Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working correctly since updating to iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45. I'll be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device, please see the help pages below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please post a new comment.  

I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

Mine isn’t working either! I’m trying to train for my first marathon and I’m so frustrated. If I had known it was going to take this long for a fix I would have spent the extra money for an Apple Watch! Let’s go Fitbit. Fix your problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my iphone 7 set to location always on, and bluetooth on for the fitbit app. My fitbit was able to auto track a short walk today and was able to connect with the GPS on my phone. I have a great GPS map for that work out. However, when I later went to track a hike using the workout function, my fitbit was unable to find my phone after several attempts and I had to do the workout without GPS. 

Can fitbit please look into the program differences concerning GPS connectivity between auto track and manual work outs. Maybe the resolution lies there...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this issue. New to the board and experiencing same problems as everyone else is describing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update:  things have been working well for me since the most recent iOS update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have not seen or heard of a fix from Fitbit. Nor have I seen you heard a reply from Fitbit.

Dan McMullen
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like there is an issue with creating a fix...hope not, because there are clearly quite a few of us who will have a serious problem not being able to access GPS.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Correct Dan
And the problem remains the same: the reported distance in Fitbit is almost the double of the actual amount

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem since the iOS 11 release as well.  However, since updating to iOS 11.2 on Saturday, my Charge 2 has been using the connected GPS correctly.  Hope it's fixed now (Knocks on wood).

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get complete guide how to fix GPS or Location Services Not Working in iOS 11 and it’s worked for me.
Source:
https://www.howtoisolve.com/gps-location-services-not-working-ios-11-iphone-ipad/

Best Answer

Thank you for the link. I have tried those steps but my iPhone is not the issue since the GPS Services for all my other apps works just fine.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been almost three months since the issue arose.  Is there an update yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having issues too but I just updated to iOS 11.2.1 with an up to date app and my Charge 2 is connecting to GPS again. 

Best Answer

I see people with the Charge are able to GPS again, but has anyone with a Blaze been able to connect? I bought a warranty with my Blaze, so I think I’m going to go get my money back and invest in someone else’s product. I feel like Fitbit isn’t even concerned with us. They aren’t being proactive about a fix. Three months is more than enough time for a fix. I hate using a second party app to track my runs!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My is working again since iOS update.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hei hău are you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is finally working again. It didn’t earlier in the week, and I realized that if background app refresh is on, or if I have phone in low battery mode, the gps does not work properly (even though it does with other tracking apps). Hope it helps some of you temporarily at least

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a fix for this yet?  Still getting ‘check Fitbit app’ message.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 7 with a Blaze. I cannot get the GPS to work when tracking workouts. I set to do the 10min test run for the more accurate cardio fitness tracking and it disconnected after 2 minutes. I stopped that run and reset it and tried again but it disconnected after around the same amount of time so nothing was tracked on the GPS. It never picked back up in the 10mins I was actively running so not sure how to go about fixing this so it works and tracks the entire run time? 

My phone was in my pocket on the same side as my blaze so it shouldn't have been that far away to cut out at any point. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to work. I erased and redownloaded the ap. I did find it cuts out sometimes when I leave my house and my phone switches from Wifi to data mode. Now I walk far enough away from my house for data to come on and then start my workout. It seems to track well now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Will retailers provide a refund given the watch is unable to track runs in sync with the app and other compatible apps? It’s frustrating having bought the watch to avoid bringing a phone on a run and now having to bring the phone on a run in order to sync to the app and other compatible apps.Disappointing having spent a lot of money on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes