Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799

Don’t forget to give the app a 1-star review in the App Store (iOS) or Google Play. By bringing that down, they should react.

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me.  When opened the Fitbit app this morning on my iPhone the new dashboard was in place, even though I never opted in.  Looks like Fitbit is just forcing it now. 

Best Answer

HELP! I absolutely HATE the new Fitbit dashboard 8/28/19. I'm not alone either!

Would LOVE to go back to the old version

Best Answer

How do I change back to old dashboard? This new one is not my style at all!!!!!!

Best Answer
Left my one star, honest review.

>>>If you’re planning on purchasing a Fitbit, ask me why I regret it. “If it ‘ain’t broken’, don’t fix it”. If it IS broken, FIX IT! >>>
Best Answer

Hi everyone! My apologies fro the delayed reply! Thank you very much for all your feedback. We really appreciate it. 

Please feel free to have a look at this feature suggestion, and leave your vote and comment there, so that our team knows how often this is being requested. 

Keep me posted

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
I hate that they changed the dashboard with no warning and no choice of
using it or not! I've had a Fitbit for almost 2 years and have been very
happy with it until now...and now I want to get something else!
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

How to I get to see the new Fitbit Dashboard? Everyone else in my household has it and I do not -and I have a newer phone than they do and uptodate ios

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanFitbit wrote:

Please feel free to have a look at this feature suggestion, and leave your vote and comment there, so that our team knows how often this is being requested. 

With all due respect @JuanFitbit, and nothing personal, but why should we bother doing that? Your company has already ignored several previous identical "feature suggestions" asking for the exact same thing, that got a total of 500+ votes. And this new "feature request" is already listed, out of-the-box, as "Status: Not currently planned", which is corporate-speak for "Status: Yeah, we're just not going to do that".

Instead, I recommend that people take these quick and easy steps (steps 1-3 take under a minute):

1. Go to the App Store.

2. Search on Fitbit App.

3. Give it a 1 star rating.

4. Optionally, write a review expressing your dis-satisfaction. Let your frustration flow!

5. Optionally, go on Amazon and write a similar review.

The thing is, Fitbit Corporate already has OUR money, so it is understandable that they don't have much corporate motivation to care about us or what we think.

Nobody new looking to buy a health tracking device (potentially a Fitbit device) is going to go searching through these forums anyway. But they're going to look at reviews in the App Store, though; and seeing a bunch of 1-star ratings is going to make them at least somewhat less likely to buy a Fitbit device.

I really don't want to see Fitbit fail; I actually REALLY LIKE the product (currently, a nice slim Alta HR) and REALLY LIKED the old Dashboard. And I'm sure there are many good designers, engineers, and product managers there!

But there's no short-term reason for Fitbit Corporate to respond to "feature requests" like this, because Internal Politics: some V.P. pushed hard for these changes; and that person is not going to lose face and back down simply because their existing customers think they made garbage design decisions.

On the other hand, there IS a reason for them to respond to a sudden slew of negative reviews on the App Store. I mean, it's the sort of thing that gets tracked very closely; whereas I think these forums are seen more as a place for "the sheep to let off steam".

I 100% guarantee that 500+ 1-star reviews on the App Store will get a much bigger response than 500+ votes on some obscure "feature request" mechanism in these internal forums.

Just sayin'!

Best Answer

I also got the new dashboard, this totally stinks.  I will likely switch to another device when this one fails (which is usually after a few months for all of my provious Fitbit devices).  Forcing this on us without any warning...not right.

Best Answer

@ChasBFit Totally agree about app store reviews, and they are absolute carnage right now.  Hundreds of unanimously negative reviews.

Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic for any changes back, because they just announced their new Premium subscription model, which is tied to the new version.  So, not only will the design continue to be bad, but we can look forward to limited to no new features on the free app, because it's all about subscription revenue for them now.

Best Answer

You and your fellow moderators keep saying you want customer feedback which you are getting in abundance, but I fear you’re completely ignoring it! 

The new app layout is truly awful. I wasn’t given the option, it had just appeared, it’s not user friendly and like the majority of others on here, id like the option to revert to the old layout.

I was considering upgrading to a newer Fitbit, but now I’m seriously considering buying a different brand. Can you please give customers the option to change back?

Best Answer

I’m sick of the “it won’t change back” comments. 

Just change it back! I still had the old dashboard on 27th August, it must still be in the code. 

Or just make the new one have all the data easily visible and get rid of all the white space. It’s RUBBISH! 

Best Answer

Yeah...with all of the problems you've seem to have created with this update, I'll be using MyFitnessPal much more often. This is terrible. Fix the iOS issues with bluetooth and the Versa. There is no reason the watch should be pairing with Android phones and not iPhones. I've tested it on multiple devices, had other fitbit users look for my device on their iPhones and it's not being detected by iPhones. So blame Apple or blame yourself, your users are blameless and you're not responding to the problem adequately. Get an email out and describe the problem and promise a fix.

Best Answer

ChasBFit,

I completely agree. I left my 1 star review yesterday. Now I will go to Amazon, too. (ETA: Amazon received so many bad reviews/activity that they are no longer accepting reviews unless you are a verified customer.)  

>>>If you’re planning on purchasing a Fitbit, ask me why I regret it. “If it ‘ain’t broken’, don’t fix it”. If it IS broken, FIX IT! >>>

Best Answer

Hi again nujol (and everyone else). To get slightly technical... Good application design normally separates the data (stuff about your exercises, heart beat, steps, etc.) from its representation (the bit of the App or Website you look at), the interface. This is called abstraction. Indeed I'm assuming FitBit does this so that  users can see their data both on a smartphone and on their desktop or laptop computer, which have different interfaces. This representation (graphic) layer should be trivially easy to offer in numerous formats, and so making the 'old' App dashboard available should represent no intrinsic problem. Even if there are processes running below the interface, good design should separate these from the interface itself. If FitBit refuse to offer the 'old' dashboard it's not that they couldn't it's that they choose not to. I remember there was a time when CSS (cascading style sheets) first appeared and were used in developing website that there was a fad for allowing users to choose background colours, font sizes and so on. Highly customisable (if sometime highly questionable from a look perspective) web sites were available at anyone's whim.

Best Answer
Not getting the new dashboard, lucky you. I wis I could say the same thing. The new dashboard is absolute rubbish.

If there is no way to revert to the old dashboard in the next Fitbit app update I will ditch Fitbit for another fitness band/watch.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

ChasBFit,

i also twitted this to @FitbitDev “The new dashboard design is unfriendly to senior citizens with eyesight issues/visual impaired.  Since I don’t run with reading glasses, I can no longer analyze my running data, until I’m home. Please add an option for larger text. @AARP“

Go directly to the developers on a “public” platform.  Tag any public service org that applies. 

Best Answer

Hi,

since the new update I can no longer see a route map for my run and cannot see a Km split. It also won’t allow me to categorise the exercise as a run. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer