Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won’t connect via Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything. My Fitbit randomly disconnected from my Bluetooth and won’t sync, of course. I’ve turned my phone off and back on, updated the app and it still won’t connect. Help please! I’m losing my challenge because I can’t update with 60,000+ steps! And I miss tracking my sleep!

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Hello @StephanieWiley, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know about this issue affecting your tracker's syncing capabilities. I appreciate you have already tried some troubleshooting steps in hopes tor resolve it. Please note that your Fitbit device does not sync directly through the Bluetooth Settings on your phone but through the Fitbit app. 

Now, as you have removed the device from the list of paired devices on your phone, please go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account to check if your Fitbit device is showing up here. If it is, try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.

On the other hand, if your Fitbit device is not showing up when you tap on Account, please set it up as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Please note that Fitbit devices can store up to 7 days of detailed information and 30 days of general information so once you're able to sync it your steps will be added to your challenges. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been struggling with this too. Rebooted everything, blah blah blah.

What finally worked was going into my phone's Bluetooth settings, forgetting my Charge, refinding it, and then synching. Hope that helps.

Best Answer

Hi. I have tried everything to get my Fitbit to pair but it just won't. It was fine until 2 days ago. It needs an update but I couldn't get it to update so I unpaired it in order to re-pair and try again but now I can't get it to pair at all. 

I've tried restating my phone, checking for updates, reinstalling the app, deleting my Bluetooth cache and data and looking for a new device. It finds the device, gives me the pairing number but then refuses to pair.

Best Answer

Am having the same issue now am fed up taking it back

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, did you ever figure it out? 

Best Answer

I've ended up having to connect it to my PC, which worked. Then it also did the update that needed doing which then meant it synced with my mobile app afterwards. Hope this might help someone else.

Best Answer

I've just got my new versa this week and it connected ok originally, I've done the firmware update and now my phone wont even find the device when discovering bluetooth devices. I've tried all of the above and it did work on my work phone when I tried it but it still wont appear at all on my samsung s9. So it's not just a case of not connecting but not being able to find the versa at all. I'm at a loss so any help much appreciated!!

Best Answer

this morning my son came to me and told me that his Fitbit hadn't reset overnight and was still on several thousand steps. While trying to figure this out my daughter said she installed her Fitbit on my phone. We were all trying to use the same account. I deleted everybody is account and started fresh and now the Fitbit won't be recognized by the Bluetooth on my son's phone that it was recognizing merely 2 hours ago. I have done everything everybody has said above. However I wasn't able to forget the account because it was no longer there to forget. That's why it wouldn't connect. I am at such a loss since this was working two hours ago. It also won't pair to my phone and I am the mother.

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve followed all of these steps and my Fitbit charge 2 is still failing to connect to any device via Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you manage to sort out your Fitbit? My bluetooth on phone will not pick up my device. It also needs an update but can't update until paired 

Best Answer

I've tried every suggestion and it still does not work: Conclusion: low quality hardware that does not last.

I will never buy Fitbit again.

Best Answer

Hello,

I have followed all the instructions and nothing has worked. Unfortunately, this has caused a lot of doubt to rise up within me to refuse any of these products. Much more, I regret to recommend any of Fitbit products to others due to this glaring issue. It would seem that this is on-going with very little success rate. Given the few individuals recanting their favour holds no issue to the over-all construct of things, I do hope there will be a better, more reliable, product to be made. On this note, I will try to return the product. If unable to, I will never recommend Fitbit products as worth the cost. 

For your consideration,

Joy

Best Answer

I am having the same trouble. I am travelling and my phone is working (showing UK time,) but my phone is not synching. I have now taken my Blaze off from my account and am now trying to reset it but my watch is not pairing when I try to set it up. This is so infuriating. My bluetooth on my phone is working as I have other devices paired. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Tried everything. Was working this morning then just stopped. Won't even detect my Charge 2

Best Answer

I've tried all the trouble shooting.... When i try to set it up as a new device it can find my tracker, it can send my tracker a code but once the code is put on the phone, it still won't connect and suggests other trouble shooting which i have tried.

Best Answer
  • The same as everyone else. My Fitbit won’t sync. Won’t connect. I tried to unpair, pair, reinstall, NOTHING! Frustrating!! 
Best Answer

didn't work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Versa2 won’t sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just spent 3 hours online and on phone with fitbit rep.  Went thru all these steps several times with no success.  The bottom line comment from Supv was “guess you have a prob with your device”.  Isn’t it beyond coincidence that so many of us have this same problem?  There was a fitbit app update a few days ago.  That’s when my problem started but these reps won’t acknowledge it is their problem!!!  Instead they blame 13.5 IOS update or the device.  I didn’t even have 13.5 downloaded when the problem started.  But I had just downloaded the Fitbit App update.  So... telephone conversations with these reps is a waste of time.   Seems like a ploy to get you to buy the new fitbit by preventing you from connecting to bluetooth with Flex2. 

Best Answer