Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799

I may have missed it, but is there a way to turn off the tips that pop up periodically at the top of the new app?  I find them “stunningly superficial” especially when they’re telling me that I need to sleep more for Fitbit to track my sleep, but it consistently undertracks my sleep by several hours. 

Best Answer

I’m having this problem too. I can’t understand why Fitbit thinks I would buy their product (which HAS to have an app to be useful) then agree to pay “membership” for a “new” app which no longer works. The dumb tips that obscure the screen when I’m trying to get info, and really REALLY stupid pictures of vegan meals from people I don’t know or care about are a really awful way to start my day...and I can’t seem to turn it OFF!  HELP!

Are we sure they’re really thinking that they can make us pay to get info from our apps?? Or is this just a rumor. Hard to believe they could be this dumb,

Best Answer

“How to destroy brand loyalty”

by Fitbit.

The dashboard is why I bought another Fitbit. 

The new dashboard is why I will buy another product as soon as this one (Versa) dies again out of warranty. 

So it appears this new dashboard is so Fitbit can try to sell to something like the old dashboard. 

I wont buy it after spending nearly $200 on the product. 

My company gives us a nice yearly credit towards the purchase of a fitness product and twice I’ve bought Fitbit. 

Looks like I’m getting a garmin or Apple next. 

Best Answer
this appears to be true as I was told they put the two apps together for
"smooth " upgrade to premium i.e. $
Best Answer
not possible to alter anything on iPhone I will purchase new devise as soon
as I can afford
Best Answer

This is all in preparation for Fitbit’s new premium service, which they have announced. The now see their users as a potential revenue stream to make up for declining hardware sales. There was no need to screw with our user experience in order to accomplish that. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/28/tech/fitbit-premium/index.html

Best Answer

In case this is of use and you’ve not seen it I’ve found that you can reorder the Today page so the steps etc don’t appear at the top. It might mean some people can see information they want without scrolling as it doesn’t look like the old view will be available as an option any time soon.

On the Today screen click edit in the top right. Under “MANAGE TODAY ITEMS” move what yo would like to see above steps etc above Activity and save. You will then see them before the big white space with steps.

D71639B1-991B-4396-89AB-B40570F631D2.png

Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge 3, iPhone X
Best Answer

Thanks for the reordering advice @Sharonalondon 

Sadly doesn’t solve the problem of the dashboard now being watered-down and superficial. 

Regarding earlier posts about a subscription model. I am totally happy with subscribing to a monthly fee of say £5 (5GBP), if this includes the hardware cost (so zero cost for the FitBit) and an updated piece of hardware every 2-3 years. But no way I would subscribe to be able to see the data from a £150 device. 

Come on FitBit, re-enable the old dashboard! 

Best Answer

Thanks for the link Fyrfyter. I would actually have gladly paid for Fitbit Premium as I already do for MyFitnessPal and Strava, but the new dashboard is such a big disappointment in so many ways and their lack of acknowledgement of it and how they are simply ignoring all these requests and comments with vague and default answers really pushes me towards another brand/ service. Will keep my eyes here for a bit longer and if nothing changes (getting the options of the old dashboard back) will get rid of my Fitbit products, which is a shame. Incredible how much this dashboard change impacted my whole experience with the brand. As someone else pointed out, that green commemorative screen when you reached all your goals it was a little nice moment in the end of the day. 

Best Answer

I totally agree , the app should be more text heavy . The graphs should be interpreted in text too .

The earlier screen was much easier to see due to larger fonts and design.

Change is always good ,only if it provides the users more  ease of use and meaningful options.

i was a bit surprised that how did my app auto update? I did not want it update it yet.

Best Answer

This is just a money grab. Goodbye Fitbit.

Best Answer

Same as many people here - I hate the new design. In the previous one, you could see things much more easily (everything fitted into one screen, whereas with this one you have to scroll + eg. you could see graphically via the shape how many days of exercise you did, I thought that was clever, whereas now you just have a boring circle where you need a number, etc.) and it was nice&neat. The new design is just ugly and no improvement over the old one whatsoever. Please, at least introduce the option to opt for the "old" design.

Best Answer

I bought the product and the software was part of that package. 

It worked with Castlight 

for **💩**bit to degrade a product I have already paid for so they can (attempt) charge me $9.99 a month to get back what I had already used for over 2 years is a criminal act in my eyes.

the new app intentionally is no longer compatible with Castlight to try to bully me into buying the premium service. 

I WILL NOT SUBSCRIBE to their premium service. I will not buy a Fitbit product ever again and I will warn others of how disreputable hey acted.    

Best Answer

I did NOT opt-in for the new dashboard and yet this morning it’s switched to a new dashboard.  I did not ask for this new version!!!  

The new dashboard is NOT AN IMPROVEMENT!   Why is that techies always think they need to fix things that aren’t broken!  

Make everyone happy and give us the option to keep the old dashboard with the tiles!  

Best Answer

New dashboard is terrible! It used to be that everything I wanted to see was on one nice clean page. Why was this changed? Just for the sake of change? Make work project for someone?

Best Answer
It’s how people justify their jobs.

>>>If you’re planning on purchasing a Fitbit, ask me why I regret it. “If it ‘ain’t broken’, don’t fix it”. If it IS broken, FIX IT! >>>
Best Answer

Yes please go back to the old - this new is a piece of crap - not user friendly and missing so many functions that I was relied on- alarms / steps walked / sleep etc.   

Best Answer

Agreed. I wasn't asked if I wanted to opt in.

I really hate the new display and find it hard to see the steps etc when on the move. It is also harder to use and not user friendly.

The last version was fine. Why change that any basically annoy your Customer base?

Best Answer
Yes it is just awful

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread as we rolled out the new dashboard. We have been monitoring all reports and made updates along the way. At this time the new dashboard has been rolled out to all. We do hope you will continue to explore the new experience. Since the new dashboard is now available to all, we will be closing this thread for new reports.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer