Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logs Disappearing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am operating on an iOS system.

I updated my FitBit app on 4/2/2016, since doing so it has had problems logging food.

When I put something it, randomly it will count its calories out, but not show it on the list.

Then when I go to put it in again, it will pop up, making it where I can see it, but now there are double entries. I delete one and it seems fine.

Its normally the first thing I put in is the one it omits. 

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Jessilen

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63

My issue resolved when I turned off my WiFi, logged out, and logged back in. All I probably needed to do was to turn off WiFi. I think our WiFi virus protection here at work created the issue. Everything is working on LTE.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @jeterway @Yawner and welcome to the Forums @MrDownriver!

@MrDownriver it's good to know that the issue is already resolved. Thanks for sharing your troubleshoot. This can help other people facing the problem to get another workaround if needed.

@jeterway @Yawner a new version of the Fitbit app was released on 05/25/2016. You can get detailed information about in this post.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

having same problem.  yes it does delete food added.  took app off and reloaded it, still won't add food.  or loads two items and deletes previous meal, or previous items. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard to our Community @pwj. My first recommendation would be to review PeterFitbit's post on this thread. If you have tried that already and the issue still persist, I wonder if when you logged food and the entry does not appear, are you able to see any change on your calories in value? 

If you do please try with force quitting the app. This might help you to resolve the issue:

1. Log out from your app and double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen. 
2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion. 
3. Reopen the Fitbit app and sign back in.

Keep me posed how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK,  deleted all the open apps with a double tap, and swiping up the open app.  I have even deleted and then added the app again (some how it recognized me so I didn't have to sign in) and it still won't add every thing up as the day goes on, but shows most on my down loaded log on the computer.  come on,

Best Answer
0 Votes
I previously had this problem but since the app update a few weeks ago I have not experienced any issues or problems. Works great!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is any one noticing foods logged then disappearing or being doubled up?

i don't understand how a product that's being around for 4 years can keep coming up with the same historical bugs!!!

Come on Fitbit. Get your act together. 

Best Answer

Your latest update is bs (pardon the pun). Don't you guys have anyone testing this app?

I've had it three and a half years and I'm finally thinking its time to try something else.

I log a food, and latter it will delete it or maybe even double it up. It'll appear on the app but won't update the total calories. It won't appear on the dashboard. 

I have to work out which food it is then delete it and re enter it then sync to get everything to work the way it should.

Too difficult.

Disappointing.

Best Answer

I have been having the same problem, despite having deleted the app, reinstalling it on multiple occasions.

Best Answer

I've had lots of problems logging food, too. Sometimes it doubles the entry, then later deletes it. Sometimes the daily total changes overnight, though the entries have not changed. The errors on my phone app doesn't always match the log when I go to the website on my laptop. Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a 'solved' issue so you may want to create a new problem.  Not sure that they are even looking here anymore.  I have no idea how they can consider this a solved issue.  I finally gave up food logging on fitbit and do my logging on myfitnesspal.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 5s and have done all of the updates my Fitbit recently started not entering food correctly. When I enter food in for today it logs it in as the food I have eaten for the last month so all of yesterday's entries are automatically overwritten. How can I make this stop happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a different problem from what we were seeing with the food logs.

One suggestion:  I have seen a problem like this:

1. It's, say Friday evening, and you've opened the food logs to enter some foods; you leave that open.
  2. You go back later to add a late night snack or whatever but it's now actually Saturday morning.  The app shows "today"'s log still, like you left it but when you enter new food it lands on Saturday.

Work around is to make sure you go back to the home page and then back into the food logs after midnight.

It's possible that Fitbit tried to address this problem and messed it up differently so you're seeing different oddness.  If that's the case, the work around may still fix it.

I'm not sure that's the problem you're having.  If it's not, I suggest you post a new thread since I'm pretty sure this isn't the problem that this thread was about.  To be honest, like another poster, I finally gave up and am using My Fitness Pal to enter my food.  You can set that up so the calories eaten show up in your Fitbit app.

- Liz

Best Answer
0 Votes
What is happening is I enter my food and it shows for the day- and it logs
in the "week" screen which displays as a bar chart, but if I want to see
how many calories I ate yesterday, or the day before, what is happening is
whatever I put in for today displays for all days in the past.
Tracy
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's not what I've seen, but I'm not entering my food directly into Fitbit any more.

I suggest you either contact Fitibit support directly or start a new thread.  I did a quick search and did find a post about duplicating past food entries with a solution.  I don't think posting here will help much more since I'm the only one responding and I haven't seen this.

- Liz

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am experiencing the same problem. Every time I log that I ate eggs, the eggs magically disappear. I have the latest Fitbit app and Apple upgrade and it still does it. This isn’t cool and quite annoying. I flipped through this blog and I noticed this problem existed since 2016, so this is an issue that Fitbit needs to rectify. Help Fitbit! Thanks!

peter 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PeterD_26 this thread is for an old problem.

There is a new bug with logging food and fitbit are making updates on that in this thread:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Issues-with-food-input-on-iOS-2-53/td-p/2825777

As a temporary solution we can log food via fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem seemed to have disappeared till it reappeared today. Items I
never ate are getting logged and other items which I are and logged are
disappearing. App sucks
--
Kind regards
*Siva*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes. And the past couple of days it’s been switching foods - I log a bowl of tortilla soup for 350 calories and it’s shows up as refrained beans at 425 calories!
I have been able to fix it by logging in on my laptop- deleting errors and adding correct food. And one time I fixed it by uninstalling the app on my iPhone and reinstalling.
Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes