Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logs Disappearing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am operating on an iOS system.

I updated my FitBit app on 4/2/2016, since doing so it has had problems logging food.

When I put something it, randomly it will count its calories out, but not show it on the list.

Then when I go to put it in again, it will pop up, making it where I can see it, but now there are double entries. I delete one and it seems fine.

Its normally the first thing I put in is the one it omits. 

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Jessilen

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63
Any joy fixing the food logging, calorie counting part of the app with all the symptoms described in this post ( and one or two others). This randomly started about one month ago and is really annoying. I've entered my evening meal, snacks and drinks 3 times just now and felt the subsequent need to repost having done so a couple of weeks ago. By the way, what I just entered 3 times now finally appears once on the summary but is counted twice in the total. I have the latest app and iOS update and just changed from a flex to an alta.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have this problem too. I am using a Fitbit Alta, with the Fitbit app on an iPhone 6+. With all the latest updates etc. I keep adding foods I've eaten, via, 'Calories Eaten' tile. Then they show momentarily, then disappear from the log. Then if I close the app & reopen it again, it may appear. When putting in multiple items, only some items appear. Close app & open it again & one may appear, but the others are lost. So I'm having to do it one item at a time, then close app, open app & see if it has added it. Very laborious! Been using Fitbit for a year this week (hooray!) and I've never encountered this issue before, its always been so easy to log the food @ calories you've eaten. But, this has been happening since around the beginning of April 2016. It sounds from the Moderator comment on this thread, that Fitbit are aware of it. (I have posted various posts on this on various threads trying to get a solution.) Please Fitbit bring us a solution soon! It really is so laborious & frustrating having to enter food/watch it appear, then disappear from log, close & reopen the app, to see if it's there. Then, if it's not, go through the whole process again! (Wish this process would burn more calories, then it might be worth it! lol)
Best Answer

Is anyone getting a response of any kind on this problem?  All I see is multiple people saying me too.  I find it awful that an product that is supposed to assist in counting calories in vs out cannot log food correctly.  This now happens at least once a day to me.  I prefer the food entry in ios as opposed to the website because it is so much easier and handier to use.  This is so frickin frustrating - its been broken for way too long.

Best Answer
I am new to Fitbit. Starting to consider returning it as basic functionality does not work as advertised making it pretty useless. Lack of any support compounds the issue. Is there normally a total lack of response from anyone from Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been using Fitbit trackers & the Fitbit App on an iPhone, for over a year. This is the first problem I have encountered. Overall, I think they are a brilliant exercise tracker & I have found the app to work seamlessly. Until around the beginning of this month, when the food log, started glitching. (I wonder whether the launch of the Blaze & the Alta, and the new 'Hourly Activity' feature, & the latest update have caused a software issue. Or whether there has suddenly been a surge in new people using the apps. (I'm no techie, but I just wonder whether this issue could be connected as the timings coincide.)
Fitbit do say they are aware of the problem - see PeterFitbit's comment on page 1, he's a moderator, so presumably he knows about these things! But, there is no encouraging news, as to when a solution will be available 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems peterfitbit is trying to say it is just a delay in the posting to the master database.  While that may be the case sometimes, as sometimes I go to the website and the item is there, other times - most times, the item is not there and has just vaporized.  I find it amazing that with all of these complaints that there seems to be no response even if we know about the problem and it is our top priority.  I have also been having issues with the heart rate monitor when doing strength training and even periodically during cardio work - been a fitbit person for over a year now and seriously considering finding another tool.

Best Answer
Same for me. Add food log and then watch it disappear. If I add it in again, later in the day it may appear twice. Looking forward to the fix.
Best Answer
Same problem
Best Answer
Yup. Same problem here. Exactly as described above, and in the same timescales.
Best Answer
I am also experiencing this issue. It's very frustrating to try to track calories (something that requires some discipline) and all the while your tools are fighting against you. Hopefully it will be addressed soon.
Best Answer

I have been experiencing the same issue since the last App update. To fix the problem, as a temporary workaround, add the food and then (if it disappears) close down the App completely - double click then swipe it closed - then reopen the App. Go back into your diary and the food will appear back. Adding it multiple times will only log it multiple times, so don't do that.

Just awaiting an App update for a fix!

Best Answer
I have been using that technique successfully so thank you however it is quite burdensome and the issue needs a fix. This is a persistent problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello everyone! I come with great news. Our team just released an update of the Fitbit app for iOS devices, so feel free to update it by following these instructions and test it out.

Let me know if you have any question about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much. Update installed & Calories Burned is up & working reliable once again. You have restored my faith in the Fitbit app & team. So nice just to log calories burned once, and they stay there.
Best Answer

Thanks for the update.  I have just downloaded the update and can't wait to log my next meal.  Were there any other fixes bundled with this?

Best Answer
Thank you very much. I look forward to using the log with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So, I tried entering tonights dinner. The good news is that every entry that I entered stayed in the food log. However, when I chose something from either the food list or my recent food list, if I had to adjust the quanitity eaten, the calories did not change. As an example, I pulled up chicken breast, I think it was 2.5 ounces and I changed it to 4 ounces, the calorie count remained at what it was for the 2.5 ounce quantity. This is a problem that I had previously reported that does not seem to be fixed. It used to happen sporadically, not sure if that is still the case or if that is now happening all of the time. Quite frustrated at the moment so not really interested in continued testing of this problem. The only way to get the calories to adjust is to go to the website on my laptop and adjust the quantity and then put it back again to the right quantity as just changing it to the same number does not cause it to update. So my question is did anyone thoroughly test this fix or just test to see if the disappearing item was fixed. Still very frustrating to do the entry as most of us want to do it right after eating and are usually using our phones.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Credit where its due, it seems this bug has been fixed, so thanks for that guys. However, it amazes me that app updates are not thoroughly tested before release. Indeed Fitbit seem to rely on its customers as guinea pig testers. Over the last 3 decades I have worked as a software engineer and system tester. For sure my **ahem** would have been fired if I'd allowed errors of such magnitude to hit the live system. It simply would just not happen. Many more hiccups like this and you're going to start to lose customers, and that would be a tragedy as its a fantastic product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yawner, I beg to differ with the credit. I am a project manager responsible for delivering systems that work. I would never stand for this kind of fix as the function is still not useable. Previously,it appeared that the calorie adjustment issue was sporadic, but everything I tried tonight did not work. Additionally given how long this took to fix, I am not a happy camper.
Best Answer
So, what's going on with fixing the food logging issues the right way? Anyone hear anything?
Best Answer
0 Votes