Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logs Disappearing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am operating on an iOS system.

I updated my FitBit app on 4/2/2016, since doing so it has had problems logging food.

When I put something it, randomly it will count its calories out, but not show it on the list.

Then when I go to put it in again, it will pop up, making it where I can see it, but now there are double entries. I delete one and it seems fine.

Its normally the first thing I put in is the one it omits. 

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Jessilen

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone! I come with great news. Our team just released an update of the Fitbit app for iOS devices, so feel free to update it by following these instructions and test it out.

Let me know if you have any question about this.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
63 REPLIES 63

Hello @Jbeckham and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community. If you recently updated you app version I suggest to restart your Fitbit app.

1. Log out from your Fitbit account and double tap the home button on your iOS device.

Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app and try again.

Hope it helps, keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit flex has started to delete the food items I log right after I log them! And when I re-log the food items, suddenly they ALL appear, I mean, they the items appear repeated two or three times...
I have had my Fitbit for 4months and only now has it started doing this. Any solutions??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CatPereira

The Flex isn't able to delete foods. Cat Wink

Have moved this thread to the iOS App section since more relevant to the topic & increase the chance of getting a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @CatPereira! As @SunsetRunner had mentioned, the tracker does not delete anything you log. Where is this happening in the Fitbit app or Online dashboard? What could be happening is that there's a small delay after you log the food and it does not appear immediately. I recommend logging something randomly, close the app and reopen it, to see if it appers how it should.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello @SunsetRunner

I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself correctly!
The Fitbit app (iOS iPhone) keeps deleting the logged food items. This happens most with the items I pick from the "recent" and "frequent" list.
It is not due to a delay, I keep doing what you recommend (closing the app and reopening) and the items do not appear. What does make them appear is re-logging them and waiting a few seconds or close-open the app and then the food items appear repeated (as in fact I did log them twice or three times until they appear).
If I'm not mistaken, it started happening with the latest updates of iOS and Fitbit...I did not have this problem until two or three weeks ago...
more possible solutions?
Thank you!
Best Answer

I have the same problem:

Some of the entries disappear as soon as I have added them. I can see them in the list for a second, then they disappear. Others will stay but be gone next time I look. If I add the same entry again, sometimes the "lost" one reappears, so I have to remove the duplicate.

I have restarted the app with no result. Also logged out and back in with no result.

I have tried to add from the Dashboard (clicking the plus in the right hand corner and selecting Log Food, I have added from "Calories Eaten", and from "Calories Left". I have saved with "save" and "save and add more". Either way, I see this issue with roughly one in four entries.

The app is version 2.21(487) and my iOS is 9.3.1.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Thanks for the input @RobertoME, but the problem is still persisting.  The app is actually shutting off on me now once I try to enter foods & it is not adding them when it does it.  It was fine before this last update. I am having the same problems as the people who have responded to my post.  I have deleted the App & re-downloaded it. I have shutdown my fitbit. Is there a new App coming to fix these problems?

Also, it is not showing my text or call notifications anymore.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue and have been since the last update of the iOS app.  Food will not show when first added, the app sometimes crashes when food is added and sometimes after restarting the app, the food is showing listed twice.

I have tried logging out of the app and restarting my phone before logging back in, I have also gone as far as logging out, deleting the app completely, restarting my phone and then re-downloading the app.  None of these actions have resolved the issue.

It's getting very frustrating that this is happening everytime something is added.  I have sent all crash reports through so hopefully someone in the application support team has a view of what is happening.

Best Answer

Hello @CatPereira@Jbeckham and @kat_scotty!. A special welcome to our community to @Martram. Recently has been release a new update for the iOS firmware that fix the stability of some app running in this platform. I recommend to install this new version of the device OS. It may fix the crashing issue with the Fitbit app. So far there aren't news about a bug from Fitbit's end.

Keep me posted how it goes, I'll be around.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto.  I've installed the new app and I did originally think that the food logging was better, however, it is still not always showing food logged until you've closed out of the app and re-opened.

It hasn't crashed while logging food since the update so that is at least a positive.  Still need the food to show without a restart though.

I appreciate that the information is held on the servers and sync'd down to the app, however, it was working fine before the update a few weeks ago.

Best Answer

Hello again @RobertoME!

I have updated the fitbit app (04-11-2016), the iOS is also up to date, still the problem persists! Logged food keeps disapearing...sometimes if I just wait (up to a whole 24h) and the item appears, other times I have to re-log the item and wait until the "missig" log reappears and then delete the duplicate. 

Closing the app, logging out and in of the app, restarting the phone...nothing works!

😞

Best Answer

I was experiencing something similar this morning.  However, when the item I was putting in disappeared the calories never went with it.  When I re-entered the item the calories were increased by that item's amount but the duplicate item would never appear giving me no way on the app to delete all the entries and enter them again.  I went onto the online dashboard and the missing item was there.  When I deleted it from the online dashboard and then did a sync on the app I still had the missing item's calories showing on my app's dashboard even though the online food log said zero foods and zero calories.  I still re-entered every food item eatn so far for the day minus the missing food so the total would be proper.

After seeing this thread I took the steps mentioned by @RobertoME and logged out of my account on the app, closed out it completely, reopened the app, and logged back in.  The missing food item finally appeared on the app in the proper spot (though I could have easily edited which meal it was under if it had not) and everything is in proper order.  I don't know if this is a glitch with the food logs on the iOS app or if it's because of the new Alta tracker or the fact that I have both the Alta and my old Charge still on the device and still both synching until the battery from the charge is completely out that's doing this but it does need to be looked into.  It seems tedius to me that in order to have the food logs be correct if you primarily use the iOS app to enter them you'd have to go through all those extra steps just to make sure the missing food items that are still having their calories counted are showing up properly.

For purposes of trying to figure out exactly what is going on with this in your app developement department I am using the April 11th update version 2.21.1.  The missing food happened to be the Breafast Burrito from McDonalds and is not a Custom Food so it is one that the staff at Fitbit have entered into the database themselves.  I hope this issue can be resolved so things are properly counted in our totals at the end of the day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've got the same issue as everyone else with the food log. Just thought I'd mention that I'm using the "quick calories" to enter the calories intake as a workaround until they fix the problem. You still won't get the correct sum on the dashboard or in the bar chart, but at least you can log the calories intake somewhere.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've had the same problems with the iOS app since the 4/11/16 update. Food will not show up as logged, but calories will be removed. Upon rentering the item, there will be a duplicate. Food added from "recent" or "frequent" will just disappear after being selected and not be added at all.
Adding water seems to be the worst problem however. I've added a total of 36 ounces of water for today and for some reason my dashboard says I'm at -16.9. How can my water be negative? This is an issue for me as I rarely am able to reach my water goal, but the one day I did reach it since the update, it did not acknowledge that I made my goal. 😕
There are definitely some bugs since the last update that need to be fixed.
Best Answer

This has been happening to me and my girlfriend for months now. Any news on a fix?

Best Answer
Same thing keeps happening for me. Please fix this Fitbit!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Adavis1436 @DoyleJohn91 @Smb5104This is a known issue with our App that our team is currently working to resolve. Since this is an App-related issue, you should still be able to see all of your food data on your Fitbit.com food log while this issue is being worked on.

Apologies for any potential inconvenience while this problem is being worked out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also seeing this problem -- and another related thing.  Just now I added two things via my app as I like the user interface better and keep using it, in spite of these issues.  At the moment, it's showing all the food I entered excpet it's totallled without one of the two foods I just put in.  I knew I had about 770 calories in and added about 800 more calories and got a total of 1045...

I went on the dashboard to check and found the food that hadn't gone in.  So, I entered it on the dashboard, and it looks right there now, but on iOS, it's still the same.  Maybe eventually, it will change.

Earlier, when I put in my breakfast food, one item only showed up on my log for a split second and then disappeared.  It is annoying to have to look at the list and try to figure out which item is missing when you were hoping you'd gotten everything in.  In this case, I put the the item in again.  I then checked the dashboard and found it in there twice so I deleted one there.  The second never did show up on my iPhone though I didn't wait long.  I am still a little worried that something's wrong there -- that is, at some point in the future, it'll forget something or duplicate something for today...

Glad to hear your folks are looking into this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.. I just recently started using Fitbit app for food logging. I was using my fitness pal, but didnt like having to use two different apps, so I switched to this. But this issue still isnt fixed, I log multible items, and it post them, then they shuffle around, and some of them delete.. I kill the app and sometimes they come back.. When I log into the website they are all there, but its just annoying.  Also something I do not like about logging food witht he Fitbit app is, you cant not see your breakdown of Carbs, fats, protein, ect. in the app. You just see total calories.  The website shows all this, so it would be nice to see that stuff in the app as well.. Hope this issue gets resolved soon, or I'll go back to MyFitnessPal.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes