills me.

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL
FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer

Your solution of going through the Discover button does not work.  Before you changed the app I could easily see my steps, my sleep, my heart rate, etc. All those items in Discover are grayed out for me - they worked before.  I’m curious, is this a way of making older Fitbit models obsolete so that customers have to upgrade, or is this software that you rolled out just not working properly.  It’s been about two weeks now - you haven’t given us the old dashboard back, and you haven’t fixed the new one.  I’m about to become a new Garmin customer. I was Fitbit faithful from the beginning, but you’ve lost my trust and loyalty.  I’d like a legitimate solution, or just be honest and tell me you can’t do anything.

Best Answer

@Kenzibit @waynezwor1d I'll see with the team if there is any way to opt in. 

@CrazyLAGirl Are you saying you can't see your stats in the Today screen? Would you be able to post screenshots, I'd like to share it with the team. 

Best Answer

@KateFitbit thank you. .. thank you. Would be extremely glad and will analyze it very well with feedbacks. Done this for numerous apps and will love to do it for Fitbit 😊

Hope to hear some good news from you soon. Thanks.

FitbitSense, TeamFitbit, TeamPixel, Scientist, Gamer!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem solved. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we revert to the old one?

Best Answer

At what point will you be collecting feedback from testers? My vote? Thumbs down. I’m not sure who from marketing suggested moving from a pretty fun interface to this drab one. Not much of a positive user experience to speak of.

Best Answer

Well, I hope that the developers have fixed the issue with floor counting.  I am aware that currently floors are only counted when increments of 10' are achieved at once, not when say 5' gained, then 2' loss, then 6' gained would equate to 1 floor.  This is a huge issue when hiking and walking, when I select the track exercise it does not count total elevation achieved.  Just the other day I hiked and went up 420' total and instead of credit for 42 floors I got 17 floors...totally useless for my purposes.  (Yes, I have emailed support many times, they are aware of my issue and have replied that it is being worked on).

Best Answer