Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app won't open

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello my fit but app won't stay open. When I click the icon it opens and quickly closes down again. I have checked for updates done any that were required. Tried turning off/on phone 3 times and still not working. Any suggestion??

Thanks
Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Better late than never, I respond. Thank you all. It worked and all data was recovered.

Now I have new problems, but that's for another thread....

v3

Best Answer

I am diabetic and use the glance watchface to monitor my blood sugar. After the most recent update, the Fitbit app wasn't working so I deleted and now it won't reinstall.  Help, please! Brenda

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me right now and none of these answers are the solution. I can’t even locate the app to uninstall it. It has disappeared. But the App Store says it’s installed. It’ll open for on second and then I get a message that says ‘app is no longer shared with you buy it in the apple store’. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that if I went into settings and turned off bluetooth then turned it back on after a couple of minutes everything was ok.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been months now I have been facing this problem. Have lost count how many times I have uninstalled and reinstalled  the app..switched off and restarted my phone many times. Bluetooth on/off. Device connected / disconnected, cleared cache.. nothing has worked for me. I am so so so disappointed. None of the representative has helped, nor even the technical team has done anything about it.

Best Answer

Wait till your battery is fully empty and then reinstall did the trick for me. See similar posts for detailed description. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just updated my Fitbit app today (I check for updates almost daily) and now I am having this issue with the app opening and then immediately closing. I have no other apps open, I went through the force close, turn off Bluetooth and restart my iPhone process. I deleted and reinstalled the app. Nothing seems to work. What am I missing?

Best Answer

This is happening to me (fitbit app opens to a white screen for a split second and then closes itself). I've tried deleting/reinstalling, bluetooth on/off, shut phone off and turn back on. I have version 3.60 and a fix is not available.Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit wasn’t able to help me but the next day the issue went away. I still can’t go back to the day in question but everything has been working going forward. I’m assuming I ended up with some corrupted data on the specific day I was having trouble with. I would wait until tomorrow and see if the issue resolves itself.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit App crashes immediately. Anyone else experiencing this?

Best Answer

Can you give us more information so we can try to help you, @D_fit ? 

• Is this a new problem? 
  • Which phone do you have?
  • Is it at the required OS (10 or higher) or iOS (14 or higher) version? 
  • Is your Fitbit app at the latest version?

Please let us know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, 

• This is a new problem

• iPhone SE, iOS 14

• Fitbit App at latest version 

thank you!

Best Answer

Thanks for the information, @D_fit - Here are the steps I believe you should take. They will allow you to restart from the beginning.

•  In the Fitbit app (if you can open it. Otherwise continue to the next step.)
    • Tap Account > Charge 4 > Remove this device.
  • Close the app then remove it from your Home Screen. Select Delete.
  • Power your iPhone off completely. Wait several minutes then turn it back on. 
  • Install the Fitbit app again. Then set up your Charge 4 by tapping Account > Set Up a Device.

Please let me know if that helps.  

Best Answer

If I delete the App, I will lose all my data, correct?

will I be able to retrieve the data from my Fitbit profile?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D_fit - Did you use a Fitbit device prior to this Charge 4? As long as the data from that device was synced to your phone. And if you had data on the Charge 4 that you I were able to sync before the app started crashing, you will not lost that data. After syncing, everything is saved to your Fitbit account. I see I missed a step (sorry), After you install the Fitbit app again, you will be prompted to log in before setting up a device. At that point, your data will be retrieved from your profile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem on my iPhone - was working fine for years - I tried all the things you did - then called tech support and was told it was my phone, not the app - really?    the previous posts here in 2019 say that this happened to them and that when they installed fitbit app 3.6.1, the problem went away.  However, I can only find fitbit app 3.6

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uninstalled & reinstalled and still not working. Very annoying!

Best Answer
Annoying indeed. First try to completely wear out all the power of the
battery and then reinstall everything... That worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your reports and steps tried prior to posting. As you may know this issue was recently affecting the iOS Fitbit app and was already resolved by our team. If you're having difficulties, please make sure the Fitbit app is updated as this will ensure its performance.

I'm going to close this thread to prevent any confusion. If you have a different question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. Have a good one!

Best Answer
0 Votes