Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won’t connect via Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything. My Fitbit randomly disconnected from my Bluetooth and won’t sync, of course. I’ve turned my phone off and back on, updated the app and it still won’t connect. Help please! I’m losing my challenge because I can’t update with 60,000+ steps! And I miss tracking my sleep!

Best Answer
73 REPLIES 73

Hi @Samsteps and @Elenalatici. Welcome to the forums. @graunty, it's good to see you here. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for keeping me updated, as well for your efforts while working on this. Our team has been informed about the syncing issues experienced on some Fitbit devices that are linked to the iOS Fitbit app. They're working hard to bring a solution to all our affected members and in the meantime, we recommend to keep the Fitbit app updated.

@Samsteps, since you mentioned that the sleep tile doesn't appear on the Today screen, may I know if your Fitbit is paired to your account? I'm asking this as the tiles will be available as soon as you have a Fitbit device paired and with that feature. If the answer is not, please give a try to the troubleshooting steps described in this help article.

@Elenalatici, thanks for joining this thread and I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with your Inspire. I understand how important for you is to get accurate details and please know that every feedback posted in the forums never goes unnoticed. I've checked with our Support team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. I'd recommend to follow their recommendations and keep an open communication with them so you can receive assistance.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

In response to your question about my account with Fitbit. I have an iPad that can find my Fitbit flex 2 through Bluetooth, it says it is connected. When I open the Fitbit app the only tiles I have are calories ( with no ability to edit and change to steps), I have track exercise ( this does not work unless I manually enter an exercise), then it shows log water, pounds, food tiles (which are also only manual entry). So I do not believe that the app and the device are actually paired.
My flex 2 device is still working, it reminds me to move every hour, and it tracks my steps through the lighted dot display. And. Can still get buzzed when I reach 10,000 steps. But none of this is getting sent to the app. It is also very hard to know when to charge the device because I cannot see anything on the app. I have rebooted the device following the instructions from your help page. I put the device in the charger and press the button three times, the device does vibrate and flash when I do this.
I also have an iPhone that cannot find the Fitbit device through Bluetooth, it cannot even locate the device to get to the point of trying to connect. I have rebooted my phone, I have turned Bluetooth off and on, I have logged out of the app and deleted it. Then downloaded the app and logged in again. If I try to set up the Fitbit flex 2 on the account I cannot get past the find the device.
So I am still trying to remain a customer/user of the Fitbit product but it has been almost a month since this problem has occurred and I will soon have to decide that enough is enough. I have been a Fitbit customer since 2013.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sandy.  Just curious.....have you set up your app through the Fitbit website????

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure what you mean...I have the app on my mobile devices. Also if I go to the Fitbit website and log in...I get the same tiles....no steps, sleep or hourly tracking.

Samsteps
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 won’t connect to the Bluetooth on my iPhone. I’ve tried all the recommended steps and more... I’ve restarted it turned apps off, Bluetooth on and off restarted iPhone, iPads even tried with my wife’s phone and laptop! I’m at my wits end. The watch hasn’t any time now and it had been displaying the wrong time the last week or so. Not sure what else to do as I really like having a Fitbit and all my family have one but don’t want to pay for another one if the same thing might happen again. I’m at a loss 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try letting the battery run down completely and then try to connect again.
Mine stopped working and like you I tried everything several times that the
gurus said to do. I finally let it sit for a couple of days then
recharged it and low and behold it connected to bluetooth and has been
working ever since.
Best Answer

Thanks Haleho,

I have tried that too...no luck...the device lost track of time of day when it fully lost charge so now it buzzes me to walk 250 steps in the middle of the night ! I’m at the point that Bluetooth doesn’t even find my device. I doubt I will wait much longer for a fix as I haven’t been able to use my Fitbit since June 23rd. Don’t think I will purchase a Fitbit product again.

Best Answer

You have to add them to your dashboard (through the website).  Then, once your device has synced they will appear on your fitbit, like magic 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see you again.

@Samsteps, thanks for confirming that your Flex 2 isn't able to set up, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried. I'm sorry that you've gone through this experience and let me continue helping you. Since you have an iPhone and iPad, did you make sure to turn off the Bluetooth on your iPad when trying the set up process in your iPhone? I'd recommend to give one last try to your Flex 2. Please turn off the Bluetooth on any device that is nearby with the exception of your iPhone, restart your tracker and try the set up process one more time on your iPhone. 

@graunty, thanks for stopping by to help our members. Just to clarify, you'll need to use the Fitbit app on a mobile device to set up your Fitbit device and sync your data. On the other hand, the website will allow you to check your synced data and adjust some settings of your Fitbit account.

@Haleho, thanks for your great suggestions and I'm glad your Fitbit has been able to sync correctly.

@Markob, thanks for the time taken while troubleshooting your Charge 3. I understand your point of view as your details and time aren't updating correctly. So I can investigate on my end, please let me know the model of your phone and the OS/software version running. Also, check if your tracker is updated to the latest firmware.

I'll look forward to your responses.

Best Answer

Thanks so much!!! It started connecting and syncing finally on its own, but if it happens again I will use your method. Thanks again.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it,

Best Answer

Hello Lizzie,

Well suddenly on Aug 11 I was able to connect to my device on my iPad and sync with the app. Yay...I can use my Fitbit again ! I have lost all activities and steps between June 23 and Aug 11...but at least it is working on my iPad now.

I still cannot find the flex2 device on my IPhone through Bluetooth. This continues to be an issue. I have tried all of the suggestions...nothing works. It may be an issue with my phones Bluetooth...I don’t know. I have tried all suggestions for that as well.

Glad to have some use of my device again...good luck to others with this issue!

Best Answer

Hi @Elenalatici and @Samsteps. I hope you're doing well.

@Elenalatici, you're welcome and thanks to you for the update. I'm glad that your Inspire is syncing with the Fitbit app properly. Feel free to reply back if you have more questions.

@Samsteps, that's great news and thanks for every step you've tried to get your Flex 2 syncing. I'm sorry for the lost data and in case you remember the activities done on those days, you can manually log your exercises. About the Bluetooth connection, have you tried to re-establish the Bluetooth connection in the Fitbit app? You can do this by opening the Fitbit app and pulling down on the screen to force a manual sync. From there a Bluetooth pair authorization should appear, tap pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Lizzie,

Thanks for keeping in touch with this issue. My IPhone is connecting to my flex2 device through Bluetooth now. It just started working one day when I was driving around town. I had completed an iOS upgrade a couple of days prior...so maybe that is what was needed. 
so I am back to being able to sync my Fitbit to both my iPad and my iPhone as of Aug 23rd.

Fingers crossed that this issue is behind me. 
Good luck to everyone else...hang in there !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem!  I’ve tried all of the steps and it isn’t working.  Unsure if I’ll replace it because this has happened before.  😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit was not connecting to my I pad. But yesterday when I saw your message that with latest los update it can be connected I tried & it started , but only for couple of hours after that it stopped .can you suggest me any other way to activate the same?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Padmakshi,

I don’t know if this will work but try to delete your device and reinstall it on your account. It will walk you through setting up a new device if you have removed it. If you get to the point where it is searching for a device and not finding it then you have to go to settings on your iPad and remove the device on Bluetooth and find it again there.

Hope this helps...it seems like just going through these steps it will eventually work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also have this issue, just disconnected two days ago, I’ve reset and up dates both phone and charge 4 and it says device found but can not connect 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all this and still does not connect 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of this it still isn’t working. I’m getting a “something went wrong message”

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did exactly that but now it doesnt find my fitbit to add again 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes