Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello my fit but app won't stay open. When I click the icon it opens and quickly closes down again. I have checked for updates done any that were required. Tried turning off/on phone 3 times and still not working. Any suggestion??

Thanks
Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59
Hi, Negruj,

I had to un- and reinstall my app a few times, but it’s been working ever since. Have you contacted the FitBit team directly? I found them very responsive and helpful. They might be able to tell you what the RAM requirements are. As an afterthought, are you enabling the app to run in the background on your phone?
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I found that my internet connection was not working. When this was corrected, the app opened and I was able to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app on my iPhone 10 Max use to open and all of a sudden it did nothing. Why and how do I fix it? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, and i have also tried to uninstall and install again. It opened once after reinstall, but then it's back to not even starting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, this is all fairly discouraging, as my app just staring doing this a few hours ago. I guess I'll go home and reinstall the app, hope all my record-breaking data isn't lost, and that everything returns to normal.

If not, I'll just chuck this product and move on with my life.

Hope it works, though. If that's NOT what I should do for some reason, I hope somebody tells me that quickly.

Sigh.

v3

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, V3 -

Please don’t despair! It will work again. Which Fitbit device do you use? I on my third model but I think this was an issue with my Alta.

Janet
Best Answer
I found bluetooth had turned off on my computer, turned it on and now all is well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Great! I am so glad! 😊
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on an iPad Air and my Fitbit app opens to a blank page, then closes right back down. It worked at noon and now it is dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the crashing thing like... 5 minutes ago? I think it was the update. I reinstalled, and everything's great again. All data was saved! I flex 2 for what that's worth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dont worry, everything is in the cloud 😉
My app started working again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are using the fitbit app on iOS and it's crashing when you start it then make sure your app is version 3.6.1 as this problem started with version 3.6 and 3.6.1 has a fix

Best Answer

Same happening to me - if I uninstall and re install the Fitbit app will I lose all my data?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, Claire - You will not. When I had this problem, one rep at FitBit told me I would, but since it wasn’t working, I did it anyway. When I reinstalled and opened my app, it was all still there. Unfortunately, I had to go through this process a few times, and always my data remained. Cheers, Janet
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just deleted and reinstalled the app and it worked. When you try to uninstall the app, you get a prompt saying you will lose all data, but I didn’t; I only had to sign in again once it was up and running.

Best Answer

I’m trying to open the Fitbit app on my iPhone and iPad but it will not stay open. I need it to open in order to link with my  charger 2 to change the time. I turned off blue tooth on both devices, shut them down, and turned them on again to set blue tooth back up.  Then I tried to open the Fitbit app, but it still would not stay open.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SharonPowell have you checked that your fitbit app is on version 3.6.1 as this is needed to avoid the crash on opening?

Best Answer

I also have the problem on my iphone 6s since yesterday when I updated the Fitbit app to 3.6.1: the app tries to open then disappears.  So I can't sync.  My updates on iphone 6s are also current.  Shall I try to uninstall and reinstall the app?  I have tried all the remedies suggested by others in this chain.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app. Unfortunately I lost all data back to 2018....however all is working well now so at least the last 2 weeks data is all being captured. It even seems to sync a lot quicker for sleep now. Sad I lost all past data but pleased everything is working again

Claire NEWMAN
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this re-assuring suggestion.  I'll try the uninstall and reinstall.  Hope it works.

Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes