Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working correctly since updating to iOS 11

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45. I'll be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device, please see the help pages below. If that doesn't resolve the issue please post a new comment.  

I've merged a few threads together. Our team is aware of some users having issues with GPS intermittently disconnecting during exercise after updating to iOS 11. Users see incorrect distance or see "Check Fitbit App" message. I do hope to have a fix soon and will update this thread when I learn more. 

If you haven't already, check out this article on why GPS isn't working for potential fixes. If you are still experiencing this issue you may also want to try tracking your run with MobileRun and GPS as a workaround. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182
I have an iPhone 6s. I’m lucky because I didn’t update my phone until after Christmas. I got some AirPods and I updated to see if I could control them on each ear like they said. And it worked but my tracker has been off since then. As soon as I think it might be fixed it’s all screwed up again. It is frustrating since it worked great for two years.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone5s.  The GPS worked very well for 6 months and then started to only work sporadically.  Fitbit replaced my Charge 2 last week.  On my first bike ride it mostly worked but jumped back to my starting location after about a mile, corrected itself to the correct location, and under reported the distance by about a mile all of which affected average speed.  The other metrics seemed ok.  Today's ride seemed spot on for everything.  I have not seen the Check Fitbit App since getting the new Charge 2.

I listen to internet radio when a ride.

It's not clear to me whether it is a Fitbit issue or an Apple issue.  I have noticed the phone is slow with some apps...possibly the Apple battery issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone, our team has reported this issue is resolved. If you haven't already, please update your app to version 2.45

If you are still having issues, please see the help pages mentioned in my original post. I will be closing this thread for new comments. If you are experiencing GPS issues with your tracker and iOS device please post a new comment. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes